Thread: affliction AOE?

affliction AOE?

Do You guys keep spamming Seed+ SS on the same target or on different targets and how do you set it off so fast ?

Deleted
    I usually SB+SS on 1 target and hammer SB+Seed on the same target right after, together with a normal seed. After that you can pretty much tab-target while spamming normal Seed until corruption runs and you have to refresh with SB+seed.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    at a certain gear level, you can spam SoC on one target and they will detonate before the next one lands. not sure what gear level but i would guess its a little over 490 from personal experience

Deleted
    If you want to spam SoC on one target, you have to either have perfect timing or a damage increase buff, since the damage required to detonate increases as well. I currently have ilvl 500 and sometimes its not gonna detonate before reapplied.

Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    at a certain gear level, you can spam SoC on one target and they will detonate before the next one lands. not sure what gear level but i would guess its a little over 490 from personal experience
    No, detonation damage is based on spell power, it scales with ilvl.

I start with SB:SoC, SB:SS, SB:CoE on whatever target I think will live the longest, then I tab-SB:SS until either I run out of Shards at which point I tab-SoC or if Corruption needs refreshing I throw out a SB:SoC.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by emitchell29 View Post
    No, detonation damage is based on spell power, it scales with ilvl.
    yes but i beleive your dots scale with SP faster than SoC does, so the damage your dots do during the cast time of SoC will at some point be higher than the damage required to detonate.

i think. again, i just know that in the beginning of MoP my SoC never detonated in time, and now it does almost always

I guess its not about the ilevel but how much mastery (and then iin lesser measure -Haste and crit) u need to make the SoC explodes within the ~2 sec window in between each seed cast.

You're better off tab targeting unless u're SoC bombing a +damage debuffed target (elegon, windlord and so on).

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing that pops SoC on certain targets is usually damage taken debuffs in combination with fully charged DoTs and Haunt. If you have a primary target that needs more damage during the AE that is not incredibly urgent, you can stick with 1 target if it isn't worth multidotting, by casting something inbetween normal SoC. So SB:SS, SoC, SB:SoC (seperate debuff), SoC (DoTs will have triggered the one from 2 casts back when it lands), and from that point onwards cast either Agony>UA>Haunt>1/2 ticks of Malefic Grasp, followed by an SoC after every cast.

Due to the SB:SoC bug you might want to not follow up the SB:SoC right after a normal SoC this far in btw, otherwise it simply eats your Soul Shard and cancels the SoC cast (at least that's how the bug manifests for me usually :/)
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Szemere View Post
    Due to the SB:SoC bug you might want to not follow up the SB:SoC right after a normal SoC this far in btw, otherwise it simply eats your Soul Shard and cancels the SoC cast (at least that's how the bug manifests for me usually :/)
    My experience with that bug, is that it just shortens the cast time of SoC, making it almost instant cast. Atleast the times ive seen it happend, the targets still get corruption on them when it blows up.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    yes but i beleive your dots scale with SP faster than SoC does, so the damage your dots do during the cast time of SoC will at some point be higher than the damage required to detonate.
    i think. again, i just know that in the beginning of MoP my SoC never detonated in time, and now it does almost always
    The damage needed to detonate scales with spellpower, and it scales so much that the number of ticks it takes to detonate SoC and 490ilvl is that same as the number of ticks it takes to detonate a SoC at 510ilvl, and so on.

SoC detonation requirement was changed during 5.05 IIRC.

Deleted

in my experience this has only been the case on Elegon and similar damage increasing fights which warrant aoe

Optimal Affliction aoe is keeping Agony ticking at 10 stacks on all mobs, and keeping corruption up through sb:soc while getting soc in where possible.

Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ronic/advanced
    Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/xyronic (Tues-Thurs 7:00 - 11:30 and 12:30 - 3:30 cst)

On Wind Lord normal, with 6 targets up at the start, should I keep agony up on everything, or just spam SoC? How should I dump shards? SB: SS or Haunt?

Deleted
    SB:SoC and SoC can be on the same target at the same time, so you could alternate between the two if you insist on spamming 1 target. I SB:SoC then SoC and then I tab-target-SoC spam tossing in the occasional SB:SoC and/or SB:SS.

Tab target seed or keep haunt up on the seed target for it to detonate quickly if you have enough shards.

I typically SB:SoC then SoC then tab target and repeat until all shards are gone then pop Harvest Life and it gets me about 250k on trash in HoF. ilvl is currently at 486 for reference due to ilvl scaling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlane01 View Post
    I typically SB:SoC then SoC then tab target and repeat until all shards are gone then pop Harvest Life and it gets me about 250k on trash in HoF. ilvl is currently at 486 for reference due to ilvl scaling.
    There are too many factors to put numbers on it. How many mobs are those and for how long were they up? Did you pop COE on them? Did corruption get to tick for the full duration? How do you lose shards by tab targetting? Are you tab SB:SSing?