[TV] The walking dead question (Season 3 semi spoiler)

When they are in the prison,using it as a "safe"house.

And you see all the zombies outside the fence,why do they not kill them all (as they are all walking up against the fence trying to eat them)?

no need to use bullets, just a rod of some sort as they did in one of the episodes.

I really like this show,but how they do not come up with this idea is beyond me

If you mean recently, they probably don't want to be exposed to the governer sniping them, but other than that i don't know.

Deleted
    Because all the extras would have to go home and the make up artists would have nothing to do with themselves. But honestly. I think given the fact people are going to and from the prison pretty regularly recently that more would just come along, waste of time and energy. Plus you could consider them an early alarm system if you're on watch and suddenly one starts going off after something, look at where the zombie is moving, report to group etc. Or the writers just didn't think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alberichs View Post
    Because all the extras would have to go home and the make up artists would have nothing to do with themselves. But honestly. I think given the fact people are going to and from the prison pretty regularly recently that more would just come along, waste of time and energy. Plus you could consider them an early alarm system if you're on watch and suddenly one starts going off after something, look at where the zombie is moving, report to group etc. Or the writers just didn't think about it.
    It really is... It's not like the ones over there will be killed and the place will be safe. They made it clear that the "walkers" are everywhere - roads, forests, bridges etc etc. Other than that, it's not like those are always the same ones, they come and go!

10+ Year Old Account
    It deters other survivors from trying to get into the prison.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

they were healthy when they cleared the yard the first time, they aren't so much now, probably around 50%, they need to collect themselves and gather equipment like what they are going to do in the new episode tonight

They were afraid of the Governor's snipers, since a sniper killed Axel totally unexpected (why did he have to die ?).

What I don't get is why they don't just leave the prison. It is way too dangerous to be staying there

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bjarnespz View Post
    When they are in the prison,using it as a "safe"house.

And you see all the zombies outside the fence,why do they not kill them all (as they are all walking up against the fence trying to eat them)?

no need to use bullets, just a rod of some sort as they did in one of the episodes.

I really like this show,but how they do not come up with this idea is beyond me
    They actually explain that they use the walkers outside for protection in the comics. The show most likely didn't go into it and yes they haven't recleared the walkers that the governor put in there as far as we know.

because this show doesn't use logic
    a man with a fence and a metal pipe could rid the world of the zombie apocalypse if he is patient enough

Quote Originally Posted by Lassira View Post
    because this show doesn't use logic
    a man with a fence and a metal pipe could rid the world of the zombie apocalypse if he is patient enough
    Someone comes along and rips the fence down and shoots the guy in the head. That is what this show is about, while the walkers are dangerous the people are worse.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    It deters other survivors from trying to get into the prison.
    I agree. It also is probably never ending. You spend all day killing them all and after a long day of zombie-killing, you go to sleep and wake up with MORE ZOMBIES.
    Probably not worth the time and effort.

Deleted
    This will never end lol