Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think the new feature might be reversible backleveling.

for instance: if you want to run LFR DS, you could backlevel to 85 and queue for it.

if you want to do a herald of the titans without rolling an alt, you could backlevel to 80 and run ulduar.

if you want to queue for some dungeons with your level 23 friend, you can backlevel to 23 and queue for LFD.

if you are in a future expansion and you really want the MoP challenge mode set, you can backlevel to level 90 and do challenge modes.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Horymir View Post
    How about bringing some NEW content instead of re-using old raids. As awesome as they are, I know Sunwell or Black Temple or Karazhan by heart, after running them many times for my transmogs.

What I would like to see, is some massive pre-launch event, like the one we had before Wotlk (zombies in cities and floating necropolises across Azeroth).

Except this time, if the main motive of next expansion will really be Burning Legion, as many ppl are speculating, there would be dimension portals appearing on Azeroth, with demons pouring out of them. After killing certain number of demons, an elite "commander" steps out, killing him would reward nice loot (epics, low chance on tabard/mount, maybe title and feat of strenght for killing all the commanders).
    Basically I am inspired by the rift events from MMORPG Rift.

You mean like the Dark Portal opening event, with Lord Kazzak and his friends devastating the world and the capital cities?

I think it will be a system where you can "de-level" your character to play with your lower level friends (or for any other reason I suppose). Blizzard has said they would like to do something like this for a while. The gear scaling tech that they already have gets them half way there.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotsforyou View Post
    I hope it is the removal of LFR/LFG so we can go back to strong server communities again.
    Game's moving forwards, not backwards.

Also, no LFR = no more raids, so enjoy your Heroic 5-man runs.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

I hope it is the removal of LFR/LFG so we can go back to strong server communities again.
    You can still find friends ingame, LFD and LFR are not stopping you from that. Blame the players, not LFR/LFD.
    Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU

Deleted
    Try to fix faction imbalance first, as it's about 20:1 on my server. Even with LFR, if your server has a high population and faction balance, don't complain. Your community is fine. It can't possibly be as bad as mine.

If they will announce old content being scaled down to player level and available through LFR:

Is there a point to it when they trivialize old content through LFR, strip all epicness from those epic encounters, and there probably being no rewards for old content other than mounts and transmogrification?

Copying everything from other MMOs, now it's GW2 level adjustment to old content coming to WoW. How sad they have been unable to come up with something original in terms of game mechanics and resort to copying LESSER MMOs.

This will be a substitute/alternative to new content and a big, lame, ugly excuse not to make more new content.

I'd rather have pure vanilla or TBC servers with everything difficult and epic... That would be a whole different story.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I think the new feature might be reversible backleveling.

for instance: if you want to run LFR DS, you could backlevel to 85 and queue for it.

if you want to do a herald of the titans without rolling an alt, you could backlevel to 80 and run ulduar.

if you want to queue for some dungeons with your level 23 friend, you can backlevel to 23 and queue for LFD.

if you are in a future expansion and you really want the MoP challenge mode set, you can backlevel to level 90 and do challenge modes.
    This is sort of what I'm assuming it is too. It being just for LFR's would be pretty stupid. There's a lot of content in WoW now that only exists at ONE level, and that has started to become a problem since Wrath. If it continues without things like this, you'd essentially have, for example, only one level to try out MoP's scenarios in the next expansion, since they only exist at 90, and don't have entrances. So something like this pretty much has to be made, otherwise, even more content will be worthless with the passing of time than it already is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm dissapointed that it's LFR old content, hoped something new and Fresh

Deleted
    how about 10m lfr

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    If LFR doesn't drop loot, or drops loot that doesn't progress your character, players won't run it.
    Correction, If LFR doesn't drop loot, or drops loot that doesn't progress your character, players won't run it for 10+ weeks.

When Blizzard designs a content, it wants you to run it for 10+ weeks, even better, 10+ months.
    This monthly fee has a major flaw.

I just really really (I mean really) hope that this new feature isn't something like all content now scales with you so nothing is soloable anymore. LFR is ok or a feature I can turn on an off but if they want to allow people to run old content in groups by forcing it, I will not be a happy camper. Since I enjoy undermanning and/or soloing old content it would be one of the few things that could make me quit this game.

I have good memories of Karazhan, but I would never set foot in it again with a raid group. Solo, yes please, but never again as raid. I've done it 20+ times, why on earth would I want to do it again?

Deleted
    Stupid idea imo, not only will it take an absolute ton of time for very little pay off in terms of game play, but there can and won't be any rewards that you won't be able to get solo from just running into the instance.

