Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I don't think high elves would hurt the horde, I love ALL my races on horde. BUT they could definitely use the player model upgrade. Orc women and taurens are so Lego looking compared to the beautiful goblin and Pandaren models. Also when I have cool facial animations, with hair bouncing around feeling so lively on 1 toon... then I log into my Orc female hunter... or Troll female Druid they feel sooooo static, boring and downright lifeless in comparison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    If the Alliance got High Elves, then the status quo is unchanged. The Alliance will still have pretty races, the horde will still have BElfs and Pandas as pretty races. Plus whatever else they would get from the Alliance in exchange.
    The problem is that people who want pretty races would stay with the faction that has the most pretty races so that they can exchange equipment, gold, and other stuff more easily.

Of course you wouldn't see it immediately, but you would definitely see it over time.

Personally, I don't think we'll see new races next expansion due to the race model updates.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2013-04-27 at 06:08 PM.

Ethereal,Naga,Ogre

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The problem is that people who want pretty races would stay with the faction that has the most pretty races so that they can exchange equipment, gold, and other stuff more easily.

Of course you wouldn't see it immediately, but you would definitely see it over time.

Personally, I don't think we'll see new races next expansion due to the race model updates.
    You just brought up the reason why High Elves could be introduced without shifting the player base over time. The model updates. If the Horde models are done well, then they definitely could retain an even balance. I for one don't play Horde because the races I like are all hunchback. Orcs are very cool, but hunchback Orcs are not IMO.

So when the models change, the status quo could change as well. Hard to say what will happen until we actually see the new models. But, this has to be taken into consideration.

10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Clash1 View Post
    You just brought up the reason why High Elves could be introduced without shifting the player base over time. The model updates. If the Horde models are done well, then they definitely could retain an even balance. I for one don't play Horde because the races I like are all hunchback. Orcs are very cool, but hunchback Orcs are not IMO.

So when the models change, the status quo could change as well. Hard to say what will happen until we actually see the new models. But, this has to be taken into consideration.
    I can support this argument. Troll models look pretty atrocious.

However, for this to happen you need new models first.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can support this argument. Troll models look pretty atrocious.

However, for this to happen you need new models first.
    Vol'jin's new model is pretty nice

10+ Year Old Account
    It just occurred to me one thing, which is probably stupid but ...

Since Blizzard is updating the models, what job would cost to make two slightly different models of elves? ones for the blood elves and others for the high elves ...

That would be feasible ...

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    No. They wouldn't. ONE such race did a lot to counter the population imbalance. The Horde would have at least three 'pretty' races should this idea occur. Plus players more established in the faction.

Which would be a good reason to suggest Blizzard implement a quick and cheap addition such as this. The alternative would be a new class.

EJL

Deleted
    Murlocs for life

I'd like to see the Alliance get High Elves.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    It just occurred to me one thing, which is probably stupid but ...

Since Blizzard is updating the models, what job would cost to make two slightly different models of elves? ones for the blood elves and others for the high elves ...

That would be feasible ...
    That was my first thought when they said they would take a look at the draenei and blood elf models but after the vanilla models.

Not a huge fan of adding old world races into the factions. I'd like to see some guys that come out of no where. Ogres, high elves, and murlocs just seem to be steps backwards. If the next expansion really is Burning Legion, lets see some new demons, maybe a group that dissents or an experimentation gone wrong, just something "new" from a lore and appearance perspective.

High elves or vrykul for alliance, saurok/drakonoid or some kind of reptilian race for any faction. I'd definitely like to see a reptilian race more than the other two.

I feel like I post this once a week >_<
    Ogre and Hozen for the Horde.
    Furbolg and Jinyu for the Alliance.
    And of course there are sub races/re skins...high elves, revantusk, taunka, kurenai, ect....

10+ Year Old Account
    Naga, ethereals and vrykul. Never going to happen imo, but would like, yes.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

I'd be ok with Alliance (finally) getting their High Elves if the Horde could get something equally cool, such as the Nathrezim. It would tie in perfectly with the new Burning Legion theme. Alleria coming back and rejoining the Alliance, and her High Elves. The Horde gets a faction of the Nathrezim to join them and help overcome the Legion. Boom, everyone is happy.

If they made Draenei work they can make the Nathrezim just as well.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i think the hozen/jinyu are a one-off race for pandaria like the oracles/frenzyheart conflict for northrend

http://ogrila.org/ Ogres, neutral like Pandaren, nuff said!
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

Horde ogres, Alliance naga. All other answers are invalid.