1. #1

    dk anti magic shell(ams) break after 400k damage

    before mop expenson ams break after 5secs without limit.This is stupid also dk are underpower atm they need to be carry by warrior for 2.4k+.

    sry for grammar.

    fu troll

  2. #2
    The Lightbringer Raugnaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Frogspoison#1419 Battletag
    Posts
    3,482
    While your grammar is fairly difficult to read, and I'm not exactly getting your point, AMS has always absorbed 75% of spell damage, up to a MAXIMUM of 50% of the Death Knights health. To be exact, it SHOULD be breaking around 200k (Full Upgraded Malovolent w/ T2 weapon). With the 45 second cooldown, the immunity to magic effects while its up, and the large damage absorbtion before breaking, its actually one of the most powerful anti-magic defensive cooldowns, capable of countering pretty much all worrisome magical burst damage, with the exception of Frost Mages, who, even now, have high burst on a 30 second cooldown.
    Anyone ever notice how the sun seems to shine silverish now? Didn't it used to shine goldish? PM me if you've noticed this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

  3. #3
    The Patient
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    292
    Its really not all that powerful of an absorb...shit, warlock chaos bolts eat up almost all of the damage absorption in 1 shot. What makes AMS so awesome is that it prevents application of magical effects, i.e. cc, snares, etc. I honestly believe the OP doesn't have a clue abotu dks and was just tryign to troll.

  4. #4
    i would like to have my ams back like before use ams vs 100 chaos bolt and you cant died!!!

  5. #5
    When you stop raping people through AMS and pillar you're welcome to complain. Or when you even start using at as a defensive CD to start with.

  6. #6
    Stood in the Fire Machomaije's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Norway, Bergen
    Posts
    427
    Only reason you would use AMS is to prevent heavy burst damage/cc anyway, not as a absorb shield. for example the pathetic insane damage Mages have on the PTR atm. Easy to avoid if you manage to AMS the first Frost Bomb.

  7. #7
    The former AMS with 7 second duration and 100 % spell damage immunity was required in order to counter Frost Mages and Affliction Warlocks during Cataclysm. However at the games current state this would be broke, not necessarily overpowered but unreasonable nonetheless. It wouldn't enhance our gameplay, it would just allow you to roam in the open with no regard for anything for slightly longer. What we currently need is CC which we're getting to a certain extent. In addition to that Warriors are getting nerfed as well. Thie main issue is probably you using it insufficiently I suppose... Only because you can AMS a Dragons Breath doesn't mean that you should because what good does it do if you get one-shotted by 5 150k Pyros 10 seconds later? Use it carefully.

    However I wish it would grant us immunty towards knockbacks.
    Last edited by Senathor; 2013-03-03 at 12:59 PM.

  8. #8
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,692
    Afaik AMS has always had an absorb limit... absorbing 75%, or 100% if you were unholy with the right talent, up to 50% of the death knights max health.
    As said by Raugnaut, it's still one of the strongest anti-magic cooldowns available. Not only because it's a 200k+ absorbs, but because it also gives immunity to application of new magical effects which includes most forms of cc, silences, snares and roots, etc..

    Quote Originally Posted by forwards1ca View Post
    Its really not all that powerful of an absorb...shit, warlock chaos bolts eat up almost all of the damage absorption in 1 shot. What makes AMS so awesome is that it prevents application of magical effects, i.e. cc, snares, etc. I honestly believe the OP doesn't have a clue abotu dks and was just tryign to troll.
    A normal chaosbolt crits for 80k. Only if the warlock has all his cooldowns up, and you have glyphed AMS he can hit the shield for roughly 80%...

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbynator View Post
    i would like to have my ams back like before use ams vs 100 chaos bolt and you cant died!!!
    It takes 3 normal chaosbolts to break the absorbtion AMS if you are fully geared, which means that it's impossible to break the shield with just normal chaosbolts since AMS only lasts 5sec. It requires 2 chaosbolts if the warlock is using cooldowns.
    That is speaking of 1v1 though, but it gives you an idea of how strong the absorb still is.

    The more resilience you have, the weaker chaosbolt gets. In the same time, the more resilience you have, the stronger AMS becomes.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbynator View Post
    before mop expenson ams break after 5secs without limit.This is stupid also dk are underpower atm they need to be carry by warrior for 2.4k+.
    Mop? Ams abrosb limit was added in the first big patch of wrath 3.1, dk's only had a no limit ams when they first came out.

  10. #10
    Pit Lord Malgru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My computer chair
    Posts
    2,409
    folks, this is why you glyph it

  11. #11
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,692
    Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Mop? Ams abrosb limit was added in the first big patch of wrath 3.1, dk's only had a no limit ams when they first came out.
    Yes, and if I recall correctly, it took absolutely no skill to get gladiator in s5 with a death knight, so it's a good thing they changed it to how it is now.

  12. #12
    The Patient
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Afaik AMS has always had an absorb limit... absorbing 75%, or 100% if you were unholy with the right talent, up to 50% of the death knights max health.
    As said by Raugnaut, it's still one of the strongest anti-magic cooldowns available. Not only because it's a 200k+ absorbs, but because it also gives immunity to application of new magical effects which includes most forms of cc, silences, snares and roots, etc..



    A normal chaosbolt crits for 80k. Only if the warlock has all his cooldowns up, and you have glyphed AMS he can hit the shield for roughly 80%...



    It takes 3 normal chaosbolts to break the absorbtion AMS if you are fully geared, which means that it's impossible to break the shield with just normal chaosbolts since AMS only lasts 5sec. It requires 2 chaosbolts if the warlock is using cooldowns.
    That is speaking of 1v1 though, but it gives you an idea of how strong the absorb still is.

    The more resilience you have, the weaker chaosbolt gets. In the same time, the more resilience you have, the stronger AMS becomes.
    Resilience has absolutely nothing to do with how well or poorly AMS works...AMS is purely based off of your HP, and resilience doesn't add to this. If a normal chaos bolt only crits for 80k, then why have I seen 200k+ crits on a regualr basis on my 65% resil dk? And you saying 3 chaos bolts to brak AMS is just plain worng, because there are goign to be other spells that are hitting you or tickign on you. I'm not sayign the absorb isn't a great defensive, just that it's not as great as people seem to think it as. Everyone seems to think its activating dk godmode, which is so not true.

  13. #13
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,692
    Quote Originally Posted by forwards1ca View Post
    Resilience has absolutely nothing to do with how well or poorly AMS works...AMS is purely based off of your HP, and resilience doesn't add to this. If a normal chaos bolt only crits for 80k, then why have I seen 200k+ crits on a regualr basis on my 65% resil dk? And you saying 3 chaos bolts to brak AMS is just plain worng, because there are goign to be other spells that are hitting you or tickign on you. I'm not sayign the absorb isn't a great defensive, just that it's not as great as people seem to think it as. Everyone seems to think its activating dk godmode, which is so not true.
    Resilience has a lot to do with it. Resilience means you take less damage, so AMS will absorb more hits.
    Lets say you have 400k hp, 40% resilience. AMS will absorb 200k, 50% of 400k. Also, lets assume you have AMS glyphed, for the sake of making it easier to explain.

    Lets say I use instant casts that hit for 100k before resilience, so I hit for 60k on your 40% resilience. This means that after 3 attacks, I'd have done 180k damage to your shield. The 4th hit will hit your shield for 20k and your life for 40k.
    Now say you have 60% resilience, which means my attack will hit for only 40k. After 5 hits, your shield reaches 0, however, since it only lasts 5sec, it would have faded anyway.
    More resilience means it will take more to reach the limit. While health shows you a bigger number, resilience gives you a higher effective absorb as well.

    And with the chaosbolts, it was just to explain something, of course you're going to get hit by other things, but stuff is easier to explain when you make the situation easy. If I have to give an example having to include procs, dots, pets hitting you, etc, it's simply too hard to understand.
    Also, in arena it's impossible to crit for 200k with chaosbolt on a geared target. Such crits are only possible in battleground with berzerker or other damage increasing/damage taken effects.

    And while it's not as great as some people think, it's also not as bad as you think.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •