Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Dreadlord Prancing Minstrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hertfordshire, UK
    Posts
    796
    Quote Originally Posted by Satanous View Post
    No thanks, the killed my druid with a fourth spec don't wish that on others.
    Is it even worth asking for an explanation?

    Pure classes going away is something I'm all for, you really have to be into a classes play style to choose something with one option over something with 2/3.

  2. #22
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    speedrunslive.com
    Posts
    18,020
    1 reason why it won't be.


    I dare you to find a non-DPS spec for mages. Seeing as they all just DPS as frost anyway.

  3. #23
    Legendary! Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    6,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I enjoyed that video. He makes a lot of great points. My argument was more along the lines of what purpose do they have in modern WoW? The only thing you can really say at this point is that people like to play 3 DPS specs. The 4th spec concept doesn't change that, and like the guy said in the video, it avoids the problem that occurred when Blizzard turned Blood DKs into the tank spec and ticked off a lot of former Blood DPS users.

    That could also explain why Blizzard was hesitant with making Demonology a tanking spec in MoP. There is certainly a demand for it though, and again 4th spec would satisfy both camps.
    People who play pure classes because they like to DPS might be pushed into playing the new heal spec or tank spec, should the 4th spec be that. And the best case scenario for someone who likes to only DPS is that he doesn't get anything out of the new spec. Saying that nothing changes for them is not entirely true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince McMahon
    Puke is good. Puke is nice. It fits the WWF Attitude.

  4. #24
    Immortal Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    7,933
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    1 reason why it won't be.


    I dare you to find a non-DPS spec for mages. Seeing as they all just DPS as frost anyway.

    Mage

    Time/Chrono/Temporal: A healing spec that allows Mages to heal targets utilizing Time Magic.

    :::Sample Abilities:::

    +Temporal Shield: Envelops a target in a temporal shield for 6 sec. Damage taken while shielded will be healed back over 8 secs. Can be cast on multiple targets.

    +Slow Time: Envelops a 10 yard area in a field of slower time. Enemy projectiles and enemies caught in the field are slowed. Any damage taken by an ally target is spread over time. Damage over Time is reduced and spread over a much longer period of time.

    +Expansion: Converts DoTs into HoTs. In addition, extends the duration and intensity of beneficial healing over time abilities and shields.

    +Wormhole: Teleports a target to your location, healing them and purging them of negative magical effects in the process.

    +Temporal Reset: Instantly refreshes a target's cooldowns.

    Justification: Mages already possess time abilities, and there really is no other DPS route available to them. A healing tree would also go a long way towards diversifying the class without losing their unique flavor.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-02 at 07:18 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    People who play pure classes because they like to DPS might be pushed into playing the new heal spec or tank spec, should the 4th spec be that. And the best case scenario for someone who likes to only DPS is that he doesn't get anything out of the new spec. Saying that nothing changes for them is not entirely true.
    Didn't you watch the video that you posted? If what you say actually occurred, guilds wouldn't bring pure DPS into groups in the current game. Since that isn't the case, it stands to reason that that scenario isn't going to happen just because a Mage player suddenly has an additional healing spec.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2013-03-02 at 08:01 PM.

  5. #25
    The only reason Monk numbers are so low is because leveling from 1-90 is an extreme bitch, even with the helpful exp boost dailies. This is unlike DKs, which started at 55 and were almost guaranteed to be 58 and ready to jump into Outland once they got through their mini level area, meaning you only had to wade through 12 levels of old content before you can start the new stuff. Mind you, I rolled a monk and leveled it to 90 once MoP went live over another 85, and while I don't regret it as I love my monk, I also missed out on a lot of the initial raiding with my guild since they took only those that were ready within a week or two; perhaps that was also a concern with any raiders not wanting to miss out on the initial grouping or to slow down other members. So yeah...if Monks were a "hero" class that started at say level 70 or so over having to start fresh, I think you'd see a similar phenomenon with DKs where everyone rolls one since the leveling gap isn't so daunting. As for the lack of people playing the Panda race...well, $25 is a lot of money just to look new, and again the whole leveling a toon from 1-90 is a bitch. Plus they don't have that innate "cool" factor like Worgen or Goblins did, since half the population probably assumes "lol kung fu panda joke" and stops there instead of looking at how Pandas have been in Warcraft since before WoW.

