Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Pinatas, pinatas, pinatas everywhere!

So what have you seen drop from the Pinatas this year? I have not farmed as much as I thought I would - but in the little I have:

3x Gil (pet)
    1x Shadetouched hound (pet)
    1x Blue-shelled crab (pet)

Guildies have told me they have gotten a bunch the of previous event's clothing, the winter holiday ones. One guy was spamming chat saying he got the murdantix mount (from HK chronical) - but he was called out for lying.

Anyone get anything cool to share?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've mainly gotten costume items so far but I haven't been farming as much yet. I'll probably go all out tomorrow and the rest of the week before Thursday .
    Rift Scene - Still the best Rift fansite.
    Cupcakey 5/5 EE, 4/4 FT

Deleted
    many costumes from previous events and pets! nice way for new players to get them

Hmmmm, I shall have to investigate farming these for appearance gear and pets.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got a Shadetouched Scarab pet and one of the Christmas costumes, lol.
    BAD WOLF

More people trolling last night saying mounts drop from them as well. I feel this is a lie, but who knows...
    Can anyone confirm a mount drop from a Pinata?

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't confirm mounts, but I got another epic cosmetic on use item from the pinata, an epic pet and another epic on use item from the scratch off. Could be possible that mounts are in there as well.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    I got the pet "Rudy" from my first piñata, I believe it's a pet from the Christmas event

15+ Year Old Account
    ive gotten a couple of the pets from the scratch card, though the pets i got, I already own. and i got a few cosmetic hats from previous events.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anyone reads this, can they tell me if these awfully dull repeatable games are the only way to get their currency? I was expecting something much more exciting, but I want to make sure I'll still be able to afford some of the Fluffy pets without standing in a raid group breaking my space bar. Did the later stages reward more tickets at larger amounts or is this it?

I understand more 'things' are coming, but I'm specifically worried about the certain types of currencies.
    BAD WOLF

Well, I have found a few other ways.. but nothing is really any good - join a raid group jump on the balloons does seem the fastest most efficient way to farm them.
    1) Winning a WF rewards you 5 tickets.
    2) Collecing glass beads as they can be exchanged 50 beads for 1 ticket.
    3) You can get a "free" fluffy pet with a crucia balloon by completing the pvp "wheel of fate" achevements.

I was kinda expecting fun as well, but was sadly disappointed. What really gets me is the mounts. You just have to finish a weekly for 3 weeks to get them - that is so easy it's stupid. Not that I want them incredibly hard to get - or worse yet a 1% RNG drop like our friends at Blizz love to do, but this is soo easy it really deflats their prestiege or value to me.... I will still get them though, hehe.
    Last edited by slime; 2013-03-10 at 06:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    What really gets me is the mounts. You just have to finish a weekly for 3 weeks to get them - that is so easy it's stupid. Not that I want them incredibly hard to get - or worse yet a 1% RNG drop like our friends at Blizz love to do, but this is soo easy it really deflats their prestiege or value to me.... I will still get them though, hehe.
    Made easier over time.. People complained about the low drop rate from earlier events (ROS, Waves of Madness) so then they tried out the "eggs" to level up your mounts. People complained about that. So they changed them so you can farm for the plain currency to buy the mount. People complained about that.

So now they're just easy quests with a forced timeline to earn the mount. I'd rather spent a few hours farming Rifts for the basic currency to buy the mount. That was when I think events were the best. So many people would be out doing Rifts and footholds.
    Cupcakey 5/5 EE, 4/4 FT

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    2) Collecing glass beads as they can be exchanged 50 beads for 1 ticket.
    This would be awesome for me to get out in the world if the conversion rate wasn't so low. I can spend 10 seconds in a raid group or 3 minutes soloing a ridiculous overpowered balloon. There's really no choice.

Thanks for the feedback though...I guess I was building this up too much after having a really good time doing Fae Yule and hearing so many great things about the Carnival Event...I thought it would give me a lot of ways to farm currency and whatnot. I hate to say this, but even the Dark Moon Faire has more variety and requires more personal input.

Honestly a little sad about this...

---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 05:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcaek View Post
    So now they're just easy quests with a forced timeline to earn the mount. I'd rather spent a few hours farming Rifts for the basic currency to buy the mount. That was when I think events were the best. So many people would be out doing Rifts and footholds.
    I would prefer that as well. Let you go with your guild to smash out some hunt rifts while earning currency for mounts and pets for the Carnival. Even adding special rifts you could only summon during this time would've been awesome.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    This would be awesome for me to get out in the world if the conversion rate wasn't so low. I can spend 10 seconds in a raid group or 3 minutes soloing a ridiculous overpowered balloon. There's really no choice.

Thanks for the feedback though...I guess I was building this up too much after having a really good time doing Fae Yule and hearing so many great things about the Carnival Event...I thought it would give me a lot of ways to farm currency and whatnot. I hate to say this, but even the Dark Moon Faire has more variety and requires more personal input.

Honestly a little sad about this...

---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 05:25 PM ----------

I would prefer that as well. Let you go with your guild to smash out some hunt rifts while earning currency for mounts and pets for the Carnival. Even adding special rifts you could only summon during this time would've been awesome.
    mentor down. and go to a low level zone. Gloamwood for example and u will be able to 5 shot the pinatas.
    Also have to say how exciting i am with the new rewards. Angry fluffy is red and looks awesome.Pinatas dimension floats are huge and awesome! have to get them all

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    These are the events I miss the most... I would party up with so many guildies and random people to work together to farm Rifts for currency. I don't even want to know how many hours I spent farming for the old mounts (Ash Strider, Mossy Tartagon and the Vaiyuu) during their events. My guildies and I would compete to see who could get the shard first on it.

I haven't really spent as much time on the last few events because they really strayed. I think Autumn Harvest was the only one post ID event that I farmed for the rtifact potions. Filled up three guild bank tabs of artifacts in that time period. I'm still trying to sell all of those blues XD.
    Cupcakey 5/5 EE, 4/4 FT

Deleted
    whoa, got a "Dusty Treasure Hunter's Satchel" (24-slot bag) last night from a piñata on Eastern Holdings :O didn't know it was even one of the possible drops :O

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Trion posted a picture of a Nebula-looking horse mount on their Facebook, how do you get it? :O

From the Carnival no doubt... but the mount nerd in me has a desire to come get it, I love Nebula and I love this. ;o
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    That is Aurora the new mount this year, looks a bit like Nebula except it has a storm raging inside it where Nebula has a starfield and Nebulae

It's easy to get, simply do the weekly quest at the Carnival which for two weeks has been complete 50 Carnival games, that gives you an Auroral Doubloon coin of which you need 3 to buy a mount

If you need to buy all the 3 mounts, Aurora, Nebula and Tindrel you will have to have 2 alts also do the weeklies, the mounts are Bind to Account so an alt can buy each of the missing mounts and mail them to your main

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have the two from last year, but how quickly can I get 3 coins?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    how quickly can I get 3 coins?
    Let's see..... mount costs 3 Doubloons, which you only get one per weekly quest so...(inputs into Intel's Big Blue)..... three weeks !! or if you've done the weeklies so far, next Wednesday when weeklies reset