Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    "Barely notice" seems an accurate way to sum up the impact in PVE.

Yes it might affect CMs but that's because literally everything can affect CMs. Deal with it.

Soloing is not supported gameplay.

Soloing is not supported gameplay? You are wrong.

Why did Blizzard alter fights such as Razorgore in BWL and Gunship Battle in Icecrown specifically so they could be soloed, if soloing is unsupported gameplay?

Maplebunny.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by l4808 View Post
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...86064012541952

As everyone understood, the change is meant to avoid pet switching, for refreshed pet cooldowns, in arenas. Now, thinking that anyone who doesn't play pvp won't really notice any change, is just dumb.

I rarely pvp nowadays, but dismiss pet is a spell that I, just like most other hunters, use a lot more than it seems like some guys at blizzard think we do..

biggest annoyance, would definitely be in challenge modes. There are a lot of situations where you have no other choice than dismissing your pet, increasing the cast time by 50% will be a bigger annoyance than some people would admit.

Would be cool if they could just prevent hunters from being able to summon any other pet than that they start an arena match with.

(yeees, that extra second whenever I want out of a combat so that I can mount up, pop an invis potion, FD before boss slaps me, will annoy the crap outta me. If it won't annoy you, congrats.)
    this man,is the only solution to bring balance between pvp and pve and any other class:"Dismiss Pet:Pve effect,2sec cast,Pvp effect:3 sec cast" if they apply this to every other spell,well wow will shine again:^

Quote Originally Posted by Mettimo View Post
    this man,is the only solution to bring balance between pvp and pve and any other class:"Dismiss Pet:Pve effect,2sec cast,Pvp effect:3 sec cast" if they apply this to every other spell,well wow will shine again:^
    Personally I really get fed up of PVE nerfs for the sake of PVP.
    PVE was in this game before battlegrounds, why must PVE always suffer?

"We'll never notice in PVE". Extreme solo hunters would disagree massively!

Extreme soloing helps keep old content alive and extends its sell-by date. I would have thought this is something Blizzard would want to encourage.
    For all I care they can make dismiss pet 10 seconds in PVP if they'll just bring it back to 2 seconds in PVE.

If they want to mess with this stuff in arena, then make it arena-only!!!!

I would be okay with it in PvE if it weren't for the fact that a passive pet still picks up aggro. I don't understand why they changed that.

Hunter gets aggro, pet is on passive, hunter feigns death.....mob(s) attack pet.
    You have to dismiss the pet then feign to get out of combat (annoying when you're stuck in combat with nothing)

It's definitely annoying. When we're on a progression boss and they've called a wipe, my self-appointed duty is to dismiss my pet, find a likely spot, and feign death. That extra second is several mental instants of hell. Honestly I'd rather they apply a hidden debuff to the hunter that prevents pets from casting their special ability if it's a different type than that of the first buff, until combat is over. Or something. Ancient Hysteria would need to be excluded from this check.

Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    It's definitely annoying. When we're on a progression boss and they've called a wipe, my self-appointed duty is to dismiss my pet, find a likely spot, and feign death. That extra second is several mental instants of hell. Honestly I'd rather they apply a hidden debuff to the hunter that prevents pets from casting their special ability if it's a different type than that of the first buff, until combat is over. Or something. Ancient Hysteria would need to be excluded from this check.
    How hard would it really be for Dismiss Pet to have 3 second cast time in BG and arena, and 2 seconds whilst outside of BG and arena?

Just another example of knee-jerk solution to "nerf hunter *cry cry cry*" whine posts of PVPers, without applying the slightest thought of how it might affect PVE.

Maple.

Quote Originally Posted by Maplebunny View Post
    How hard would it really be for Dismiss Pet to have 3 second cast time in BG and arena, and 2 seconds whilst outside of BG and arena?

Just another example of knee-jerk solution to "nerf hunter *cry cry cry*" whine posts of PVPers, without applying the slightest thought of how it might affect PVE.

Maple.
    They don't really like the concept of spells that say "Does this! except in bg/arena"

The only mechanics right now that work like this are consumables that aren't allowed in PVP, spells with long cooldowns, and spells that say outright "Not castable on players"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    I don't understand peoples concern with this change, how often do you really need to dismiss your pet in a situation where the 1 second cast will have a big impact on your gameplay. It's not like you can't dismiss pet anymore, it's 1 extra second on the cast and you're all acting like Hunters are being deleted or some shit.
    It was an unneeded change. A waste of time in all honesty. That's why we're cranky about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanochan View Post
    It was an unneeded change. A waste of time in all honesty. That's why we're cranky about it.
    It was 3 seconds back in BC and we all survived.

Soloing is not supported gameplay? You are wrong.

Why did Blizzard alter fights such as Razorgore in BWL and Gunship Battle in Icecrown specifically so they could be soloed, if soloing is unsupported gameplay?

Maplebunny.
    Blizzard altered those fights for transmog reasons. You can solo anything in the game right now on normal. Normal and heroic gear looks the same. Doing instances on heroic mode is just pointless and a waste of time.

"We'll never notice in PVE". Extreme solo hunters would disagree massively!

Extreme soloing helps keep old content alive and extends its sell-by date. I would have thought this is something Blizzard would want to encourage.
    For all I care they can make dismiss pet 10 seconds in PVP if they'll just bring it back to 2 seconds in PVE.
    I have no idea what you're talking about. You doing an instance by yourself does not keep old content alive. Transmog items keep old content alive, you doing ICC25 heroic by yourself does not keep old content alive, because that serves virtually no purpose.

Also Blizzard doesn't spells to have differences between PvP and PvE.

This really isn't a big deal, no idea why people are acting like it is. The only thing it impacts (slightly) is challenge modes for PvE. In heroics/raids/scenarios this has zero impact and in challenge modes the impact is minor. It's a good PvP change, however, and as such was a good overall change. No impact in PvE, and a needed nerf in PvP.

The extra second is incredibly annoying after the dagger nerf

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    This really isn't a big deal, no idea why people are acting like it is. The only thing it impacts (slightly) is challenge modes for PvE. In heroics/raids/scenarios this has zero impact and in challenge modes the impact is minor. It's a good PvP change, however, and as such was a good overall change. No impact in PvE, and a needed nerf in PvP.
    Lf info how u do so it got no impact in raiding.
    Im losing almost 10sec of dps to this (Switching pets for buffs), or mby its pointless to buff a raid?

Already thought the casttime to remove pet was stupid, now its just so much worse :/

Blizzard altered those fights for transmog reasons. You can solo anything in the game right now on normal. Normal and heroic gear looks the same. Doing instances on heroic mode is just pointless and a waste of time.
    Heroic gear and normal gear does NOT look the same in every instance. Firelands gear, just as an example.
    Doing instances on heroic mode is pointless? Until they add Invincible to the loot table of the Lich King on normal mode as well as heroic, it's far from pointless.

I have no idea what you're talking about. You doing an instance by yourself does not keep old content alive. Transmog items keep old content alive, you doing ICC25 heroic by yourself does not keep old content alive, because that serves virtually no purpose.
    As explained Transmog gear is only part of the attraction. There's mounts, pets, and a pleasant challenge.

Also Blizzard doesn't spells to have differences between PvP and PvE.
    No? Then I just imagined that the Shado-Pan Assault trinket as of Apr 10 hotfix now grants less agility in PVP than PVE, did I?

PLENTY of impact in PVE, with respect, have you listened to anything that's been said here?

There are ways to nerf this in PVP without this impact on PVE.

Maple.

---------- Post added 2013-04-11 at 09:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BergErr View Post
    Im losing almost 10sec of dps to this (Switching pets for buffs), or mby its pointless to buff a raid?

Already thought the casttime to remove pet was stupid, now its just so much worse :/

It seems that the issue here is that something that was fine and perfectly balanced in PVE, was overpowered in PVP (arena/bgs).

The knee-jerk fix was to nerf it for both, so as is often the case, the PVE side of things has been unfairly nerfed to pamper to PVP whiners.

