Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Going for golds and going for top times is like 2 different worlds appart.
    Even still there are downtimes of movement that Hunters have no problem catching up to. I've gone for times before. I'm not completely clueless here.

    Still blown out of proportion.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by l4808 View Post
    biggest annoyance, would definitely be in challenge modes. There are a lot of situations where you have no other choice than dismissing your pet
    What? In challenge modes, alot of situations you cant think of anything to do but to change pets? Really? Hunters have 10000 buttons to push for a myriad of situations and the only thing on your mind is how you can circumvent DR rules?

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I respectfully disagree about the game changer.. It is in fact a very dramatic game changer. But then it is just another one of the countless examples where PVP changes interfere with the gameplay of people who don't give a rats ass about Arena at all....
    I don't blame the players tho... I blame Blizzard and it's inconsistency. The consequent solution for pet dismiss/swaps would be to ban them entirely in Arenas. The players need to choose before the fight starts.
    One second does not sound a lot, at first... But in PVE, I've been able to prevent a wipe times and again, by dismissing my dps pet and call out my tank pet. Often that action is a very close call. One more second will have an impact on whether the healer still lives and I can pull the target off of him soon enough.
    If anything at all, I'd loved to see the dismissing time rather removed at all. But that's from a PVE viewpoint.
    You dismissed your DPS pet and called out a tanking pet to save the raid? What was this a level 60 dungeon? A pet no matter what spec will get 1hit by any max level boss.

    And just because a skilled Hunter can swap pets to do more CC does it mean they should be allowed to? Skill shouldn't equal power to the point where having skill gives you unlimited power.

  4. #24
    Stood in the Fire Queen Ultima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ireland, home of the Potato, Whisky, Drunks and Drunk Fighting Tournaments
    Posts
    485
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    One second does not sound a lot, at first... But in PVE, I've been able to prevent a wipe times and again, by dismissing my dps pet and call out my tank pet. Often that action is a very close call. One more second will have an impact on whether the healer still lives and I can pull the target off of him soon enough.
    If anything at all, I'd loved to see the dismissing time rather removed at all. But that's from a PVE viewpoint.
    That's the thing though, excuse me for saying it, but if a pet (especially with a margin of one second) is the only thing to prevent a wipe then surely that situation was going to warrent a wipe without said Hunter, so the pet being able to tank is a bonus (on par with a Warlock happening to have the DA glyph, or a warrior happening to have a 1h + shield and going into defense stance) that shouldn't be balanced around. At least, my 2 cents.

  5. #25
    Titan Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    12,241
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    You dismissed your DPS pet and called out a tanking pet to save the raid? What was this a level 60 dungeon? A pet no matter what spec will get 1hit by any max level boss.

    And just because a skilled Hunter can swap pets to do more CC does it mean they should be allowed to? Skill shouldn't equal power to the point where having skill gives you unlimited power.
    To the first. I said the Healer, not the healers... I referred to 5 mans rather than raids.
    To the second, I would say for PVE, yes.. For PVP no. I stated my view about that. Hunters should chose which pet to take into an Arena setting. No swapping allowed. Would it suck? Maybe, on occasion. But it sure would make things more interesting.

  6. #26
    Herald of the Titans Asrialol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Hunter Forums <3
    Posts
    2,666
    I'm honestly more surprised about him calling pet swapping in PvP for "dumb". How is this dumb? It's actually quite clever and it promotes better gameplay for Hunters in PvP.

    Oh well. Don't really care about the PvE change.

  7. #27
    There was a time back when we had Call of the Wild, where if you were unable to DPS the boss, or there was about to be a giant dps boost for some reason, you would dismiss your pet, and summon a new one for another Call of the Wild, examples of this was Sinestra or Alysrazor.

    Now with that said, it is not a bug, but it wasn't intended to work that way most likely.

    As for not being there for challenge modes.. well, I guess this is part of "utilizing" your class, but this is a change across the board, affecting everyone equally, and if the it's really THAT important to get another pet ability, 1 second extra isn't gonna make or break it.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill
    Stream (Thursday 19:45) | Guild Website

  8. #28
    this is what is killing the game. The devs don't even play the game anymore. They just see the pile of whining bad PvPers on the offical forums and bow to their QQ. They don't care about what is good for the game they just want to shut the loud little kids.


    The devs need to be required to play every class constantly. So that balance does get as terrible as it is now. You have cloth users in game what have no defences then a full blown tank. No clothie should be able to "tank" a player in PvP. The game is slowly going to shit and its because they care more about silencing internet QQ then doing what i best for the game.

    The proff is in looking how the actual players think of their massive changes.. Like CRZ the majority of the playerbase hates it... its talked about and talked about but the devs thought it was a good idea to further destroy small servers. On top of that they are too pis heaed to realized it was a fucking stupid idea so they simply pretend people like it.

    Seriously this is what happens when a dev team stop playing their game.

  9. #29
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Brawl Pub
    Posts
    3,578
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazzia View Post
    So much complaining!
    I clear 16/16 hc with one pet - Hyena. There's absolutely no reason to switch pet in combat either. (Casttime doesn't matter out of combat)
    I start H-Sha with one pet based on potential group splits, possibly change if the split isn't as expected (IE, all the melee haste goes away and I need my hyena), and then switch to a tallstrider for phase 2. Maybe you're a 25 man hunter, but I play in a 10 man where I am often providing an essential buff/debuff. Sometimes, in BM, I need to switch to a Quilin to brezz, or a Corehound to heroism, because we don't have the coverage otherwise.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    this is what is killing the game. The devs don't even play the game anymore. They just see the pile of whining bad PvPers on the offical forums and bow to their QQ. They don't care about what is good for the game they just want to shut the loud little kids.
    Interesting. And what evidence do you have of this, other than you don't like what they're doing? Let me guess, it's horrible and you could do a better job?

    The devs need to be required to play every class constantly. So that balance does get as terrible as it is now.
    They, you know, do. But I'm sure I'll get the inevitable "BALANCE IS HORRIBLE, YOU'RE WRONG!" argument.

    You have cloth users in game what have no defences then a full blown tank. No clothie should be able to "tank" a player in PvP.
    And what theoretical scenario is this, exactly? A Disc Priest healing through a DK? A clothie should be able to survive, but should obviously prefer to not bend over immediately when getting melee'd.

    The game is slowly going to shit and its because they care more about silencing internet QQ then doing what i best for the game.
    You mean it's not the worst game ever, and always has been? That may be how you feel, but it's not how it works.

    The proff is in looking how the actual players think of their massive changes.. Like CRZ the majority of the playerbase hates it... its talked about and talked about but the devs thought it was a good idea to further destroy small servers. On top of that they are too pis heaed to realized it was a fucking stupid idea so they simply pretend people like it.
    What? Okay, so... you know how there are thousands of people complaining on the forums? You know who aren't posting? Those who enjoy it. Those that don't mind it. The "vocal majority" aren't the majority of players, they're the ones that hate it the most. Most WoW players don't think "Oh man, this feature is so awesome, I better go on the forum and post 'This is awesome! Thanks Blizzard!'". They stay in-game and play.

    Seriously this is what happens when a dev team stop playing their game.
    This is what happens when people care far too much about a game and process that they know nothing about. You have absolutely nothing to back your claims up other than totally subjective opinions. The only thing that is even minutely close to evidence is things such as DKs being absurdly OP in Season X, but it's more layered than just "GC KNOWS NOTHING, THEY DON'T PLAY, GAME IS SHIT".

  11. #31
    Stood in the Fire Caribald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    373
    Nerf to hunters in 10 man, in challenge modes and in soloing. If they would at LEAST make the cast time scale with haste I would be somewhat ok with this...
    RetiredBack these days, not as a raider though. Hunter known for World first Algalon solo.
    My Youtube channel with hunter solo kills
    Armory profile

  12. #32
    Herald of the Titans Asrialol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Hunter Forums <3
    Posts
    2,666
    Quote Originally Posted by Caribald View Post
    Nerf to hunters in 10 man, in challenge modes and in soloing. If they would at LEAST make the cast time scale with haste I would be somewhat ok with this...
    Algalon will be happy with this change mon.

    Seriously though. I might as well just abandon pet and just remember to tame a ton of turtles every day.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Neither of you guys did top ranked Challenge Mode time runs or PvP i see, thanks for your informed opinion.
    So if you sneeze during a CM, you restart? That's about a second wasted right there.
    It's almost always the wrong argument to compare yourself to the highest DPS specs out there. "Middle of the pack" is actually where everyone is supposed to be. -Ghostcrawler
    DPS Tuning
    •Yes, this is a roller coaster. Our process is to try things out and iterate if we don't like them. If the churn offends you, just hang on for another week or two.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by hamsterbom View Post
    So if you sneeze during a CM, you restart? That's about a second wasted right there.
    I think it's safe to say that most Hunters doing CMs seriously are capable of doing their rotation and movement through a sneeze.

    We're talking about a change being made for the express purpose of delaying a Hunter action. The concern of it having an impact in the context of a timed mode is understandable -- especially when this tweak is being made purely for PVP. The reasoning behind the decision is questionable, and the solution they're going forward with is harmful to other aspects of gameplay. No amount of "You're terrible if this change hurts your ability to play in CMs" is going to change that.

    3DS Friendcode: 0705 - 3279 - 0173
    Add me for Pokemon / Bravely Default
    Trainer Name: Bazlyn

  15. #35
    To be concerned is understandable, but like it or not if you are losing a CM bacause one out of five players waste a second you have bigger problems.
    It's almost always the wrong argument to compare yourself to the highest DPS specs out there. "Middle of the pack" is actually where everyone is supposed to be. -Ghostcrawler
    DPS Tuning
    •Yes, this is a roller coaster. Our process is to try things out and iterate if we don't like them. If the churn offends you, just hang on for another week or two.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by hamsterbom View Post
    So if you sneeze during a CM, you restart? That's about a second wasted right there.
    A second where you're fully able to push a button. DUH :<

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-04 at 02:14 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    I think it's safe to say that most Hunters doing CMs seriously are capable of doing their rotation and movement through a sneeze.

    We're talking about a change being made for the express purpose of delaying a Hunter action. The concern of it having an impact in the context of a timed mode is understandable -- especially when this tweak is being made purely for PVP. The reasoning behind the decision is questionable, and the solution they're going forward with is harmful to other aspects of gameplay. No amount of "You're terrible if this change hurts your ability to play in CMs" is going to change that.
    Good post! Sums it all up, should forward to Ghostcrawler.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Caribald View Post
    Nerf to hunters in 10 man, in challenge modes and in soloing. If they would at LEAST make the cast time scale with haste I would be somewhat ok with this...
    Well I guess there go my dreams of soloing Dreamwalker in 25 man mode, like, ever! I did it pre-5.2 on 10 man normal, then did it post patch to record the video and struggled (even though I had better gear -> increased RAP -> increased spirit mend healing). Never even thought about the dismiss pet timer cos there was so much else to worry about but now I know why it still seemed barely manageable!

    Another classic example of Blizzard not thinking things through properly.

    Btw Caribald do you solo all of ICC25 to get to LK 25 heroic, or do u get help with Dreamwalker? Is Gunship soloable on 25 man? Sorry to sound like a noob I only just conquered it all on 10 man

    Your vids are great btw.
    Maplebunny.

  18. #38
    "Barely notice" seems an accurate way to sum up the impact in PVE.

    Yes it might affect CMs but that's because literally everything can affect CMs. Deal with it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maplebunny View Post
    Well I guess there go my dreams of soloing Dreamwalker in 25 man mode, like, ever! I did it pre-5.2 on 10 man normal, then did it post patch to record the video and struggled (even though I had better gear -> increased RAP -> increased spirit mend healing). Never even thought about the dismiss pet timer cos there was so much else to worry about but now I know why it still seemed barely manageable!

    Another classic example of Blizzard not thinking things through properly.
    Soloing is not supported gameplay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  19. #39
    Pandaren Monk Solzan Nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Posts
    1,944
    I forgot about this intel now. I guise I just never notes, causing me to forgot about it.

  20. #40
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    518
    Hate this change, should have been moved the other way (< providing 3 buffs in raids somtimes >.<)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •