Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I love this idea, and think it should go forward. I've read this thread and the reasons against it are far from anything that can be called a negative. Just what you believe Blizzard is either a) unwilling or b) unable to do.

I've advocated for this myself. More specs and less classes.

Also, I do not believe that they would implement them all in one expansion, but over a few.

Add 3 in 1 3 in another and 4 in the last. Or perhaps over a whole expansion.
    Last edited by Anprionsa; 2013-03-03 at 04:25 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    4th spec to all classes not going to happen. Ever.
    The reasons are so obvious and were mentioned so many times(even by blizzard employees) that its pointless to discuss it again.
    Cross-Faction paladins and shaman will never happen.
    Race-Changing will never happen.
    Faction-Changing will never happen.
    Selling in-game items will never happen.
    Cross-Realm grouping will never happen.
    Transmogrification will never happen.

Oh, what? Sorry. I was just making a list of things that would never happen and were advocated so by developers, but did. How are you tonight?

10+ Year Old Account
    I take back my support for a Time Mage spec, in favor of a Sha Mage. It was suggested a Sha infused warlock, but even though it is a dark energy, its not demonic. It seems more like a counter part to arcane (intellect vs emotion) and could be how you could have a tanking mage, ie Sha form...like the demonology DA. Really I could care less what type of class it would be (tank, ranged, melee) but I think the spell effects of the black and white could make some really nifty looking spells. Plus beating someone with your new Sha-claw hand could be sweet, AND we could even say that something good came out of Garrosh's tinkering with controlling the Sha (yay horde do something good).

I understand where people are coming from with this kind of stuff, but I must say I don't agree it makes sense or that we need 4 specs, we don't.

First of all, this will give 10 more specs for Blizzard to try and balance between pve and pvp, since druids already have a fourth. That won't go over too well as I think we all know.

Second, if they are going to take the time to come up with a whole ten new specs, I would much rather them spend that time to expand and refine the current classes with new stuff that kind of makes each spec/class feel a bit different, kind of like what they did to locks for MoP. Additionally, there are some classes that have lots of utility, like pallies, hunters, and locks, while there are others that often lack it and could use more to add depth to the class and make people want to play it/bring it to the raid, and most notably atm that class would be the shaman. Case in point, make more exciting stuff for existing classes, make certain specs more fun to play by adding some depth, etc.

Third there are 34 specs in the game, and at that, a good portion of players don't know how to play one spec of one class well. Of the 34 specs, 5 are tanking, 6 are healing, and 23 are dps. That's a lot of playstyle options right there, and the more specs you add, the less interesting and unique current ones are going to be.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2013-03-03 at 04:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ok but there needs to be one more spell plate user besides the stupid holy paladins. Is that so much to ask? ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by HeroZero View Post
    I take back my support for a Time Mage spec, in favor of a Sha Mage. It was suggested a Sha infused warlock, but even though it is a dark energy, its not demonic. It seems more like a counter part to arcane (intellect vs emotion) and could be how you could have a tanking mage, ie Sha form...like the demonology DA. Really I could care less what type of class it would be (tank, ranged, melee) but I think the spell effects of the black and white could make some really nifty looking spells. Plus beating someone with your new Sha-claw hand could be sweet, AND we could even say that something good came out of Garrosh's tinkering with controlling the Sha (yay horde do something good).
    How about Sha Priest with Sha form? Mage would be cool too but Im a little against giving something this cool to mages because they are always getting some of the best stuff and are perpetually OP. Priests are about worshiping gods, Sha used to be gods, lore backstory set. Either way it would be cool.

They should only add Tank & Healing specs if they are going to do this. That's what we need.

Quote Originally Posted by HeroZero View Post
    ok but there needs to be one more spell plate user besides the stupid holy paladins. Is that so much to ask? ^_^
    4th DK spec says hi.

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    Ithere are 34 specs in the game, and at that, a good portion of players don't know how to play one spec of one class well. Of the 34 specs, 5 are tanking, 6 are healing, and 23 are dps. That's a lot of playstyle options right there, and the more specs you add, the less interesting and unique current ones are going to be.
    And none of them are physical ranged dps without a pet. They could fix this by changing an existing spec but its unlikely. Its more likely that it would be a monk or warrior 4th spec or part of a DH class. It might be hard to come up with 10 class unique specs but they could at least do the obvious ones. It could also allow for more class diversity since you could split up the abilities between 4 specs instead of just 3.
    Last edited by Prokne; 2013-03-03 at 05:04 AM.

Another spec just seems stupid in my opinion. I play a pure dps class because I don't want to be forced to play an offspec role I don't enjoy. If they make every class hybrid it's just going to piss off the people that have played pures for years.

3 specs or shit ton of specs......

4th spec is never going to happen or if it does it wont be all at once since the work would be about the same as making multiple expansions worth of content. the only reasons druids got a 4th spec is because they already had a 4th spec
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    Another spec just seems stupid in my opinion. I play a pure dps class because I don't want to be forced to play an offspec role I don't enjoy. If they make every class hybrid it's just going to piss off the people that have played pures for years.
    Um... then don't play that roll? I don't understand this... I have never played a roll I don't want to play. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhozul View Post

Oh, what? Sorry. I was just making a list of things that would never happen and were advocated so by developers, but did. How are you tonight?
    #5 is the only one that wasin anyway difficult to do the other ones basically came down to "we can do these things but we dont want to because we dont think they fit" eventually their idea of what did and didnt fit changed.

your argument really falls apart when you realize how fucking easy most of those things you listed are wheras 4th specs would be a huge amount of work and would require both new art assets, new spells and mechanics at a much higher amount then simply adding a new class or race would
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Rhozul View Post

Blizz also stated after the Monk was revealed for Diablo 3, thats there would NOT be a monk class in the next WoW expansion.....stating it would be too similar to D3.

As for a 4th spec.... I tend to think it would be easier to do than a new class. For a new class...you have to create 130+ new spells, then test and balance them all. With a 4th spec you will be utilizing alot of the spells you already have, and creating a few unique spells, with less testing.

Seem simpler to me...
    Maybe someone else has a perspective from this angle.

4th spec --> 10 new specs brought in
    new class --> only 3 specs

Guess which one will be harder to balance / will take a lot more dev time.

Quote Originally Posted by Role Unknown View Post
    Blizz also stated after the Monk was revealed for Diablo 3, thats there would NOT be a monk class in the next WoW expansion.....stating it would be too similar to D3.

As for a 4th spec.... I tend to think it would be easier to do than a new class. For a new class...you have to create 130+ new spells, then test and balance them all. With a 4th spec you will be utilizing alot of the spells you already have, and creating a few unique spells, with less testing.

Seem simpler to me...
    Maybe someone else has a perspective from this angle.
    its not easier. AT ALL. it would be almost as much work as the cata revamp to make all those new specs

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    its not easier. AT ALL. it would be almost as much work as the cata revamp to make all those new specs
    How so....please explain.

A few reasons 4th spec won't happen:

It's already enough of a pain to balance the specs currently in the game.

Not everyone WANTS to be able to fill another role. Some people play a rogue because they'll never be called to tank or heal, same with hunter, same with mage, same with warlock (don't even get me started on the warlock tank glyph) and that *has* to be OK. I bolded this one because it's the reason devs keep coming back to as the bottom line of why they wouldn't add a fourth spec.

The fourth spec for druids was a special case and was ALREADY THERE. They just made it clear cut. This fourth spec people keep dreaming up is new. You're talking apples and oranges. Stop using an apple for justification of why you should be able to have an orange. It makes even less sense than that sentence.

A better way to rekindle interest in an 'old' class is to make them fun to play. See: their current thoughts on where rogues need to go from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Role Unknown View Post
    How so....please explain.
    they have to make art assets for all of those specs, they have to make brand new spells for all of those specs, they have to make lore reasons for all of those specs. they also have to do that for all the other specs to just like every expansion.

Totally agree. Ever since Druids were given a 4th spec, I've also considered it the next logical step. Pures just don't make sense in modern WoW.
    Stabby stab stab.
    Avatar courtesy of Kelly Aarons of woweh.com

Quote Originally Posted by jishdefish View Post
    Totally agree. Ever since Druids were given a 4th spec, I've also considered it the next logical step. Pures just don't make sense in modern WoW.
    but... druids always had a 4th spec...