  6. #26
    Justification: Mages already possess time abilities, and there really is no other DPS route available to them. A healing tree would also go a long way towards diversifying the class without losing their unique flavor.
    Blood Mage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

  7. #27
    Legendary! Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    6,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Didn't you watch the video that you posted? If what you say actually occurred, guilds wouldn't bring pure DPS into groups in the current game. Since that isn't the case, it stands to reason that that scenario isn't going to happen just because a Mage player suddenly has an additional healing spec.
    I'm not saying no one would bring pure classes, I'm saying they might be pushed to change spec to perform a role they dont want to. And thats not just speculation, this is exactly how it goes with hybrid classes and it's always been like this and it's always bothered me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince McMahon
    Puke is good. Puke is nice. It fits the WWF Attitude.

  8. #28
    Immortal Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    7,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaoslux View Post
    Blood Mage.
    Which is pretty much a Fire Mage.

  9. #29
    never happen.

    example:
    if they add a 4th spec to mages, lets call it the timeboomlaserdestruction mage spec, but fire makes 4% more dmg in pve, noone would play the new spec.

    you can put this example on every other class.

    and what would hybrid classes get? at the end its not importent because every class would use the spec which is the strongest atm.

  10. #30
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    282
    They can barely balance the 30+ spec we're having as of now, adding 10 new ones for the heck of it would be silly. Just refine and brush up on the current ones.

    Quality>Quantity.

  11. #31
    Bloodsail Admiral Aven Ballantyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    1,197
    11 classes, so 11 new specs, which would be equivalent to almost 4 new classes....thats a lot of design work for an expansion...so I don't see that happening.

  12. #32
    Immortal Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    7,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightflare View Post
    never happen.

    example:
    if they add a 4th spec to mages, lets call it the timeboomlaserdestruction mage, but fire makes 4% more dmg in pve, noone would play the new spec.
    Which is why I advocate for every pure spec to get a healing or tanking spec. No point in a class having 4 DPS specs.


    and what would hybrid classes get? at the end its not importent because every class would use the spec which is the strongest atm.
    Shaman: Tanking spec
    Paladins: Ranged DPS caster spec.
    Monks: Ranged DPS caster spec.
    Death Knights: Ranger DPS caster spec.
    Warriors: Melee DPS or 2H tanking spec.
    Priests: DPS spec
    Druids: Already have one.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-02 at 07:50 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Aveyai View Post
    11 classes, so 11 new specs, which would be equivalent to almost 4 new classes....thats a lot of design work for an expansion...so I don't see that happening.
    Actually 10 new specs, not 11. One class already has a fourth spec.

    You think designing 10 new specs is more work than say.. redesigning the entire old world and giving it new questlines from level 1-85 for every zone, faction, and race? Keep in mind, any new spec will carry some of the abilities from the old class, so it wouldn't be quite like making a new class from scratch. You already have the design basis for the new spec in place.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2013-03-02 at 07:52 PM.

  13. #33
    4th spec to all classes not going to happen. Ever.
    The reasons are so obvious and were mentioned so many times(even by blizzard employees) that its pointless to discuss it again.

  14. #34
    Immortal Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    7,933
    Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    4th spec to all classes not going to happen. Ever.
    The reasons are so obvious and were mentioned so many times(even by blizzard employees) that its pointless to discuss it again.
    Would you happen to have links to these reasons provided by Blizzard employees?

  15. #35
    Would be considerably interesting.

    Death Knight - I really haven't a clue how to give DKs a fourth spec..

    Druid - Already covered with Guardian

    Hunter - Strider Spec; a 2H or DW ,melee spec that has a focus on traps and pets attacking from behind, perhaps offering some sort of new "flanking" bonus where you and your pet gain benefits if one of you attacks from behind.

    Mage - Epoch Mage; A DPS spec that dabbles with time magics, which can slow or displace enemies, revert damage and debuff effects, etc.

