Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
... LastLast
  1. #101
    I Do NOT want to " show the propper respect " all over again! :-(

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    And where is that tech already in the game? it isn´t. This is Blizzard we are talking about.. they are going to re-use and beat the crap out of their new tech.. which was for challenge modes and BGs. They are going to scale US down to the appropriate level... the tech is already in the game. Plus, if they go through and scale every boss up to lvl 90... what happens 6 months after the patch when we get the new expansion and everyone is 95.. you think they are going to go back through and redo every raid to make it 95? It is much smarter if they use the current tech to level us down to 60 for MC.. that way it will ALWAYS be available without any work on their part.
    If they have the tech to Scale down a reversal method wouldn't be too hard also like i said it could scale with each xpac and item lvl of previous tier.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    I have to take my hat off to Blizzard. They are going come up with a way to re-hash old content and people are actually going to thank them for it. They should put the vast piles of cash they make from this game into new content.
    When they announced challenge modes for this expansion.. the forums were flooded with posts about ´can you do that for old content, it would be great to run vanilla raids at the appropriate level´. What happens with jadded people like yourself, is you see it as rehashed content... while I would venture almost all of the current wow players NEVER ran vanilla raids at the correct level. It is the same thing with ZG when they brought it back. Very few players ever experienced it.

    As far as the other rehashed material.. like SFK and DM... yeah.. it was so lame of Blizzard to use the exact same bosses and boss mechanisms... I mean.. fighting Vanessa in Cata was exactly like fighting her in Vanilla.... And Scarlet Monestary.. ... exactly how I remebered it from Vanilla.... pfft.. the only thing the same of those dungeons is the name and the location on the map.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    When they announced challenge modes for this expansion.. the forums were flooded with posts about ´can you do that for old content, it would be great to run vanilla raids at the appropriate level´. What happens with jadded people like yourself, is you see it as rehashed content... while I would venture almost all of the current wow players NEVER ran vanilla raids at the correct level. It is the same thing with ZG when they brought it back. Very few players ever experienced it.

    As far as the other rehashed material.. like SFK and DM... yeah.. it was so lame of Blizzard to use the exact same bosses and boss mechanisms... I mean.. fighting Vanessa in Cata was exactly like fighting her in Vanilla.... And Scarlet Monestary.. ... exactly how I remebered it from Vanilla.... pfft.. the only thing the same of those dungeons is the name and the location on the map.
    I wonder if they do scale down if the mount's will have the old drop rate and/or be back in game like zg tiger.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

  5. #105
    To be honest, I can't really say grouping up for old content through LFR is a new feature. If they actually add it and call it ''the new unannounced feature for MoP'' I will just /golfclap all the way to the other side of the earth.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    If they have the tech to Scale down a reversal method wouldn't be too hard also like i said it could scale with each xpac and item lvl of previous tier.
    I think the devs are not going to open a can of worms with regards to progression and where the new ´90 raids´ will fit in. I think it will just be downscaling and the reward will be the transmorg gear from the dungeon.. that is all. GC already said it was a minor feature that most players won´t be incredibly excited about.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-11 at 05:17 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Klavier Gavin View Post
    To be honest, I can't really say grouping up for old content through LFR is a new feature. If they actually add it and call it ''the new unannounced feature for MoP'' I will just /golfclap all the way to the other side of the earth.
    Being able to scale an entire raid down to the appropriate level to do an old raid is not a feature?

  7. #107
    Herald of the Titans Adramalech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,561
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    But it wasn´t hyped at all!!!!! GC mentioned it one time in a very quick tweet, and then 2 or 3 devs were asked about it quickly in interviews. In fact, GC even said in his initial tweet that ´ a lot of people will say ´´meh....that´s it?´. The hype and discussion has all been on fansites, not from the actual devs. As far as I know, it was just one quick comment from GC about a month ago, and then a few questions from fansites since then.
    Indeed, this is true. For the most part, Blizzard has barely even been talking about this future feature. They drop hints and comments when asked about it, but that's all there is to it. The players, however, are all alarmed as if this feature could change the game itself. Speculation is good, but some people are hyping something we only have a few hints on tremendously, when it's very likely it's not anything big.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    And where is that tech already in the game? it isn´t.
    That's not an argument, however. That would be the new and unannounced feature.

    LFD, Phasing and cross-realm stuff also wasn't already in the game until it was in the game. You get my point.

  9. #109
    That would be dissapointing for me. I don't have anything against Looking-for-Raid, other than it is way too dumbed down, even for the easy mode of raiding. On the contrary, I like how it gives the chance to almost everyone to experience at least part of the raiding content currently available.

    However it doesn't make for a particularly engaging raiding experience. A lot of mechanics can be negated. Some are dumbed down versions of the original ones. And some are even missing. The result is that most fights end up being little more than Patchwreck fights with different skins really.

    And I wouldn't be interested in going back to older raid dungeons just to experience them like that. That would be a quite sad experience really. Kael'thas, for example, was once known as the guy that would smash your head in due to his insane difficulty. If his encounter in the Eye was Looking-for-Raided he would just keel over and fall pretty much, upon his head touching the floor, exploding into a fiery shower of loots... and that would be it; for him, Ragnaros, the Lich King, M'uru, and all the other epic encounters of the past of the game.

    Not much of a cool feature really. It would seem more like an epidemic spreading, the epidemic of Rofl-Stomping.

    If such a feature were to exist, which seems to be the case according to Ghostcrawler's recent comments although he doesn' specify raiding so it may be a larger feature, I think that it would be far more better if it was done similarly to Challenge Modes: with the characters' attributes, as well as their level in this case, going down. And offer some form of cosmetic reward: title, gear without attributes for transmogrification, achievements, etc.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Indeed, this is true. For the most part, Blizzard has barely even been talking about this future feature. They drop hints and comments when asked about it, but that's all there is to it. The players, however, are all alarmed as if this feature could change the game itself. Speculation is good, but some people are hyping something we only have a few hints on tremendously, when it's very likely it's not anything big.
    I think the biggest hint so far was when GC said most players would probably go ´meh´ about it. That leads me to believe that it isn´t going to be anything controversial or exciting. If you read this thread, a large portion of the people are doing exactly what GC said they would do.. ´ we don´t need that, who cares, great more rehashed content´. It is also the reason why I think it will not be anything that requires a lot of new tech. Why would they invest in new tech if GC said it wasn´t going to be an exciting new feature for most players?

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Drithiend View Post
    And I wouldn't be interested in going back to older raid dungeons just to experience them like that. That would be a quite sad experience really. Kael'thas, for example, was once known as the guy that would smash your head in due to his insane difficulty.
    But then again, is that somehow cool? That's a rather freakish interest. Nobody likes that except for a cosiderably small percentage of the whole player base. It's like S/M, some few people really love to be kicked in the nads, but the majority wouldn't be turned on by it all that much.

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Drithiend View Post
    That would be dissapointing for me. I don't have anything against Looking-for-Raid, other than it is way too dumbed down, even for the easy mode of raiding. On the contrary, I like how it gives the chance to almost everyone to experience at least part of the raiding content currently available.

    However it doesn't make for a particularly engaging raiding experience. A lot of mechanics can be negated. Some are dumbed down versions of the original ones. And some are even missing. The result is that most fights end up being little more than Patchwreck fights with different skins really.

    And I wouldn't be interested in going back to older raid dungeons just to experience them like that. That would be a quite sad experience really. Kael'thas, for example, was once known as the guy that would smash your head in due to his insane difficulty. If his encounter in the Eye was Looking-for-Raided he would just keel over and fall pretty much, upon his head touching the floor, exploding into a fiery shower of loots... and that would be it; for him, Ragnaros, the Lich King, M'uru, and all the other epic encounters of the past of the game.

    Not much of a cool feature really. It would seem more like an epidemic spreading, the epidemic of Rofl-Stomping.

    If such a feature were to exist, which seems to be the case according to Ghostcrawler's recent comments although he doesn' specify raiding so it may be a larger feature, I think that it would be far more better if it was done similarly to Challenge Modes: with the characters' attributes, as well as their level in this case, going down. And offer some form of cosmetic reward: title, gear without attributes for transmogrification, achievements, etc.
    I think you got it wrong. It is not going to be dumbed down versions of the old raids. It is going to be EXACTLY the same old raids, but now the raid leader will be able to ´scale´ his team down to the appropriate level and ilvl. It would actually take a large amount of work to make a dumbed-down LFR version of every raid in the game. Much easier to just go ´poof, everyone is now lvl 60 with ilvl 85 gear... have at it´..

  13. #113
    Epic! I stand in fire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    1,719
    I don't think it's LFR for older content because Vanilla, TBC, and most of the Wrath content is easily soloable for a competent player.

    A while ago the Devs mentioned a system for cataclysm that allows players to scale down. Meaning if you are getting your friend to play WoW, you don't have to start a new character to play with him, you can get your main scale it down to level 1 and hopefully you character will scale with your friend as he progresses. Maybe, it's this system or a variation of it.
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    But then again, is that somehow cool? That's a rather freakish interest. Nobody likes that except for a cosiderably small percentage of the whole player base. It's like S/M, some few people really love to be kicked in the nads, but the majority wouldn't be turned on by it all that much.
    It was freakishly hard back then, yes. Not so much now, with the added abilities for classes. I think that raiding in this game has a difficulty curve all its own as time goes by. Molten Core was formidable back in the day, except to the really good guilds. Nowadays it would be seen as an easy-to-medium challenging dungeon, depending on the numbers balance.


    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    I think you got it wrong. It is not going to be dumbed down versions of the old raids. It is going to be EXACTLY the same old raids, but now the raid leader will be able to ´scale´ his team down to the appropriate level and ilvl. It would actually take a large amount of work to make a dumbed-down LFR version of every raid in the game. Much easier to just go ´poof, everyone is now lvl 60 with ilvl 85 gear... have at it´..
    I was responding to the original poster's suggestion to make older raid dungeons available through Looking-for-Raid. Or that's what I thought he was suggesting anyway. To be able to downlevel your group and go do the dungeons at the level they were meant to be done is a nice idea, and kind of what I was getting at as well.

  15. #115
    Herald of the Titans Adramalech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,561
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    I think the biggest hint so far was when GC said most players would probably go ´meh´ about it. That leads me to believe that it isn´t going to be anything controversial or exciting. If you read this thread, a large portion of the people are doing exactly what GC said they would do.. ´ we don´t need that, who cares, great more rehashed content´. It is also the reason why I think it will not be anything that requires a lot of new tech. Why would they invest in new tech if GC said it wasn´t going to be an exciting new feature for most players?
    To be fair, even if it's a minor feature it doesn't mean it can't use new tech. However, if it's related to old content in LFR, all the required techs are already in the game. We won't know exactly what it is until they officially announce it, but I firmly believe, both from GC's words and the general lack of hype, that it'll be something cool to have (for some of us anyway), but in no way something "big".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

  16. #116
    Elemental Lord Arbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    8,169
    Is there a chance it could be a system that stales you down and allow you to experience the content at that level. Like do MC at 60 & BT at Lvl 70??
    I'm neither Pro or Anti Flying, I just have a different opinion on the matter.

  17. #117
    I seriously hope it doesn't have to do with old content. I've already done it, we can all solo or duo most of it... It would be an utter waste of developer time just to cater to a minority with a nostalgia-boner.

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    The problem for me isn't the endless supplies of welfare epics, but the fact that LFR is replacing 5man heroics. I'd rather take 5man version of the same raid than doing it in LFR.
    I agree with you - but remember, one of the main benefits of LFR was to fix the imbalance in queue times. If we went back to 5man heroics as the main gear upgrade system for non-raiders the queue times for dps would be through the roof again while tanks and healers had theirs pop in less than 30 seconds.

  19. #119
    Upscaling of old dungeons or downscaling gear... as downscaling gear is in challenge modes I guess that's what they are planning to do. Sadly we will only get some shit transmog rewards from running those dungeons is my guess.

  20. #120
    If it does involve the old raids maybe it won't be for the benefite of our mains. Maybe it will be for the benefit of our alts, hence the 'meh' comment. Maybe the raids won't scale for us, but instead they will have the boss's HPs lowered to make them 5man queue-able at the appropriate level. This way you can 'relive the glory days' on an alt through LFG.

    Yes, a few strats and mechanics would have to be tweeked, but we have seen this happen in the past before. Strat and Scholo lowered to 5mans. UBRS was originally a 20man I recall. AQ20 is now AQ10 or maybe even a 5 man at level.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •