Deleted

Post Elemental shaman dps problems

I have got an elemental shaman and I think my dps is really weak.
    Here is my character: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/arathor/Kaelyn/advanced

My dps on raid dummy with only self buffs = 48.442 Dps // no potions, no CDs, no flask, no well feeds; with CDs 54k for a short time.
    And with that gear I would make more damage...

I use this rotation: noxxic.com/wow/pve/shaman/elemental/dps-rotation-and-cooldowns
    Recount details: i47.tinypic.com/517id.**********
    ****** = jpg

I ask for your help to show me what's wrong with me
    Last edited by mmocfd328e0b6e; 2013-02-28 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dhru View Post
    I ask your help to show me what's wrong with me
    I know, for one thing.. The Vial of Ichorous Blood is not good for you.. If you can, grind out your dominance offensive/ shieldwall dailies in order to get that raw haste/intellect use trinket. It's so stupidly good for elemental, that you've just gotta get it.

Deleted
    I know that's a wrong trinket, but I haven't got enough valor to get that and I cannot collect that much valor until 5.2.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure this won't be the only issue, but at a glance, your LvB dmg seems too low, almost 50% of my damage comes from LvB.
    Be sure to focus on getting the best up-time and use out of ascendance and other CDs.

Just double-checked the recount screenshot, I noticed the overall abilities listed includes miniscule 17 LvBs, with overload and echo, that can be done in one 15sec ascendance, multiple times over.

Try logging a proper fight, or at least sit on the dummies for 6-10 minutes to get a better idea of what's going wrong. It really doesn't look to me like it's possible that that report represents execution the basic priority system shown in your noxxic link.
    Last edited by Kaga; 2013-02-28 at 01:43 PM.
    Kaga, raid leader of Shafted, Ragnaros-EU.

Deleted
    Ok, so start off, your trinkets are awfull. Spirit and crit are the worst possible stats on trinkets you could go for.
    You should use your leatherworker enchant for 500 int on your bracers instead of mastery.
    Replace mastery ench on gloves with haste ench.
    Shoulders could use an upgrade of course, both when it comes to an actuall gear upgrade and the enchant.
    Not that it is a dps increase, but I stronly recommend the Pandaren's Step enchant on boots, since it's a nice 8% passive increase in movement AND it stacks with Ghost Wolf.

Here's my armory, so you can get an idea of what stats/trinkets that are good (get Relic of Yu'lon, it's t14hc BiS even)
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/tarren-mill/Ttotem/advanced

Also check this Elemental Shaman guide on Elitistjerks, it's really been one of the most helpful list of information I've ever read concerning shamans.
    elitistjerks.com/f79/t130869-mists_pandaria_elemental_shaman_guide_5_0_5_mirror/

Hope I clarified some stuff for you.
    GL HF!

Deleted
    ok first thing i noticed is your not raid hitcapped, so if your hitting anything in a raid or a raid test dummy you will be missing spells.
    also due to your lower gear level i would try stacking haste more, and use a different talent than echo of elements

10+ Year Old Account
    mastery on hands instead of haste is all subject to gameplay. Im at 498 Ilvl and rock full mastery build. Reforging crit into mastery or haste into mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by ginge2809 View Post
    ok first thing i noticed is your not raid hitcapped, so if your hitting anything in a raid or a raid test dummy you will be missing spells.
    also due to your lower gear level i would try stacking haste more, and use a different talent than echo of elements
    believe it or not, you don't always have to be right at 15%, you can be .5 or more below and still not hurt your DPS "much"

there is nothing wrong with EoE, its a very good talent.

You can always load your character at www.askmrrobot.com and check out a balanced build with haste, mastery, and crit. Its a good starting point to go off of, once you get the hang of it you can try mastery or haste builds to see how your damage changes.

Deleted
    The Vision Of Predator is not THAT bad trinket, since ti has base int and crit is not totally awful stat for Ele like it was, but you really need to replace that trinket with Spirit on use (its good for Resto only). You should buy Relic Of Yulon if you have golds, if not try to obtain caster trinket from first boss in Siege Of Niuzao temple, or buy even Engineer trinket and place Mastery, Haste and Spirit gems into it.

In your ilvl i would follow Haste>Mastery>Crit priority. Its gonna feel more smooth in rotation etc

He is Hitcapped since Draenei racial is doesnt show on armory. Echo is best DPS talent, dont change it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrage View Post

He is Hitcapped since Draenei racial is doesnt show on armory. Echo is best DPS talent, dont change it.
    Yeah, the WoW armory and WoW sheet won't take reflect your 1% bonus from being a Draenei, or at least reflect it. So as Sabrage said, they are hit capped. And don't get rid of Echo. You'll want to keep that.

I'd like to know why you'd suggest the change though Ginge.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature