Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Masternewt View Post
    Yes, please let it be lfr for stuff I can solo. That would add so much content to the game.
    This.

The idea behind lfr is to allow players to experience current content.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by Xsy View Post
    LFR's? Hell no. Old content challenge modes? Win.
    This
    10 chars

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    I feel sorry that you did not already put hundreds of hours into each classic raid when it was current content. Otherwise, I doubt you'd be such a snide prick about someone else not wanting to do that all over again for no reason other than to satisfy nostalgia only to then turn into grief and regret that you came back only to wipe for hours on a difficult boss/mechanic. Yeah, I'm such a sad, sad person.
    You know, some raids I have fun even after doing a hundred times. I'd still like to do BWD, Firelands, Zul'gurub, the part of Molten Core I did, Ulduar and so on. Personally I don't raid for gear, the only reason I care for gear is so I can progress to the next raid to experience that one, for me it's all about the experience. Admittedly re-experiencing old raids hang partly on nostalgia (especially the Vanilla raids), but some of the old raids are still good, even by today's standards. Not all of us has experienced every single raid, I didn't care for TBC and thus I had a break from the game there, however, I'd love to go back and face Illidan in Black Temple. New players can also get to experience the past, and see what everyone is so hyped up about concerning different raids like Ulduar and Karazhan, and hey, some players might come to the realization that the past wasn't so much better than the present.

By the way, I don't care about wiping, that's all about progress, trial through error, if I hated wiping I probably wouldn't be raiding. I just don't get the mentality that you wouldn't want to do something if it doesn't provide gear, or you want to do something you hate just because it gives you gear, I don't really follow that logic.

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    You know, some raids I have fun even after doing a hundred times. I'd still like to do BWD, Firelands, Zul'gurub, the part of Molten Core I did, Ulduar and so on. Personally I don't raid for gear, the only reason I care for gear is so I can progress to the next raid to experience that one, for me it's all about the experience. Admittedly re-experiencing old raids hang partly on nostalgia (especially the Vanilla raids), but some of the old raids are still good, even by today's standards. Not all of us has experienced every single raid, I didn't care for TBC and thus I had a break from the game there, however, I'd love to go back and face Illidan in Black Temple. New players can also get to experience the past, and see what everyone is so hyped up about concerning different raids like Ulduar and Karazhan, and hey, some players might come to the realization that the past wasn't so much better than the present.

By the way, I don't care about wiping, that's all about progress, trial through error, if I hated wiping I probably wouldn't be raiding. I just don't get the mentality that you wouldn't want to do something if it doesn't provide gear, or you want to do something you hate just because it gives you gear, I don't really follow that logic.
    You're twisting my words and you know it. Also, nobody likes wiping, but many people like a challenge. There's a difference. I said that I don't want to go back to the old raids with a handicap for no current benefit, only to satisfy nostalgia. There's nothing wrong with my feelings any more or less than your feelings.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I’m going to take a WAG at this.

I think they’ll take the new MOP concept of “Challenge Raids/Dungeons” and apply it to all WoW Raids and Dungeons. Sure you cleared Black Temple, but can beat the current record?

Of course you could make it even more fun and add different records for specific groups like: all healers, DPS only, melee only, all Rogues, one of every class/talent (that’s 34 players), all Gnomes…….ok maybe not the last one. But think of all the combinations you could come up with.

You wouldn’t need to edit any content and would just use the “challenge code” already introduced in MoP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Makes absolutely no sense to have a LFR for old content that is already soloable.

I'd say the 'top feature' will be user created content in the form of scenarios.
    Let's solo 25 HM Cataclysm's raids !
    YEEEH

The problem with re-tooling old raids, is that old-school style guilds are already just blowing through them because of class changes. Unless they have some Caverns of Time style situation that returns the game, talents, abilities and specs to relative content, any retooling is a waste of time.

we will get the chance to do even more dailys!
    YAY DAILYS!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats something that should already exist, and is nothing new or exciting. Most people can solo that crap anyways, or get a 90 friends to help them. Other then for Xmorgs, and that "oh this place" feel, there is no reason to do old content anymore.

---------- Post added 2013-03-12 at 09:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Makes absolutely no sense to have a LFR for old content that is already soloable.

I'd say the 'top feature' will be user created content in the form of scenarios.
    Perhaps player housing? I mean they've pretty much mastered phasing, would be the best thing for the game to add at this point.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

in my own opinion I think its gonna be cross realm heirloom mechanic, but idk... I aint no blizzard employee, hell it could be anything

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what it could be but it's not going to be player housing, that's something that if they ever implemented would probably be at the launch of an expansion. I can't see it being lfr for older raids either. To much development time for something that makes zero sense.

It can't be old raids as LFR.

Why? Because the only way a lot of people would actually do them is if they offered gear as good as or slightly less good as the current LFR gear at the time it's released. So, if it releases in 5.4 along with Siege of Orgrimmar LFR (which could have, say, iLvL 540 gear), then the old-world raid LFR would have to drop the same gear or maybe around iLvL 530 gear if Blizzard wants many people to do it. Otherwise, the only reason to do them would be for transmog or nostalgia, both of which you could achieve by soloing those raids right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerdus View Post
    It can't be old raids as LFR.

Why? Because the only way a lot of people would actually do them is if they offered gear as good as or slightly less good as the current LFR gear at the time it's released. So, if it releases in 5.4 along with Siege of Orgrimmar LFR (which could have, say, iLvL 540 gear), then the old-world raid LFR would have to drop the same gear or maybe around iLvL 530 gear if Blizzard wants many people to do it. Otherwise, the only reason to do them would be for transmog or nostalgia, both of which you could achieve by soloing those raids right now.
    I have five words for you:

Mounts
    Battle pets
    Cosmetic gear

You'd be amazed how much fluff items can lure in players of all stripes. Hell I only got myself a gear for a tank spec due to the Call to Arms bags. I'm too lazy to solo Heroic Arthas 25-man for Invincible.

I don't understand why some people are thrilled to scale DOWN the gear and stats. Seriously, they all RUSH to max level, then they want to be scaled down. I think scaling is retarded and it's the main reason I didn't buy GW2. I want to evolve, not to degenerate...

10+ Year Old Account
    This seems like the unannounced feature. Blizzard has dropped words relating to older content, and then the fact of some people saying" WOO!" and some saying"meh", so I feel it could appease those to scale down to 60 and do MC or other old raids in a group, while still allowing people to solo the original at level cap (or whichever level they choose to do the content at). I'll try it out, but I doubt it will be pretty (if this is it), it may actually make me want to try LFR.

It's stat scaling and down leveling for zones. They already have zones sorted according to the levels you can achieve by questing in the zones, they have cross-realm. Zones are older content. They said this might be a feature some players would be kind of.. meh about.. and some would love. Just wait. Plus this will allow them to introduce events and other things to encourage people to visit the zones that won't mess with the dynamic. It could also eradicate the issue of high levels ganking low levels thus adding to a more balanced pvp system.

Why not? I'd be a good way to implement the remaining colours of various tiers that didn't make it into the 10 and 25man/normal and hc modes like:

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

10+ Year Old Account
    More dailys
    /thread
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    The new un-announced raid feature for 5.4 is rather simple.

Using the technology to reduce player item level for gold mode, this is further improved to open all raids to players.

When a raid enter any non current content, the raid leader can select to do the raid as it was when it was current. Gear is scaled down to appropriate level and player level and HP is reduced to the required level for the raid. In addition with this mode, all achievements and Feats of Strenght are again obtainble as well as unique item such as mounts that were previously removed. Added to that all gear obtained in this mode is scaled up to current max level so that raids can raid any content and still get gear that is useful.
    Agreed, this was my thought on the issue quite a while ago. Can't find the post as it's quite old but they were saying for a while they couldn't do it due to tech restrictions then challenge modes came along so they'd obviously got the mechanics sorted out for the tech. Bringing a BIG part of the game back to "current interest" levels would be amazing, there's a lot of VERY good instances I'm sure a lot of the current user base just hasn't seen.
    Last edited by mercutiouk; 2013-03-14 at 06:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

There are a lot of people still curious about that big unannounced feature. Are we going to see it in patch 5.4? Any hints on what it might be?

It is on the schedule for patch 5.4, I think it's likely that we'll get it in. I think players will know it when they see it.

Sourse:
    http://ow.ly/lcFCB