Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Unhappy Starting a Pandaren shaman...

Yesterday, i decided to level a pandaren shaman, but in the starting zone (where you can't mail him any BOA, because there is no mail box around) it was really hard to level, mostly because i was running out of mana almost on every fight, i had to pull 1 mob at a time and avoid long fights (like the ones with the hozen) because i would run out of mana almost instantly. Around level 6-7 the cost was high and the mana regen was low, making spells like lightning bolt too expensive to use.

My only solution was to endure to level 10 in order to get more mana regen and new spells. I really don't dare doing another pandaren shaman again, being super slow to kill mobs make the class really boring and the lack of spells make it worst, at least a warrior get tons of rage, priests do a lot of damage and mages and warlocks have good mana regen and damage.

Blizzard need to fix low level shamans since it can be a main reason why many players skip playing a shaman, specially new players who doesn't have BOA equipment

I feel your pain. I levelled a goblin shaman out of the goblin starting zone into Orgrimmar the other day. One mob at a time. I could handle a second one if they weren't higher level than me and not hitting too hard. But sometimes when I needed to heal, I didn't have the mana to continue with dps afterwards.

I have no idea if it was like that already a few years ago when I levelled up my main shaman because back then, I levelled as Enhancement and had no downtimes whatsoever.

For the current levelling experience, elemental is most certainly not a very enjoyable spec when played through the starting zone. I can imagine many people quitting the class/spec straight away.
    metanoia gone horde!

Main: Serisse ~ Favourite Alt: Syope

I'm leveling a brand new no heirloom enhancement shaman right now, and I'm feeling your pain. It doesn't help that there havent really been any decent weapons from quest rewards and the AH is too expensive (600g for a level 4 mace?). I take a lot of damage and the killing is slow. Only thing I can really say is healing surge is amazing after every pull as mana regen is insanely fast.

I got a friend to CRZ run me through wailing caverns to get 2x maces from there and it has helped a bit.

One of my shamans suffered from my "delete rage", i couldn't keep play it after 40, elemental was so boring (and repetitive) and enhancement without Stormstrike (until 26) and Unleash elementats (until 81) make them really boring and slow killers.

Leveling as healer can be painful if the tank is too new or too slow on pulls, i don't manage to play as a healer these days. Some times i fell that the shamans lacks on "elemental animated" spells, just look at some mobs on deepholme using a spell called "earth pike", that spell is amazing it create a spike of earth under the enemy also spells like "Magma Eruption" from Stonecore Magmalord. Why shamans have to be too damn simple? and also slow killers on PvE (questing & dungeons).

BTW lightning bolt is really useless, after you get Chain lightning (until 28) you are able to do good damage but with high mana cost

-----------------------------

Why shamans are able to use Two hand axes and Maces? i don't get it...
    Last edited by Necrosaro123; 2013-02-25 at 11:40 PM.

Field Marshal
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    Why shamans are able to use Two hand axes and Maces? i don't get it...
    Legacy
    Enhancement couldn't dual wield in Classic.

Shaman isn't underpowered, all other classes are overpowered at start.

How does it make sense for a new made hero zerging through enemies with no effort. It should only happen with heirlooms, and even then I find it silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    Blizzard need to fix low level shamans since it can be a main reason why many players skip playing a shaman, specially new players who doesn't have BOA equipment
    Oh please, the levelling experience isn't easy enough as it is??
    Oh no I have to endure until level 10 in order to get new spells... to make levelling... easier...
    Wow Blizzard, I demand my level 90 talents before level 10 so I can level with ease, please nerf the levelling experience again.
    Honestly, I remember not being able to kill any quest mob with ease until around level 40 ish (as enh) when we finally learnt windfury weapon, and it was amazing because you felt like you actually progressed and gained power, rather than having it handed to you at level 1.
    Dont have BoA equipment? Why not enjoy the scenery, collect some unique gear - maybe even enjoy the levelling experience (if you're a new player).
    ~Vayuu
    ~Lapietra
    ~Lapslock
    ~Rubmybeam

[Barthilas]

I frequently level new characters. Seriously, I have like 6? 90's atm and have a bunch more 85's left to level (I've got two servers I primarily play on) and honestly, I can say that it takes almost no effort to level at the low levels (even without BOAs - of which I have plenty -- still bummed that I had to buy two sets b/c of diff servers). It doesn't start to get annoying to level for me until about level 40, by that point I just want to kick myself for starting ANOTHER new character.

Although, I guess if you aren't an insane person who likes to level multiple characters (like me), you would find the leveling experience tedious if all you're used to is smashing through enemies on your high-level character.

