Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

5.3 Hunter buffs

Aspect of the Hawk The Hunter takes on the aspects of a hawk, increasing ranged attack power by (15% old) 25%. Only one Aspect can be active at a time. Instant. 1 sec cooldown.

Beast Cleave After you Multi-Shot, your pet's melee attacks also strike all other nearby enemy targets for (30% old) 75% as much for the next 4 sec. Hunter - Beast Mastery Spec.

Bombardment Your critical hits with Multi-Shot cause your Multi-Shot to cost 20 less Focus and cause (30% old) 60% additional damage for 5 sec. Hunter - Marksmanship Spec.

The only question though is, is it enough?

Also DB change, looks pretty good for BM.

Edit:
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...15898811514881
    Twitter confirming it's coming in 5.3 and is not a hotfix
    Last edited by Sarthed; 2013-04-13 at 12:15 AM.

Blink strike is also becoming like the Shammy enhance move where they can attack from 30yrds range also increases the damage of auto attacks (the wording on this sounds like its active all the time?) and when used teleports the pet to the target,

Edit: (Blink Strike Causes your pet to instantly teleport behind an enemy target up to 40 yards away from your pet and inflict 600% normal damage) Your pet's Basic Attacks deal 50% increased damage, can now be used from 30 yards away, and will instantly teleport them behind their target. Hunter - LvL 75 Talent. 100 yd range. Instant. 20 sec cooldown.
    Last edited by DarkPhoenix; 2013-04-12 at 01:27 AM.

I hope these buffs stick, I honestly think it's enough.

Also that Blink Strike change is very very interesting.

I have my doubts about that Aspect buff staying that high come release time but if it does then that's fantastic.

New blink strike. Sounds really good.

That aspect buff <3
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

/sigh Dat bandaid.

Why not just bake the +10% AotH buff into all our shots?
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was it needed? Yes.

Was it expected? Yes.

Is it too late in the tier for it? Yes.

The same thing happened in DS. You'd think they would be faster to react to imbalances. Still waiting on Lock nerfs...

Quote Originally Posted by Conjor View Post
    Was it needed? Yes.

Was it expected? Yes.

The same thing happened in DS. You'd think they would be faster to react to imbalances. Still waiting on Lock nerfs...
    I don't think Blizz does actual hard nerfing anymore at all for DPS, or very rarely.

Having an option for a passive talent instead of Blink Strike will probably make many people happy, wonder if it ends up being stronger then Crows.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    I don't think Blizz does actual hard nerfing anymore at all for DPS, or very rarely.

Having an option for a passive talent instead of Blink Strike will probably make many people happy, wonder if it ends up being stronger then Crows.
    I am really hoping for that as BM. Would like to use something else than crows.

10+ Year Old Account
    If these changes stay, I'm going to be a very happy hunter.

Deleted
    Lazy frikkin r-tards, instead of fixing our SCALING they keep buffing serpent sting by 100% or Buffing aspect of the hawk, standard blizzard actions. nothing new.
    /facepalm

Holy damn, 75% for BC? wasn't it only like 50% before? I honestly can't remember the changes to it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conjor View Post
    Was it needed? Yes.

Was it expected? No.

Fixed.

10% more AP is quite good, I hope they dont revert it or cut it to only 20%.

Waiting for warlock and nether tempest nerfs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    Lazy frikkin r-tards, instead of fixing our SCALING they keep buffing serpent sting by 100% or Buffing aspect of the hawk, standard blizzard actions. nothing new.
    /facepalm
    Buffing Aspect of the Hawk does buff scaling, every point of AP you get from gear is now 10% better, which means that you scale with AP 10% faster.

Probably worth noting that the Blink Strike change doubles as a PvP burst nerf. Instead of getting 50-60k Blink Strike crits timed up with Powershot it'll be more constant damage. Very good changes all around, not sure if the Hawk change will stay though. Probably going to get changed to 20%. Still a 5% buff, but not as much of a change.

This is great news, but they really need to fix hunters once and for all.

Blink Strike is a PvP burst nerf. Much needed.

RIP pvp burst

a 50% buff to my pets basic attacks is ~5500 dps

crows does ~6000 dps, but now I can fill that extra focus and gcds into arcane shots sooo hopefully?
    Last edited by Danshot; 2013-04-12 at 02:15 AM.

I really wish these changes had gone live with 5.2. Hunters are performing poorly compared to the other 3 pures on pretty much every heroic fight. So jealous of locks and mages that have multiple specs that outperform hunters in both single and multi-target fights, while hunters are pretty much stuck with SV for majority of heroic fights doing way less damage.