Thread: Webcomics

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Webcomics

http://avasdemon.com/

What webcomics do you read?
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2014-07-13 at 05:31 AM.
    Twas brillig

I'm 15 pages in, and I really like it so far.

Thanks.

edit: Seriously, this is great. Love the art.
    Last edited by Speaknoevil; 2013-03-03 at 12:02 AM.

Great story and art! I've just started reading and i haven't been able to stop until i was at the current last page, looks really great ! Kudos!

Does that flash hurt anybody else eyes?

Edit: Okay read the entire thing so far....10/10. I want more!
    Last edited by Sam the Wiser; 2013-03-03 at 02:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been reading it since I found out about it a couple weeks ago, it's pretty awesome.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just read though this and holy crap is it awesome.

My only fear is that the storytelling style doesn't lend itself well to webcomic format. This is the type of comic that needs to be read through in one sitting, not a page at a time once a week.
    Last edited by Brightamethyst; 2013-03-03 at 04:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    Just read though this and holy crap is it awesome.

My only fear is that the storytelling style doesn't lend itself well to webcomic format. This is the type of comic that needs to be read through in one sitting, not a page at a time once a week.
    You haven't read Homestuck have you?

Or... -any- non-gag a day comics?
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    You haven't read Homestuck have you?
    Ugh... god no. You couldn't pay me to read that crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Or... -any- non-gag a day comics?
    I read tons of them, but my previous comment is more true of some than others. Many try to have relatively self contained pages but this comic in particular doesn't do that in the slightest and instead has more of a flow to it. The sequences have a feel to them that's probably lost if it takes months to see something that's best read in one 5 minute pass.

Ugh... god no. You couldn't pay me to read that crap.

I read tons of them, but my previous comment is more true of some than others. Many try to have relatively self contained pages but this comic in particular doesn't do that in the slightest and instead has more of a flow to it. The sequences have a feel to them that's probably lost if it takes months to see something that's best read in one 5 minute pass.

1.Slander and Blasphemy! The Lord of all angels shall have your head!

EDIT: (Haha no that thing is way too big.)
    artist: http://spuddylite.deviantart.com/art...LISH-267087793

2. Eh, I've been keeping up with it for a few months and I disagree, then again, I'm pretty atypical.

---------- Post added 2013-03-03 at 12:40 AM ----------

http://thecarefree.tumblr.com/post/4...ine-commission
    Last edited by Skytotem; 2013-03-03 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Pic too big lol
    Twas brillig

Deleted
    Have read 3 chapters so far, I must say I really like how they use colors in it, but it really reminds me of something, the design on Ava to, thinking of some from hm, it was not from us, England, japan or Scandinavia atleast, maybe french hmm. anyway I like it very much sofar!

Romantically Apocalyptic

http://romanticallyapocalyptic.com/79

---------- Post added 2013-03-03 at 01:32 AM ----------

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1068
    Last edited by Skytotem; 2013-04-24 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Big Picture needed
    Twas brillig

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd post my favorite one, but it does have some adult themes so i won't link it..hopefully i won't get in trouble for saying the name Sunstone by Stjepan Šejić -he goes by shiniez on deviantART... remember NSFW

Deleted
    if that's your worry, you should certainly not read Order of The Stick. the artist has no schedule to stick to and releases whenever he finishes one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    if that's your worry, you should certainly not read Order of The Stick. the artist has no schedule to stick to and releases whenever he finishes one.
    Ha ha, yeah. Aside from the past week or so just now he's been on the 'whenever the hell I feel like it' schedule for a while.

Honestly, my biggest pet peeve about web comics is how most creators don't share update information with the readers (some do, but most don't.) I have no problem with comics ending, going on break, changing update schedules, etc. It might make me sad to see a comic I like end, but that it happens.

On the other hand, authors and artists should have enough respect for their readers to at least tell us what's going on. You don't have to give us the details, but even a simple "taking the week off", or a "comic's over, thanks for reading" would be better than just sitting there on the same comic with no update for days/weeks/years.

Deleted
    Ha ha, yeah. Aside from the past week or so just now he's been on the 'whenever the hell I feel like it' schedule for a while.

Honestly, my biggest pet peeve about web comics is how most creators don't share update information with the readers (some do, but most don't.) I have no problem with comics ending, going on break, changing update schedules, etc. It might make me sad to see a comic I like end, but that it happens.

On the other hand, authors and artists should have enough respect for their readers to at least tell us what's going on. You don't have to give us the details, but even a simple "taking the week off", or a "comic's over, thanks for reading" would be better than just sitting there on the same comic with no update for days/weeks/years.
    I hear ya. have been waiting for Brick Earth Saga to continue for almost 3 months now. last post was in december last year.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like the art style.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

People might find these enjoyable, I sure do

http://skullkickers.keenspot.com/d/20120106.html

and for the 40k fans (won't post a pic, to big)

http://space-wolves-grey.blogspot.ca...&by-date=false

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've recently gotten into Questionable Content, which is awesome, and JL8, which is really good if you like the idea of the Justice League as children (hey, it makes me laugh)

I haven't played WoW since MoP was announced, yet I still read Dark Legacy Comics...
    22 miles of hard road
    33 years of tough luck
    44 skulls buried in the ground
    Crawling down through the muck
    Ah yeah...

WEBCOMIC: Prague Race

Prague Race!

Oh hey this looks like a nice webcomic, cozy little college life...

Wait no don't buy anyting from the creepy store!

Oh dear I have a bad feeling about this...

A very bad feeling indeed...
    Twas brillig