Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

5.2 release Tuesday, March 5th * Confirmed*

So on Friday Greg and Ion had an interview with Gamebreaker.

Interview can be found here.

If you skip ahead to 15:55 and listen you will notice that Ion does leak the release for Tuesday and saying I quote.
    "I am sure we will see them in this coming week running in there with raid of half main half alts"

Huge leak on his part he does studder, so I think he got the go ahead to say it I am surprised that the interviewees didn't pick up on it and ask immediately after.
    So I guess we should all prepare for patch Tuesday.

I noticed that as well and was surprised nobody else had.
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    when I go to the carnival and drop 5 bucks on a -game- I don't bitch when I don't win the stuffed bear

Somebody didnt know it already? It was said years ago that it was 5th march (hint - pvp season, as always).

10+ Year Old Account
    i had already set myself up for the 5th, when they said we would have time to valor cap. so im not surprised.. but *squeeeeee*
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, I'm not ready still need some things from H Sha!

Deleted
    Awesome. Are we sure though ?

Everybody is expecting that its gona come March 5th, still it hasnt been oficialy anounced yet and its freaking Saturday they shouldve anounced it already, just make it oficial Blizz my raid team wants to plan how we gona tackle next week and not oficialy knowing if were gona have a new patch or not is not helpping one bit.

Too bad I ended up not having enought time for Heroic Shek Zeer, and we were making such great progress on her, o well my raid team raids like 8 hours a week tops I cant be sad about 11 heroics on such a short schedule, specialy considering we started like 2 months after the tier had begun, time to try our best on ToT I guess, bring on The Thunder King, were ready !!!

during the interview, in chat:

Mod Zarhym: Yes, the plan is to release patch 5.2 this Tuesday. A final "go / no go" meeting will take place later this afternoon to make sure we're ready!

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    Everybody is expecting that its gona come March 5th, still it hasnt been oficialy anounced yet and its freaking Saturday they shouldve anounced it already, just make it oficial Blizz my raid team wants to plan how we gona tackle next week and not oficialy knowing if were gona have a new patch or not is not helpping one bit.

Too bad I ended up not having enought time for Heroic Shek Zeer, and we were making such great progress on her, o well my raid team raids like 8 hours a week tops I cant be sad about 11 heroics on such a short schedule, specialy considering we started like 2 months after the tier had begun, time to try our best on ToT I guess, bring on The Thunder King, were ready !!!
    They've never officially announced a major content patch more than one day before
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    They've never officially announced a major content patch more than one day before
    And ppl complained everytime. It would be alot better if they adopted a model of finishing the patch and them instead of anouncing it for the next possible patch day anounce it for 1 week later os everyone has time to properly prepare for the new patch. Not that I havent prepared, I have cause Im expecting this to hit March 5th for a long time now, however theres quite a bit of WoW players that dont even know MMO Champions exist (specialy the more casual ones) oficialy anouncing the thing with some distance from the release day would make everyone happy.

Clearly they push/rush this from a business point of view because SC2 expansion comes out next week and I guess they don't want them to land at the same time.

But all in all its TERRIBLE planning on a higher level, I personally won't buy the SC2 expansion cause there is a WoW raid patch at the same time, If they had been a month or even 2 apart I would have.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    But all in all its TERRIBLE planning on a higher level, I personally won't buy the SC2 expansion cause there is a WoW raid patch at the same time, If they had been a month or even 2 apart I would have.
    What's stopping you from buying it later?

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Awesome. Are we sure though ?
    He wouldn't have said it if he wasn't sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice, hoping it's a good patch and brings a lot of PvP balance to the table. It sucks when you can't raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    What's stopping you from buying it later?
    I might snatch it on sale in half a year, and that again proves my point. TERRIBLE business decision.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

... they are releasing it already? Wow... there's still a few glaring things they need to fix... oh well guess it is time to un-sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaraza View Post
    ... they are releasing it already? Wow... there's still a few glaring things they need to fix... oh well guess it is time to un-sub.
    What?

Elaborate, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    And i'm sure all of us will be missing you!

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally won't buy the SC2 expansion cause there is a WoW raid patch at the same time, If they had been a month or even 2 apart I would have.
    What does it matter? It's not like SC II has a sub fee attached to it and must be played. oO

When they release it too late, people cry, when they release it too late people cry. Do people need to whine to feel good?