Page 1 of 25
... LastLast

Smile What race(s) would you want Blizzard to implement?

First, let's establish I really don't want this to spiral into a "GAH WORGEN SUCK" or "I HATE BLOOD ELVES REMOVE THEM" thread. What I'd like to know is, what races have you bumped in to (via reading or in game) and gone "Hey, I'd play that if it were available." Also, why?

A race I'd love to be added would be the Vrykul. I love their animations and lore. I couldn't give you a logical reasoning why they'd become playable, so I very much doubt we ever see it happen.

One I would be interested in seeing (maybe not playing, myself) would be the high elves. They've always been mentioned, but lack an actual unique model... either it's a Night Elf with certain color eyes (I can't remember if it's gold or white) or Blood Elves with blue eyes and a Night Elf voice. I could see them getting integrated into the game as another "pick your faction" race though, not something I was a huge fan of.

Deleted
    High-Elves for Alliance and Mok'Nathal for the horde.

I wouldn't play high elves, i just want blood elfs players to get out of the Horde.

Deleted
    Vrykul... been wanting to play one ever since i saw them in LK...
    They are just awesome.

Honestly i feel this game is starting to have plenty of choices, can't say i was the most fervent fan of Pandaren or Goblin to be playable to begin with, hardly see the point of adding races just for the sake of it.

I'd prefer if they kept evolving, expanding and updating current ones more than anything, races like Draenei, Worgen, Gnomes or even Tauren horde side hardly ever had any time under the sun lorewise. Whats the point of adding a new race and just forgetting its even in the game after its current expansion (or after lvl 15 content in Worgen's case) anyway? :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Honestly i feel this game is starting to have plenty of choices, can't say i was the most fervent fan of Pandaren or Goblin to be playable to begin with, hardly see the point of adding races just for the sake of it.

I'd prefer if they kept evolving, expanding and updating current ones more than anything, races like Draenei, Worgen, Gnomes or even Tauren horde side hardly ever had any time under the sun lorewise. Whats the point of adding a new race and just forgetting its even in the game after its current expansion (or after lvl 15 content in Worgen's case) anyway? :/
    The point is that you can now chose another race, that's all, seriously ...
    Also, a lot of peoples just doesn't care about lore and only pick their race for optimisation or aesthetic.

Deleted
    Vampires that look like humans but sparkle during day like in Twilight. Could be a horde race of like pandas and join both sides.

I'd kill for Ethereals. Trolls with the new Zandalari model would be nice too.

Edit: made it sound like I was asking for ethereal trolls. But that could also work... Give me ethereal trolls.

Honestly while I think playable Ethereals, Aqir, Arakkoa, Ogres, Naga, Sasquatch/yeti/wendigo, Sporelings, Nerubians (of a bipedal breed), and such might be cool they don't strike me as good ideas.

We have lots of races already that don't get the attention they need and while TECHNICALLY adding more races shouldn't be an issue with that, it is since Blizz has limited time/resources to get things out in, plus its writers are kind of weird.
    Twas brillig

High Elves for alliance are on top of my list. Naga and Ethereals I would consider playing too. I'd also like more horde druid races.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Honestly while I think playable Ethereals, Aqir, Arakkoa, Ogres, Naga, Sasquatch/yeti/wendigo, Sporelings, Nerubians (of a bipedal breed), and such might be cool they don't strike me as good ideas.

We have lots of races already that don't get the attention they need and while TECHNICALLY adding more races shouldn't be an issue with that, it is since Blizz has limited time/resources to get things out in, plus its writers are kind of weird.
    Most of the players doesn't care about the attention bringed to their race, it would be cool if thoses races could get some more attention but it isn't NEEDED, that's optional, but i still think that Ethereals, Aqir, Arakkoa, Naga, Sasquatch/yeti/wendigo, sporelings, nerubians and all thoses kind of races are a fucking bad idea coming from peoples fantasies, they do not fit with gear, some of them don't even have a face, theses races are 100% neutral and havn't any link with Horde and Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Most of the players doesn't care about the attention bringed to their race, it would be cool if thoses races could get some more attention but it isn't NEEDED, that's optional, but i still think that Ethereals, Aqir, Arakkoa, Naga, Sasquatch/yeti/wendigo, sporelings, nerubians and all thoses kind of races are a fucking bad idea coming from peoples fantasies, they do not fit with gear, some of them don't even have a face, theses races are 100% neutral and havn't any link with Horde and Alliance.
    I pretty much agree, Naga and Ethereal wouldn't work for a myriad of very obvious reasons.

I mean, sure, if players want to just go for "if I could play as any race ever," I'd just play as a full-blown dragon.

But rooted a bit more in reality... A race that would be nice to see are vrykul, but they've already been pretty much established and would need to be distinguished from humans.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Saurok for Horde. Maybe Jinyu for Alliance. It would make the most sense lore-wise and it would make a nice change from the "elves and furries" dogma Blizzard have had for so many years.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only race I can still see fitting into the game would be ogres for the Horde, personally anything else to me would kind of feel forced (like Naga/Etherals/murlocs, etc). I dont know what Alliance side would get for them.
    I guess hozen and jinyu would also make sense and would be good choices also since they are officially apart of each faction now.
    I suppose maybe having uncorrupted-demons would be interesting, but would probably fit better as a faction group or NPCs.

What I much rather have is sub-races available for each side that are based off of a "prime" race and have similar abilities, but only differentiate with unique bodies/dances/quotes, names for abilities and starting zone quests. These sub races wouldn't be given their own capitals or starting zones, instead they would start out in places already in the game and be given quests early on that will get them on the paths of the "prime" races.

Two examples of what I mean:
    -High Elf for the Alliance. Get to choose between either a Night Elf or High Elf on character screen. NE's start out where they always have, HE's start out in Northshire with the humans or possibly up in the Hinterlands with quests in a phased area that send them to Stormwind. All of the racial bonuses are the same as the Night Elf bonuses, but with different names and maybe different graphics when used, the only difference may be that the High Elves may have a unique class combination that Night Elves dont have and vice versa.
    -Forest Trolls for Horde. Create a troll: pick either Darkspear or Forest. Forest troll starts out in Revantusk Village, takes a boat to Durotar and continues the quests there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still want High Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post

Two examples of what I mean:
    -High Elf for the Alliance. Get to choose between either a Night Elf or High Elf on character screen. NE's start out where they always have, HE's start out in Northshire with the humans or possibly up in the Hinterlands with quests in a phased area that send them to Stormwind. All of the racial bonuses are the same as the Night Elf bonuses, but with different names and maybe different graphics when used, the only difference may be that the High Elves may have a unique class combination that Night Elves dont have and vice versa.
    -Forest Trolls for Horde. Create a troll: pick either Darkspear or Forest. Forest troll starts out in Revantusk Village, takes a boat to Durotar and continues the quests there.
    Thats definitively something i could get behind, adding Wildhammer Dwarves, Brown Orcs, Elven Forsaken, to your examples.

Orges! They have many classes already represented in game. Mage, hunter, warlocks, warrior.... They have a relationship with the Horde.
    Not sure what should be the Alliance race. I could say murlocs or furbols but then Vrykul would be equally Big and imposing like an orge.

I really don't want to play a race that already looks like another race like High Elves or a different species of Troll or Orc. However I wouldn't be opposed to a skin update of eye or skin color. Although, one could argue that Vrykul are just Large Humans however to me they look entirely different.

Deleted
    Vrykul

I don't care how, or why, or for which faction, or even if they are their entire own faction.

I want to play as a god damn vrykul warrior.

Not sure whats the fuss about Vrykuls :/, they're basically barbaric humans. Guess their model is much better than the human ones :/.

HOZEN! I want to ook wickets in their dookers and call them jikkety jooks.