I submit that whichever fix needs applying to balance PVP should be re-thought so as not to hurt PVE.

Dismiss pet has been 2 seconds for eight+ years, I fail to see why it needs changing NOW.

Maple.
    Last edited by Maplebunny; 2013-04-11 at 09:41 PM.

Deleted
    @ maple while blizzard can indeed fix stuff for pvp they usually do that as a very last resort which in my book is a shame if they'd just split pve/pvp alot of bs would be gone

Their excuse is that it would confuse people since the spell does something different in pvp than in pve while it's just fine that cc and certain other debuffs behave completely different in pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Cyb3r View Post
    maple while blizzard can indeed fix stuff for pvp they usually do that as a very last resort which in my book is a shame if they'd just split pve/pvp alot of bs would be gone

Their excuse is that it would confuse people since the spell does something different in pvp than in pve while it's just fine that cc and certain other debuffs behave completely different in pvp

Actually what they should have done as a last resort is blanket nerf a skill for both PVP and PVE for a problem that related to PVP only. But they seem to have done that as a knee-jerk first resort.

If they don't want to make the spell different for PVP and PVE, why not simply disallow dismiss pet in arenaBG? You choose your pet when you go in. You stick with that same pet throughout. I believe this is the case for Warlocks so seems sensible it should be the case for hunters.

Then the utilities are not nerfed in PVE raiding, challenge modes and extreme soloing - they absolutely did not need to be nerfed in this regard and it's YET AGAIN a side-effect of the PVP-whiners.

Maple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    this is what is killing the game. The devs don't even play the game anymore. They just see the pile of whining bad PvPers on the offical forums and bow to their QQ. They don't care about what is good for the game they just want to shut the loud little kids.

The devs need to be required to play every class constantly. So that balance does get as terrible as it is now. You have cloth users in game what have no defences then a full blown tank. No clothie should be able to "tank" a player in PvP. The game is slowly going to shit and its because they care more about silencing internet QQ then doing what i best for the game.

The proff is in looking how the actual players think of their massive changes.. Like CRZ the majority of the playerbase hates it... its talked about and talked about but the devs thought it was a good idea to further destroy small servers. On top of that they are too pis heaed to realized it was a fucking stupid idea so they simply pretend people like it.

Seriously this is what happens when a dev team stop playing their game.
    +1 QQ ftw nowdays
    "omg hunter have so many cc they keep swap pets to get extra cc that so op pls blizzard nerf it"
    GC came with 3sec dismiss shame on him
    now my idea that we can cast dismiss while moving ?! any thoughts ?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    If they don't want to make the spell different for PVP and PVE, why not simply disallow dismiss pet in arenaBG? You choose your pet when you go in. You stick with that same pet throughout. I believe this is the case for Warlocks so seems sensible it should be the case for hunters.
    This is not the case for warlocks. they can actually swap pets instantly as affliction, and their instant pet rez is NINE minutes shorter cooldown for all specs.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by BergErr View Post

You really think it is intended that one class brings all raid buffs? Hunter pets got the majority of buff to fill holes, not to be the sole buffer in a raid full of paladins or something. If your raid requires you to switch between 5 different pets every 2 minutes to keep buff up, you have bigger problems than a longer dismiss timer.

I dismiss my pet about once a day, if even that (PvE only).

It never gets stuck unless i mis-manage it (don't use blink strike in pvE), so keep an eye on wtf your pet is doing or do not play a pet class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    This is not the case for warlocks. they can actually swap pets instantly as affliction, and their instant pet rez is NINE minutes shorter cooldown for all specs.
    To be fair, swapping pets as Affli means using up a resource that only comes about once a minute, Demo's instant summon puts all demons on a 2 min CD (and you wouldn't want anything but Felguard in most cases) and Destro can only ressurect their previous pet, not any new ones. In general, locks have to sacrifice their resource to ressurect their demons, and demons have less varied utility than Hunter pets.

To be honest, I don't see the PvE concern. If your raid group doesn't have the buffs required and forcing you to change buffs, frankly that's crazy raid composition.