I honestly have no idea what you people are talking about. I JUST started leveling another shaman (Enhancement, currently level 77). I had no BoA gear or anything at the start and had no problem with mana or killing anything. As far as Enhancement being boring that's more of a personal opinion. From 26+ It's taken me about 5-6 seconds to kill a normal mob. Dunno.

just equip a 2h until 10, use primal strike on cd.

lower levels is just a bit annoying as the good stuff like ascendance and lvl90 talents you get when you enter pandaland.

and dunno, as soon as you drop combat, mana and hp bar is full in 2sec.
    I have no idea when you get imbues, water or lightning shield, shocks or totems nowadays so won't comment on that.

I know this will sound like Im a whiny oldschool gamer who complains that it was better before but honestly... They have made things much much easier for every class.

Not only are you gaining xp much faster, the quests are easier and almost all of the hard quests and elite quests have been removed or are easily soloable if you know the mere basics of your class/specc.

My main gripe is the fact that I can basically level up to lvl 60 not dying to anything but ganks almost effortlessly, its pretty boring. No really, this isnt bragging. It is that easy compared to before. Heirlooms main function has become the fact that they make it possible to skip the whole gray area easier, where nothing is interesting, and get to the harder zones.

I just dont see how you can complain that its too hard to level up at this point, to me it just isnt. The only ones who cannot be said to not deserve to have it easier than what it was in vanilla are the healers, mainly because the main attribute for them was healing power and that one didnt even increase your damage. Glad blizzard realized the flaw there.

It's so hard to suppress my old man "back in my day" rage reading this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by taek View Post
    It's so hard to suppress my old man "back in my day" rage reading this thread.
    Now that's a pain I can share.
    Nothing worth having comes easy. That's why hard content is worth doing, and easy content is a waste of time.

Even if leveling these days is very easy... leveling a shaman without BoA's is still a major pain in the ass seeing as

A) Enhance has majoorr MAJOR downtime at low levels, it's shock, Lava lash -> Auto attack for 6-8 seconds.
    B) Elemental has 1 cast for a good... 26 levels or so.
    C) Fair play to any new player who wants to play resto... one in a dozen.

Without BoAs (to be honest even with BoAs vs other BoA classes) shaman doesn't even compare to any other class when leveling.
    ''Warriors – We don’t think Warrior burst is out of control'' Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAviator View Post
    Legacy
    Unstoppable Force.

Man the days, I really wish it'd be an option between 2h and dual wield. I know it's a longshot dream but.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    | [MoP]Ret Paladin Guide | Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    Unstoppable Force.

Man the days, I really wish it'd be an option between 2h and dual wield. I know it's a longshot dream but.
    Just thought of this too. I would love a 2h Enh shammy again but I have zero idea how it would work.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelangelo View Post
    Just thought of this too. I would love a 2h Enh shammy again but I have zero idea how it would work.
    Lava Lash becomes a main-hand attack, and its dependency on Flametongue Weapon is removed. Windfury Weapon operates on the new "RPPM" system (if it doesn't already), and its -- and Lava Lash's -- damage scaling is adjusted based upon the type of weapon equipped (akin to Ambush and Hemorrhage, for rogues, for example). You end up with the option to wield a big, slow, two-hander for bursty attacks and procs -- but less of them -- or dual wield for smoother (but very similar) dps.

Possible, but unlikely -- too much work for the devs to keep the two play styles competitive with each other -- though it could bring about a beautiful revival of enhancment PvP...

Mechagnome
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAviator View Post
    Legacy
    Sulfuras says hi >=) oh, hello lil Ally, came to play? Stormstriking with Sulfuras, bam! Now that was fun.

I remember when I leveled up my own shaman, it was tedious as hell and that was before there was even inc. mana regen out of combat and stuff like that, I feel like they have always had the crap stick when it comes to low leveling and you're right, it does get rid of all the fun out of it.

I got two shamans and I swear, I'm never doing it again :/. I'm already not looking forward to level my second from 85 to 90, I'm stalling it for a long time now.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

Not sure what the issue is... health and mana regen is ridiculous at low levels. Take little breaks in between mobs rather than trying to rush it. You're back to 100% in a few seconds.

The Patient
    Lightning Bolt is the most efficient spell beginning shaman have--I really don't know how you were OOMing unless you chain-pulled more than 5 or 6 mobs. Earth Shock's damage debuff is worth having, but Earth Shocking on cooldown will run you out of mana fairly quickly--it's basically double a lightning bolt in damage & mana. Primal Strike's damage-to-mana ratio is worse than LB/ES, so it's really best used as a finisher.