The main problem with this is people "think" running old content at the current gear level is fun, but after 1 or 2 runs they'll will realize it's boring and you have done it before (for most veteran players). Then it will be back to people just not queuing for it because they are already burnt out.

And onto the loot/reward issue. When you don't reward players, the content just does not get done. Look at challenge modes, there are only a very few people which actually runs these. The rewards are very subjective, they take time and effort. The only upside I see to them is that it's easy for the devs to make them work, just splat an extra 50% damage ontop of everything and copy across the gear scaling mechanic from PTR to scale you down. You could argue that this could be applied to old raid content too, but it can't. Class balance is just totally off. DK's were not around in vanilla/TBC so they can bring things to a raid, which normally wasn't there, similar story for monks. I can almost be certain most bosses could be cheesed with the difference in mechanics we have now, compared to the mechanics you use to have.

Personally I think the "unannounced" feature should be something to do with PvP. We rarely see any PvP innovation so it's about time something new was added to the mix. Something like PvP raids or maybe some new game modes for BGs.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2013-03-11 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    If they will announce old content being scaled down to player level and available through LFR:

Is there a point to it when they trivialize old content through LFR, strip all epicness from those epic encounters, and there probably being no rewards for old content other than mounts and transmogrification?
    Currently there's nothing epic about going into old raids solo and beating on the bosses for free gold.

Copying everything from other MMOs, now it's GW2 level adjustment to old content coming to WoW. How sad they have been unable to come up with something original in terms of game mechanics and resort to copying LESSER MMOs.
    I would question the Blizzard dev's intelligence if they didn't copy the one good thing Guild Wars 2 has. That game is nearly as big a failure as SWTOR, might as well salvage it's one good feature.

This will be a substitute/alternative to new content and a big, lame, ugly excuse not to make more new content.
    Kind of like how they stopped making Heroic mode raids when LFR got introduced. Oh wait...

I'd rather have pure vanilla or TBC servers with everything difficult and epic... That would be a whole different story.
    Currently Heroic mode raids are objectively harder than anything from Vanilla and most of TBC. The only hard parts in most Vanilla/TBC raids were getting 40 people together, resistance checks, surviving the consumable drought, or stacking the right classes. As for epicness that's a subjective viewpoint.

Hopefully the feature is to fire ghostcrawler. The guy is a plague to this game.

LFR's? Hell no. Old content challenge modes? Win.
    1001 0111 0011 0111 1000 0101

Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    I would like that. Maybe not LFR for older raids, but the possibility of going there in level and gear apropriate.

Like, Black Temple at level 70, with ilvl scaled down to 110 (wild guess here).

I would second that idea!
    I believe it would a be a scale up not down, so Illidan becomes lvl 90 and so does the rest of the raid and drops 90 gear.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Game's moving forwards, not backwards.

Also, no LFR = no more raids, so enjoy your Heroic 5-man runs.
    Did you play before LFR and LFG? There were most definitely raids before LFR. So the idea that without LFR there is no raids is ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well you can let that idea just die right there. If the MMO genre has proved anything recently it is that servers are archaic design. The launch of any post WoW MMo where hundreds of thousands clog servers, force dozens more to open to accomodate demand, then dwindles away to a plenty of ghost towns forcing a humiliating consolidation later on. IMO the future is dynamic instancing, meaning large influxes and departures of players won't damage the overall experience.

Another problem is take WOW itself, some servers might have the population to get that strong sense of community players who wear rose tinted glasses like to go on about whereas quite a few would be dead ghost towns. Hell even on the servers where there is the population your "strong sense of community" ends up being me shouting in Orgrimmar for an hour looking for a group.

I seriously cannot flame, bury or burn this notion that 'strong server communities' and the way things used to be were somehow superior. Was there a cost in moving to a cross-server architecture? Yes there was. And in hindsight that cost was well worth paying so that we could get playing.

You want a strong community? Join a guild.

Firebert

"If LFR doesn't drop loot, or drops loot that doesn't progress your character, players won't run it.

That's the official line, I think. "

I agree. Setting up a mechanism that allows our level to scale so we can do old content sounds fun, but Blizzard does need to offer some sort of rewards structure to encourage people to run it. I am thinking valor point rewards, special mounts, transmog gear sets, new pets added to post vanilla raids, maybe whatever the latest version of the loot coin is, everything in fact except scalable loot from old instances is surely on the cards as incentives to run it.

Scalable loot is simply too destructive a concept.
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2013-03-11 at 03:18 PM.