Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    How would there be competition for transmog items when the LFR loot system is on an individual basis? =/
    So we just wouldn't get anything then as opposed to solo'ing and getting everything? K.

LFR versions of old stuff would be neat, but kind of pointless.

Would much rather have the ability to lower my level by zone, or to queue into ANYTHING that's queueable already in the game, at any level, and have it scale down, so I can play with friends, and have scenarios eternally accessible once you pass level 90 (Seriously, think about it, this needs to be done, as scenarios don't have entrances), and get old LFR transmog sets.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how this would happen. All the raids would have to be rebalanced. And how would you balance them anyway? Would Karazhan and Sunwell offer same ilvl with same difficulty? I don't like the idea of that at all. Keep the difficulty flow the same as it is now? You'd never reach the end tier. The queue time would be endless.

Either way, it would be a lot of work for so little gain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziaon View Post
    I say random live events " walking around leveling minding your own business next thing you know mass army of mogu comes and one shots you
    We have that already isnt mass army of Mogu but some ?? flying ninja who is angry that horde pew pew his ass at Helfire towers

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    They can scale bosses up to the max level in a raid.
    OR
    They can scale the character(s) up or down to the appropriate level of the raid.
    Only if its optional, otherwise it'd be a horrible addition to the game.

---------- Post added 2013-05-20 at 09:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Let's solo 25 HM Cataclysm's raids !
    YEEEH
    'hard modes' are not 'new' content. Its the exact same raid 10 mans use.

Cata raids can be solo'd, so it is indeed rather pointless to implant LFR just so that people can 'see' the raids.
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2013-05-20 at 07:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    GC talked about Raiding quite a lot today, from his talk I concluded that there is no way that they will add this feature. He has clearly stated that old raids tend to be easier and with more simple encounters, as back in times the main problem in raids (40 man) were most of players didnt know their roles what to do or not to, the MAIN thing was just to dispel a debuff for a fight. He has said that after that they gave Classes more capabilities more Variates, Players got more "educated" in raiding and raids got Hard.

I mean overall, when you look at the encounters, particularly back in Molten Core -- there just wasn't much going on. The community of players was so unsophisticated, compared to what they have now. A 40 player raiding guild was like ... people with a pulse, you know? Nobody knew what the right rotation for a warlock was, because there certainly weren't things like AskMrRobot or even a WorldofLogs -- it was really hard to figure out even how to play your character.
    GC

Another Quote
    Yeah! Or even if you had like, one really good raid leader who kind of knew, "Look, you have to dispel on Lucifron, that is the key to this fight. Dispel dispel dispel." I mean nowadays, if we made a fight that was, that the entire key was to remember to dispel? It would be trivial. Like ... people could five man it. So as players have become more sophisticated, and to some extent as we've given characters more tools, we've had to add more mechanics to encounters to kind of keep them at a certain difficulty level.

Because at some point -- encounters can be difficult because of number tuning or because of mechanics. And with the numbers tuning, at some point you just can't physically win the fight unless every single hit is a crit or something astronomically impossible like that. So I think it's totally fair that we've increased mechanics over time. Now, I know that there's an argument out there that raid finder should just have fewer mechanics overall because people can't handle it.
    So it all means that Raids from Vanilla till Pandaria has changed dramatically and Now if our Characters go back in Vanilla Raids it would be pretty simple to clear most of raids, it would have no interest.

Another issue is that Some stats didnt exist back then, like mastery, exp, and the ones like Fire resistance and etc have been removed, so Imo its impossible to link those all the raids together
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

Deleted
    "Experiencing" old content would mean far more than simply scaling levels/ilvls down. Characters are more varied/powerful today than they ever were - with far more abilities. Hell, in vanilla (on my rogue) your AOE was blade flurry (a cooldown btw) and haste didn't exist so energy regen was fixed etc, not to mention a complete lack of any healing abilities outside of bandages and cloak of shadows didn't exist until the pre-TBC patch where it was the final tier talent in the sub tree. Things like that completely change the way encounters play out.

If you really want to see oldschool raids and experience them as they once were then your only option is rolling a char on a vanilla/tbc private server (which is against the rules so I don't advise you do it :P)

Quote Originally Posted by vmagik View Post
    "Experiencing" old content would mean far more than simply scaling levels/ilvls down. Characters are more varied/powerful today than they ever were - with far more abilities. Hell, in vanilla (on my rogue) your AOE was blade flurry (a cooldown btw) and haste didn't exist so energy regen was fixed etc, not to mention a complete lack of any healing abilities outside of bandages and cloak of shadows didn't exist until the pre-TBC patch where it was the final tier talent in the sub tree. Things like that completely change the way encounters play out.

If you really want to see oldschool raids and experience them as they once were then your only option is rolling a char on a vanilla/tbc private server (which is against the rules so I don't advise you do it :P)
    Screw the character abilities... I think it's far more work to deal with the BOSS mechanics! How do you handle magic resist fights? or ones with timed wonky mechanics like the stun-locks you have to put on the wisps in AQ40? Or the Twin Emps? Or getting 40 random people organized to do Executus properly!

Scailing players/bosses is the LEAST of their problems. Doing it via an LFR is a NIGHTMARE of an idea without massive MASSIVE boss nerfs - and you could imagine how well that would go down with the hardcore community. >_<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orders View Post
    What about Player Housing? How do you think that would work within WoW?
    GC expressed many times they want to see the players in the world. Players housing would so much go against that. Guild halls could have more potential however.

Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    GC expressed many times they want to see the players in the world. Players housing would so much go against that. Guild halls could have more potential however.
    Guild houses would keep players out of the world more than Player Housing... particularly if they're designed like they are in other MMORPGs.

Quote Originally Posted by ArMeD_SuRvIvOr View Post
    GUYS!

Guys.

Hey guys. What if-

Guys.

What if -GUYS, LISTEN- What if the planned, unnanounced feature is actually a system that scales you down in stats/iLvl (like in challenge modes) to experience old raids the way they were meant to be experienced?

That'd be great, honestly.
    Disagree, they'll never be experienced the way they were meant to be, simply because of all the skill changes and what not making classes overpowered at lower levels.

As much as people say they want this stuff back no one would bother to que for it. Aside from all the development time wasted doing them there would just be no fun doing these raids in an LFR group.

If this was their big feature they have been hyping up their subscriber count after 5.4 hits will drop by at least double what the last drop was. Simply because lfr is stupid combine it with ruining the nostalgia of all those old raids with it would murder their sub count.

Open raid is there for people looking for Old content ...like it used to be. Level to 60, 70 or 80 then turn off XP and run the content. Some of the changes they have made, like Dispel on a CD would screw some fights over so I dont think the Big Unannounced featured is LFR for old stuff, whether the raid or the players Scale. Besides, the Qs would be horrible. Have you tried Quing for DS as an 85? Doesn't happen, I'll tell you. Getting 40 people for an old MC run or BWL or 25 people for a SSC or TK would simply not happen. Maybe the first week..but when the wiping occured and the new wore off...it's done.

What would be cool is if they made more achievements obtainable under the Harald of the Titans rules, like The Undying/Immortal.(but Not as a LFR)

I still think the unannounced feature will be cross faction raids or grouping. You have an "enemy" friend on your real ID and you want to play with them? not a problem anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Azzie Azz View Post
    Personally I think it's a great idea to have a LFR at 60/70/80/85 because
    1) Bring back the content that we had good memories with
    2) it will give the chance for people that haven't experience a certain exspanion or raid at the right level
    3) could bump up the subs for blizz = more money
    4)no need for vanilla, tbc servers only etc

.One problem that might occur, is gathering 25 people so maybe introduce 10 people.
    .loot system could work still like it does in mop.
    .for the rewards once you complete a LFR, you could get gold, special tranmogs bits or pieces of gear to help you increase your chances of loot, also give JP to obtain tbc,wotlk,cata vendor items.

Like to know people opinion
    That didn't make sense lol. This is not how you make pro bullet points, kiddies.
    1. content is still there.
    2. why does it matter if it's at the right level? the classes changed so it won't be the same and people like overpowering content.
    3. you're just reaching for positives now.....
    4. wrong. legacy realms are popular for the way they stick to how things USE to be. I.E talents, class abilities, scaling etc etc.

like wtf, do people just want to delete Azeroth and just have a menu of dungeons to do? stop adding more fucking group finders.

Is Hoolink teasing something too?
    https://twitter.com/holinka/status/336692838165274624

---------- Post added 2013-05-21 at 06:49 AM ----------

And GC says something
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...99620979421184