Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Dismiss pet 3 seconds, "You'll barely notice it in pve," Ghostcrawler

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...86064012541952

As everyone understood, the change is meant to avoid pet switching, for refreshed pet cooldowns, in arenas. Now, thinking that anyone who doesn't play pvp won't really notice any change, is just dumb.

I rarely pvp nowadays, but dismiss pet is a spell that I, just like most other hunters, use a lot more than it seems like some guys at blizzard think we do..

biggest annoyance, would definitely be in challenge modes. There are a lot of situations where you have no other choice than dismissing your pet, increasing the cast time by 50% will be a bigger annoyance than some people would admit.

Would be cool if they could just prevent hunters from being able to summon any other pet than that they start an arena match with.

(yeees, that extra second whenever I want out of a combat so that I can mount up, pop an invis potion, FD before boss slaps me, will annoy the crap outta me. If it won't annoy you, congrats.)

They could just put our pet abilities on a shared cooldown, but no that would take effort so here's a bandaid.
    the story of every hunter nerf/change ever.

Deleted
    It's not a game changer but like you said it aint half bloody annoying. It's as if they're not aware how buggy and easily stuck pets get

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    They could just put our pet abilities on a shared cooldown, but no that would take effort so here's a bandaid.
    the story of every hunter nerf/change ever.
    The issue mentioned in the tweet is changing pets to get a CC on a different DR. The only way to solve that would be to have all pets with CC have the exact same ability. Now wouldn't that be boring?

Again a more elegant solution would be to have the cast time increased only while in the arena / rbgs but blizzard is lazy.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

I don't understand peoples concern with this change, how often do you really need to dismiss your pet in a situation where the 1 second cast will have a big impact on your gameplay. It's not like you can't dismiss pet anymore, it's 1 extra second on the cast and you're all acting like Hunters are being deleted or some shit.

GC is completely correct in saying you will barely notice it in PvE.

calling QQ just for the sake of QQ here.

So, if i accidentally call the wrong pet I'll spend an extra second preparing before a pull? The least of my worries.

It's an indirect nerf to CM's imo. I'm surprised nobody has brought that up yet - I guess I'm one of the only few that do them for top times.

Yes, this probably won't affect the majority of hunters, as it's safe to say most are done after getting their golds.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    It's an indirect nerf to CM's imo. I'm surprised nobody has brought that up yet - I guess I'm one of the only few that do them for top times.

Yes, this probably won't affect the majority of hunters, as it's safe to say most are done after getting their golds.
    It's literally mentioned in the OP.

Also, agreed with the person who said people are blowing this WAY out of proportion.

Probably one of the must dumb/uncalled for change they made in a while, even in PvP. Besides top rated PvPers will still use abandon script macros anyway (wich aren't touched).

3 seconds really isn't that long when you consider that it was 2 seconds. If that 1 more second is game breaking to you then there is probably a lot more going to wrong than a 1 second cast time.

So much complaining!
    I clear 16/16 hc with one pet - Hyena. There's absolutely no reason to switch pet in combat either. (Casttime doesn't matter out of combat)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilkie View Post
    It's not a game changer but like you said it aint half bloody annoying. It's as if they're not aware how buggy and easily stuck pets get
    I respectfully disagree about the game changer.. It is in fact a very dramatic game changer. But then it is just another one of the countless examples where PVP changes interfere with the gameplay of people who don't give a rats ass about Arena at all....
    I don't blame the players tho... I blame Blizzard and it's inconsistency. The consequent solution for pet dismiss/swaps would be to ban them entirely in Arenas. The players need to choose before the fight starts.
    One second does not sound a lot, at first... But in PVE, I've been able to prevent a wipe times and again, by dismissing my dps pet and call out my tank pet. Often that action is a very close call. One more second will have an impact on whether the healer still lives and I can pull the target off of him soon enough.
    If anything at all, I'd loved to see the dismissing time rather removed at all. But that's from a PVE viewpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    3 seconds really isn't that long when you consider that it was 2 seconds. If that 1 more second is game breaking to you then there is probably a lot more going to wrong than a 1 second cast time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzia View Post
    So much complaining!
    I clear 16/16 hc with one pet - Hyena. There's absolutely no reason to switch pet in combat either. (Casttime doesn't matter out of combat)
    Neither of you guys did top ranked Challenge Mode time runs or PvP i see, thanks for your informed opinion.

Only problem is if the pet bugs out on a raid encounter, but it's been a while since that has happened as far as I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Neither of you guys did top ranked Challenge Mode time runs or PvP i see, thanks for your informed opinion.
    In every CM Gold situation I've had to dismiss a pet, it would've been possible to start doing so 1 second earlier without question.

Quote Originally Posted by buttnut129 View Post
    In every CM Gold situation I've had to dismiss a pet, it would've been possible to start doing so 1 second earlier without question.
    Going for golds and going for top times is like 2 different worlds appart.

Taming things like Deth'tilac just became oh so much harder unless you use an abandon macro to completely destroy your pet. >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Going for golds and going for top times is like 2 different worlds appart.
    Even still there are downtimes of movement that Hunters have no problem catching up to. I've gone for times before. I'm not completely clueless here.

Still blown out of proportion.