    Monk - Thunderforge Spec; A ranged DPS spec that utilizes Crackling Jade Lightning as its main attack while using Chi to utilize powerful ranged spell. Effectively a playstyle between Windwalker and Mistweaver.

    Paladin - Shockadin, of course.

    Priest - Unknown name, but a holy damage dealer that can also help mitigate damage through cooldowns.

    Rogue - A ranged DPS spec that plays a cross between hunter and affliction warlock, using energy as a resource to attack with ranged attacks, deliver poisons and uses combo points to deal large burst damage or inflict powerful poison DoT(s)

    Shaman - Earthguard Spec; a 2H tanking spec that plays similar to Blood Death Knight but mitigates more like a Guardian Druid, focusing more on damage reduction instead of healing, but using elementals to help with AoE threat and Water Elementals for self healing.

    Warlock - Apotheosis Spec; taking the Glyph and making it into a full tank spec by increasing armor from cloth items and increasing threat generated by spells, while using pets to provide a small DPS increase and utility.

    Warrior - Blademaster Spec, similar to the Blademaster Orcs.

  16. #36
    Teriz, do you just sit on MMO -C forums and post different ways to add either a new class or new specs to the game?

    This game doesn't need more classes or specs. It needs more balance. For proof of this, check the ever changing patch notes for this coming patch.

  17. #37
    Warchief Adramalech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,135
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Would you happen to have links to these reasons provided by Blizzard employees?
    Although I don't recall Blizzard talking about that, good reasons have already been presented in this thread. I'm not gonna say it's never gonna happen, because I don't know the future, but I'll say that they'll have a damn nightmare on their hands if they do add fourth specs for all classes, not to mention that fourth specs are not, in my opinion, an attractive expansion selling point at all. Not even compared with a new race, which is more cosmetic than anything else (disregarding racials, because people who care enough about their performance will race change to whatever is best, regardless of if it's a new race or a 10 year old one).

    I'd say it's possible they'll gradually add fourth specs to classes they feel that need one, but I strongly doubt they'll add one for every class as an expansion feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

  18. #38
    Stood in the Fire BlahBlahFrigginBlah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Deep inside the power core.
    Posts
    483
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    2.Any new race or class addition would eclipse the additions from MoP.
    i'll reply to this part alone, EVERY expansion has added new races and classes

    BC: dreani/blood elves. each faction now had shaman/pala
    Wrath: DK, no race but the class itself was a race of its own.
    Cata: goblin/worgen.

    in addition each expansion brought new professions
    what makes MOP so special that they cant create a new class/race for upcoming content???

  19. #39
    Reason #-1 why there will be another class: 1 more class using MAIL / RANGED weapon to complete 12

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post

    3. Lack of new races that can be sensibly implemented into the game.

    Let's face it, there just isn't many choices left in terms of a future WoW race. I've seen some people suggest Ogres and Nagas. Honestly though, those options simply aren't realistic beyond fanboy fantasies. Most race suggestions come with loads of problems, both in terms of gameplay and lore itself. Blood Elves, Draenei, Goblins, Worgens, and Pandaren were all OBVIOUS future races for the game. There simply are no other races that are on that level of popularity or inevitability. Blizzard could just make something up, but seriously, who would really want to play something that Blizzard just pulled out of its butt for the sake of an expansion?
    I would disagree with your reasons for this. First Ogres are more obvious additions to the races than a lot of the ones we have now. Worgen is probably the most random race they could have added. Both ogres and naga were played(and visible as units) before WoW unlike Draenei and Gnomes. So the reason we wont get a new race is more likely related to the new character models. Since they are taking a lot of time to make they wont have time to make an all new set for a new race.

    4. 4th specs fill holes so that we don't need new classes that overlap with existing classes!
    I agree that 4th specs are enough to implement classes we dont have yet like demon hunter and warden and berserker but warden should be a rogue spec. Ranger should be the 4th hunter spec.

    5. The end of the pure classes.
    I dont want to see all the pure classes go and there isnt a whole lot of reasonable situations where they would. Mage is really the only class that could be a healer and pet tanking in raids or dungeons is just a bad idea. Keep the pures pure it makes them different.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •