i'm honestly surprised you got them to doubt me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being a poacher was fun when I actually got to do a kill

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Being a poacher was fun when I actually got to do a kill
    Yea, what is not in the role description is that you cannot kill non-animals. On day one that actually saved you as the Elephant Bull made you target yourself. But you're a human yourself and you can't kill humans. Then on two of the three other nights you targeted humans...

I'll do a bit more explanation about the croc role as I invented it.

Character: Crocodile

Role: Modified Cannibal SK/Survivor

You are a hunter relying on patience. You lie in wait for a specific target. If the target makes a move or someone makes a move at the target, you'll strike killing the moving target. You will bring the target down to the bottom of the river leaving no trace for anyone but you to know what you just ate. Should you die... the remains of what you've eaten will float up to the surface for anyone to see.
    You are reliant on succeeding in your hunt to get food so if you do not get to fed for three days you'll starve to death.

Win Condition: Survivor

You win if you are the last one alive at the end of the game.
    The role is based around that you make your kill depending on who you think the other people with night action will do their night action on. If you think someone looks scummy, that person might be a good target because he might make a move and maybe the cop will make a move at that player and you'll get food. The weak point is that there are several people you can't kill with your ability. Those above you in the night priority list (three here), and those that cannot move (VTs, Masons...). Thus as much as possible those should be your lynch targets. So your play style should really be that someone should be lynched and you should try to target those you believe not to have night actions. This can't be said to be something easily done but it's not necessarily with a huge risk.

For night actions one should try to target those one thinks will make a move or be targeted by someone. There about 50% success rate targeting someone else than oneself and about 33% success rate while targeting oneself if everything is random. However, following the day one should be able to pick up a sense of who's got a PR. The self-part especially can be increased by making yourself a target. Something you saw Lysah do on D3 where she softclaimed (I think it was cop) and both vets and Greeney targeted her. Targeting self is otherwise in parts more risky as it decreases the chance of a kill, but you also increase your chance of surviving the night as you turn into a kind of PGO. This is also where the the starvation comes into play. You increase your short-term survival by turning into some kind of PGO, but you decrease your long-term survival as you risk starving. The opposite if you target someone else. Increased chance of a kill but you're more vulnerable.

During night you would also like to conserve your food. It is end game that might become really hard for you as you in an optimal condition would want at least one other person with a night action left alive when there's four people. There needs to be one other (viable) night action left going into night with six people if you need to feed on that night to survive.

I think a good part of Lysah's hardship in this game was that the PR that died were mostly those that were those she could kill, while those that survived were those she couldn't leading to only a theoretical chance of winning a day or two before the ending of the game. In part it is bad luck and luck (good or bad) should imo always be in a game. Sometimes you have a bit of luck and sometimes you don't. Sometimes bad luck makes you lose the game on day1 sometimes good luck makes you randomly pick that cop as your first NK. That both of the inactives that got lurker-lynched were scum was a considerable loss to Lysah. The Hyenas also looked to be in a really bad place at the start of day two having already lost half their numbers. Bad luck happens and it's part of the game. With the development of the game the croc was really behind in chance to win. The question is I think what I deem the chance of such happening would be. And I deep it to be rather small. In another kind of development of the game I think the croc could really have upset the town. The Cannibal trait might grow rather powerful for influencing the town.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since we've moved over to the Discussion Thread, going to close.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.