Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Lightbulb [Alliance] Alli Needs New Shaman Race

Hey all, just wanted to give an opinion on something that's been bothering me. I've wanted to alt an Enh sham since MoP came out because they seemed kinda fun. However, all of my toons are on Stormrage US, which is basically 99% Alliance, and all my toons are Alliance, so I am left with no Shaman-capable races to choose other than Dwarf, Draenei, and Pandaren.

- Dwarf, (male) may choose, however I am not the biggest fan of drunken 4 ft men running around. (female) What's a female Dwarf?
    - Draenei, (male) Probable choice, however their posture is awkward and the textures of shoulder-armor looks small for such large characters. (female) Also may choose, but doesn't give the "shaman-y" appeal to me for some reason.
    - Pandaren (male) No. (female) No.

In my opinion, there needs to be a new Shaman-capable race in the Alliance side. Which leaves Human, Night Elf, Gnome, and Worgen. The only one of those races I could see kind of becoming a Shaman is Human. Which could go against lore, I dunno.

Well there's my opinion, what's yours?

If Goblin can become Shaman so can anybody else, the race restrictions for Shaman are stupid now.

Human almost all armor.looks great on them + racial is awesome that would help a littlebit in pvp too

Human Shaman seems like it would make the best fit IMO.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Courierrawr View Post
    If Goblin can become Shaman so can anybody else, the race restrictions for Shaman are stupid now.
    Now that I think about it, if green money-hungry midgets can become shamans, then I 100% agree with you.

Yes, Humans do look BA in nearly all armor. But I suppose I'll be rolling Male Draenei.

Blood elf or Tauren pallies.
    Dranny dwarf panda shamans.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Blood elf or Tauren pallies.
    Dranny dwarf panda shamans.
    Belf makes sense, Tauren.. Not so much.
    Dwarf Shamans? Lol.
    Panda Shamans? C'mon.

Humans would be cool. I always wanted one.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think Druids, Shamans and Paladins should have much more restricted races.

The rest is more "free for all".
    Last edited by Krekko; 2013-03-03 at 02:14 PM.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

I cant stand alliance races so I made mine panda, I dont regret it

I really cant see any other races for alliance being shaman though unless they added new races in

Well, shamans were originally horde only, so it is only normal for horde races to fit the class better (except for goblins ofc (not counting pandas as horde, they're a joke)).

Personally, dwarves would be the best among their options still. They have some actual shamanistic feel that draenei/pandas do not have (imo).
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how they could give the Alliance a new Shaman race without adding a whole new race.

Humans, Night Elves and Worgen are all races that I don't see becoming Shaman.
    Humans because they're hardly in tune with the elements in the first place, they're mainly go towards the Light or the Arcane.
    Night Elves, while they're close to nature, nature isn't the same as the elements.
    Worgen, pretty much a mix between the Night Elves and Humans in this regard.

I could only see Gnomes being able to become Shaman if they go the same path as Goblins, using machinery to somewhat ''force'' the elements to help them. But that wouldn't really be something to Gnomes would do in the first place.
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

Quote Originally Posted by Spellweaver View Post
    I don't see how they could give the Alliance a new Shaman race without adding a whole new race.

Humans, Night Elves and Worgen are all races that I don't see becoming Shaman.
    Humans because they're hardly in tune with the elements in the first place, they're mainly go towards the Light or the Arcane.
    Night Elves, while they're close to nature, nature isn't the same as the elements.
    Worgen, pretty much a mix between the Night Elves and Humans in this regard.

I could only see Gnomes being able to become Shaman if they go the same path as Goblins, using machinery to somewhat ''force'' the elements to help them. But that wouldn't really be something to Gnomes would do in the first place.
    Basically this. Humans are a society that no longer hold Shamanism as a norm (and may never have) and embrace the Light, that's why they have Paladins and Priests. Trolls, Orcs and Tauren are Shamanistic societies, trading practices among each other to create what is known as the Shaman. Honestly the existence of Panda, Draenei Shaman or Dwarf is questionable in the first place, the latter basically being explained by some backwoods hillbilly shaman Dwarves teaching the other ones to be shaman. So as with the sunwalkers and bloodknights being able to use the same abilities as Alliance Paladins, its just a gameplay convenience that Alliance shaman can use all the same abilities save for the renaming of Bloodlust to Heroism.

Quote Originally Posted by Kritirius View Post
    - Pandaren (male) No. (female) No.

Well there's my opinion, what's yours?
    No way! My (HORDE!) Female Pandaren shaman is awesome...

15+ Year Old Account
    Keeping in mind a few things.

Just because classes in game share abilities doesn't mean they are the exact same thing. For example, troll druids, Tauren Shamans and such.

Some are closer than others but it's just mechanically what needs to be done. A dream would be to one day have the "essence" of the class stay the same but the name of the class change, the spell names change and the dynamics of it change.

But back on topic, they shouldn't just so simply add a new race for a class just to add a new race. Our ever growing desire for variety should not undermine the necessity for some sensical exclusivity.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.

Anyone else tired of their pandaren shaman? I have a male pandaren shaman. He looks awkward in any piece of armor he wears. Most if not all robes and helmets look weird on them. Humans would be a great choice if they were to add a new shaman race. Hell, they would even fit to be druids as well. Give them that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley View Post
    Personally, dwarves would be the best among their options still. They have some actual shamanistic feel that draenei/pandas do not have (imo).
    This. If you go to the Hinterlands or Twilight Highlands there's a lot of dwarves there with shamanistic tattoos on their heads / faces and actually have more of a shamanistic connection than the other races, not so much a massive focus on the elemental spirits as Nobundo is in the Exodar or the horde ones, but they have some connection with the gryphons they rear and the land around them. Occasionally ritualistic. I just wish we could have those tattoos as an option available to dwarves.
    Last edited by Barky; 2013-03-04 at 09:03 AM.
    Raining Pandarens because of the bouncy racial?
    Quote Originally Posted by rokatoro View Post
    Some Might say it was... (•_•).....( •_•)>⌐■-■....(⌐■_■) A heavy Rain.
    I'm so sorry ;_;

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barky View Post
    This. If you go to the Hinterlands or Twilight Highlands there's a lot of shamans living with shamanistic tattoos on their heads / faces and actually have more of a shamanistic connection than the other races. I just wish we could have those tattoos as an option available to dwarves.
    Perhaps with the updated character models we'll se the jump in customization.

I could not see why not, if not immediately, down the road shortly. I can understand them wanting to get the races out and worked out before adding tattoos and such but I'm sure it'll be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    Perhaps with the updated character models we'll se the jump in customization.
    One of the main reasons I'm staying a dwarf because I don't want to spend money changing race to then spend money going back if the model is badass. Plus I like stoneform
    Raining Pandarens because of the bouncy racial?
    Quote Originally Posted by rokatoro View Post
    Some Might say it was... (•_•).....( •_•)>⌐■-■....(⌐■_■) A heavy Rain.
    I'm so sorry ;_;

Considering that Shaman and Paladins were originally faction-specific, it makes sense that the racials for the opposite faction wouldn't be particularly good.

Paladin racials on the horde side are way worse than Shaman racials for Alliance, Alliance clearly has it better in that regard. You also have one more option than the horde does for a race. If anything Horde Paladins need another race before Alliance Shamans do.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer