Interview with Ghost Crawler and Ion Hazzikostas may have left 5.2 release slip

During the recent interview with Ghost Crawler and Ion Hassikostas, Ion clearly states an opinion on where hard core raid guilds will be when answering a question concerning whether he feels LFR is considered part of progression. In his answer he states that LFR is not p art of the progression path of hard core raiders and that "next week when 5.2 is released" they will be working their way through regular modes in Throne of the Thunder King.

This was obviously a slip as a date has yet to be officially announced however how many levels of slippage could it have possibly been?
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

most people are assuming the patch drops this tuesday
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandaemic View Post
    “Oh, do a daily? Just do a daily? Why don’t I strap on my daily helmet and squeeze down into a daily cannon and fire off into daily land, where quests grow on little dailies?!”

Tbh afaik if my memory serves me right, patches always got released 1 week after the end of the pvp seasons, or am I wrong here?
    made by Shyama

everyone pretty much figured out that 5.2 is gonna be released on the 5th (6th in EU) two weeks ago. Mainly because on 12th SC2 Hots is released and no way in hell they're gonna release two such major things on the same day. and 19th is just too long away.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurisaz View Post
    Tbh afaik if my memory serves me right, patches always got released 1 week after the end of the pvp seasons, or am I wrong here?
    I do not follow pvp, but there has been a pattern of patches only dropping one or two weeks after the end of the official pvp season or whatever they call it.

---------- Post added 2013-03-03 at 10:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
    everyone pretty much figured out that 5.2 is gonna be released on the 5th (6th in EU) two weeks ago. Mainly because on 12th SC2 Hots is released and no way in hell they're gonna release two such major things on the same day. and 19th is just too long away.
    right. however they also stated one week ago that if you had zero valor you would still be able to fully cap your 3000 valor before patch.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post

right. however they also stated one week ago that if you had zero valor you would still be able to fully cap your 3000 valor before patch.

You're referencing a reference that was referenced almost a month ago. Almost a month ago, the blue said that you would be able to fully cap valor before the patch.

Deleted
    I do not follow pvp, but there has been a pattern of patches only dropping one or two weeks after the end of the official pvp season or whatever they call it.

---------- Post added 2013-03-03 at 10:09 AM ----------

Actually they said that 3 weeks ago. Also almost every patch has been released the same day the previous season ended.
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Season_1

Aye he said something along the lines of 'this coming week' :]

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    You're referencing a reference that was referenced almost a month ago. Almost a month ago, the blue said that you would be able to fully cap valor before the patch.

If you’ve already made plans and sunk your Valor, don’t fret! As of this announcement, and even if you have 0 Valor currently, you still have enough time to cap out at 3000 Valor before patch 5.2 goes live. (It’s math!)

We’d love to hear your feedback about this change, and how you’re planning to earn, save, and spend Valor before the patch releases.

2/12/2013

Deleted
    If you’ve already made plans and sunk your Valor, don’t fret! As of this announcement, and even if you have 0 Valor currently, you still have enough time to cap out at 3000 Valor before patch 5.2 goes live. (It’s math!)

We’d love to hear your feedback about this change, and how you’re planning to earn, save, and spend Valor before the patch releases.

2/12/2013
    That's exatcly 3 weeks if 5.2 is released on the 5th.

2/12/2013
    Thanks for the source. I hate looking stuff up when people are misunderstood. Like I said, almost a month ago.

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    That's exatcly 3 weeks if 5.2 is released on the 5th.
    Exactly. And should put an effective end to all the debating.

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole confusion started with the rumor of the patch being released in 2 weeks. That was a month ago. And it was even more fueled by a tweet from Bashiok where he posted a picture of something that had the 2 weeks written in the picture.
    However.... There was a problem. Originally they stated that VP gets converted (as usual) to JP... People went ahead and spent their VP, understandably so. And then they reverted that announcement. Resulting in many players sitting there with less VP, others with all their VP. Next day or so, they made the statement not to worry, everyone can cap Valor until patch release. The nominally week for a full cap is the current week. Means March 5 is the logic day for a patch drop.
    Do we know it? No.... Chances are high for it to happen though.... But they are also high for the patch to drop on the 19th instead. The lowest chance is the 12th, due to the SC2 event..

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    The whole confusion started with the rumor of the patch being released in 2 weeks. That was a month ago. And it was even more fueled by a tweet from Bashiok where he posted a picture of something that had the 2 weeks written in the picture.
    However.... There was a problem. Originally they stated that VP gets converted (as usual) to JP... People went ahead and spent their VP, understandably so. And then they reverted that announcement. Resulting in many players sitting there with less VP, others with all their VP. Next day or so, they made the statement not to worry, everyone can cap Valor until patch release. The nominally week for a full cap is the current week. Means March 5 is the logic day for a patch drop.
    Do we know it? No.... Chances are high for it to happen though.... But they are also high for the patch to drop on the 19th instead. The lowest chance is the 12th, due to the SC2 event..

I for one am hoping not the 12th. I have a military school that week and it would suck losing the very first week to progress.