10+ Year Old Account

Guild Missions sneak peek

http://www.guildwars2hub.com/guides/...guild-missions

SUMMARY

*Guild Missions become available after your guild has upgraded the four categories within the guild panel, to a certain level.

*Guild Missions cost 50,000 Influence to unlock and 200 influence to activate.

*Higher tiered Guild Missions can be purchased with further influence and Merits (awarded from completing Guild Missions.)

*Merits are awarded on a tiered basis and are a natural limiting factor due to how many you can earn in a week, preventing large guilds unlocking all tiers instantly from influence they may have stored.

*2 Commendations are awarded to each individual who completes a guild event and can be traded for items from the new vendor in Lions Arch.

*Further rewards for completing a Guild Mission include two rare items or higher and 50 silver.

*Precursors are part of the reward loot table for completing a Guild Mission.

*Having World Completion is a huge benefit when participating in most of the Guild
    Missions as Waypointing quickly to far flung locations is a must.

*Working together is paramount to successfully completing Guild Missions, as without it you will fail.
    Valar morghulis

Now I wonder how they will reward this, but knowing them it's gonna be RNG based again probably. At least its one more way of obtaining them. Otherwise guild missions look interesting I'll definitely try them out!

50 silver and two rare items or higher for each completion? And precursors is in the loot table? Pretty good rewards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aluano View Post
    50 silver and two rare items or higher for each completion? And precursors is in the loot table? Pretty good rewards.
    I was hoping we'd see precursors in the loot table!
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Scyth View Post

Now I wonder how they will reward this, but knowing them it's gonna be RNG based again probably. At least its one more way of obtaining them. Otherwise guild missions look interesting I'll definitely try them out!
    prolly about as high as getting them from the dragon event chests.

My question would be, which/how many of those rewards are given to outsiders who participate?

Edit: I also assume there's some kind of reward cap or everyone would bounce around doing guild missions all day. Also, what's the time limit on them? Are they daily, weekly?

The way it looks now, if all of that is for guild members only, then basically people in large guilds are going to be rolling in money.
    Last edited by Lane; 2013-02-26 at 02:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    My question would be, which/how many of those rewards are given to outsiders who participate?

Edit: I also assume there's some kind of reward cap or everyone would bounce around doing guild missions all day. Also, what's the time limit on them? Are they daily, weekly?
    Looks like weekly. Since you can join up to 5 guilds, just join up with a guild that has influence and rep them when they do missions
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Looks like weekly. Since you can join up to 5 guilds, just join up with a guild that has influence and rep them when they do missions
    It's 5 now? I thought it was 4. So, there's a hard cap on each individual player then of only being able to do one guild mission a week?

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post

The way it looks now, if all of that is for guild members only, then basically people in large guilds are going to be rolling in money.
    I think that outsiders dont get merits but just the basic rewards and gold. As for larger guilds spamming these well they are basically events and the rewards judging by that Screen shot also cost gold + merits. So rolling in money? yea if you decide to not spend your merits. 50 silver a event is cool but we dont know how long these will take to finish and how easy or hard the will be to complete. With 200 influence a mission i dont think they will be spamming them in the long run but have more organized times of doing these so they can get it right depending on the difficulty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another preview article, this time from Elisabeth Cardy at Massively:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/02...storm-preview/
    Valar morghulis

hopefully, this will make the world much livelier if guilds pop their missions in any zone (including starter/mid zones).

as for the rewards, precursors will probably remain 1 in 10,000 (or more) chance per try i guess, but well, they'll be there i guess so it's still a good thing.

Well, if it's weekly it's not as bad as I thought. I was thinking guilds would be able to basically roll the lotto daily (or even multiple times a day). Two rares with a chance of exotics + possible precursor + 50s (I'm poor enough that's a lot of money!) + tokens to get ascended gear on a daily basis sounded extreme.

well FotM basicaly gives about everything you listed (or more actually) except for the tokens and the precursors which i don't really know if they're in the chests loot table.
    even with very little MF, i don't think i've finished a FotM with less than 3 rares on average, and with some MF, i'm getting an exotic or 2 every few runs (granted they're often account bound)

Rewards seem totally lackluster and unappealing. I thought there was suppose to be some kind of perma buff? May have read that rumor on Reddit though. Not sure what the motivation is for me personally to do these if all I get is money and gear I have no need or use for.

I mean, really. 2 rares? To what? Salvage for money I don't spend on anything but travel while I have collectively hundreds of gold and karma already?

Hope the Reddit rumor is true and there are some kind of long lasting buff-- 300% run speed or something. Would really like better travel options.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-02-26 at 10:43 PM.

Probably something you (your guild) can unlock with the merits

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    We did our first bounties Friday night. The fun part (and somewhat frustrating depending on the NPC) was fun part because the actually fights lasted 30 secs. We only got personal rewards for the first kill, 2 commendations and 2 rares. If your guild is based on a different server and you guest to do a mission with them, you will not get a reward. Actually the amount of influence we gained was probably the biggest plus.

This thread seems out of date now that the patch is live and we have a whole thread for that: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...February-patch

Gonna close this to keep conversation w/r/t the patch in one place.