Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    The Mass Effect 3 ending was brilliant. Leaving the possiblity of Shepard surviving or the fun speculations of indoctrinations. Brilliant.

Shepard was at the epicenter of an explosion 26 miles wide.

It was the dumbest writing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by leafs43 View Post
    Can't have a bad ending thread without a mention of Mass Effect 3.

So....

Mass Effect 3.
    So bad they ended up redoing it several months later. This was also one of the major factors along with SWTOR that made EA receive the worst company of the year award. Seeing how all 4 ME games were supposed to play into the final ending and then it was just a cosmetic pile of dung it was without a doubt the worst ever. Bad for a single game a complete nightmare clusterfuck failure for a trilogy.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    So bad they ended up redoing it several months later. This was also one of the major factors along with SWTOR that made EA receive the worst company of the year award. Seeing how all 4 ME games were supposed to play into the final ending and then it was just a cosmetic pile of dung it was without a doubt the worst ever. Bad for a single game a complete nightmare clusterfuck failure for a trilogy.
    For the record they didn't "redo" anything. They added more to it but nothing was "redone" in the sense that anything was meaningfully changed. It's still the same ending with more cutscenes now.

Every so often one of these threads pops up here and we get the same discussion. I guess last months thread or the month before that is to buried to add to this one?

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    For the record they didn't "redo" anything. They added more to it but nothing was "redone" in the sense that anything was meaningfully changed. It's still the same ending with more cutscenes now.

Every so often one of these threads pops up here and we get the same discussion. I guess last months thread or the month before that is to buried to add to this one?
    They may not have completely reworked it but they did change and add things which is redoing it. Is it the same as it was before? No.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Assassin's Creed 3 hands down the worst ending in video game history

Definitely Fallout 3. Go through that whole game to end it on some black and white still photos and a narrator saying what happened next... awesome.

all 4 ME games
    trilogy
    Huh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    For me Halo 1 and RAGE. I kept thinking Halo was almost over several times before it was. Then it just ended like a bad episode to a tv show. And RAGE, everything was epic till the end. I totally thought it was building to something more, like a cool fight.
    RAGE would be one of mine. Its alot of fun... then all of the sudden its over? Was a major disappointment it was over so fast and so abrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Definitely Fallout 3. Go through that whole game to end it on some black and white still photos and a narrator saying what happened next... awesome.
    I finshed it once, reloaded before the last mission and never did it again. Sucks you can't keep playing your player.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2013-03-03 at 11:55 PM.
    Aye mate

They may not have completely reworked it but they did change and add things which is redoing it. Is it the same as it was before? No.
    Yea more or less. Nothing fundamentally changed. Only clarification was givin. Saying they redid (in the context your using) is like saying the phantom menace in 3d was a redo because it was so bad. No it wasn't. You'll also notice that buy and large the extended cut (since it really was a non change) didn't really warm things over with the greater part of the audience that was pissed of at the ending anyway. Is it TECHNICALLY an addition in the literal definition of the word "change" sure. In reality though and especially in the context of "bad" it's a non change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im always one to jump on the mass effect 3 hate, mainly because there is only a bitter taste regardless of "choice", there at least should of been a option to have one decent ending knowing it was the end of the Shepard saga
    which in reality wouldnt happen but thats the point games/ movies /tv series are a element of escapism what would of hurt to have one star wars ending...

playing through the three games and getting somewhat attached to the characters and getting 3 colours to have it all lined up for some Ea sequel with a oxygen thief like James Vega with even more bland storytelling.. ill be passing on it
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    FF7 - 1997
    - One of my all time favorite games, and I played it when it just came out. BUT it was one of the worse endings ever.

After beating Sephiroth, the meteor is still coming down at the planet. Aerith's Holy spell seems to not have activated, BUT the lifestream is coming out of the ground to intercept the meteor! With people around the world looking out their windows, hoping and praying for a miracle... the meteor and lifestream finally impact and then.... CREDITS!

There were 3 possibilities that the game described to us.
    - The lifestream might stop the meteor.
    - The lifestream might not stop the meteor.
    - The lifestream might stop the meteor, but also kill all of mankind (because we were bad for the planet)
    AND IT DOESN'T TELL US WHAT HAPPENED!

Only 8 years later in 2005, with the release of FF7 Advent Children do we find out that the lifestream stopped the meteor, man kind was spared, but Midgar was destroyed.
    There was a post credits scene in the game which showed a conclusion to what you said.

My pick has got to be (like many others) Mass Effect 3 Ending. The ending, taken by itself, was terrible writing. Even if ME3 had been a standalone game and introduced that asspull it would have been bad...the fact that it happened at the end of a trilogy, completely obliterating all the narrative build up that came before it? Well, Bioware like to say it's art, and therefore can't be criticised, fine, I'll agree with them, it is art, in fact, not only is it a work of art, but that particular piece of art is *the* perfect work in that it shows us all how to destroy a beloved franchise in a little over ten minutes. Never before in gaming has anyone fell from grace as quickly, truly unparalleled artwork.
    A smart man puts his money on the horse with the best odds...a wise man doesn't waste his money gambling on an outcome he has no control over.
    A blog thing for you! http://yetisteaparty.blogspot.co.uk
    A youtube thinghttp://www.youtube.com/user/Teroseth/

Shadow of the Colossus. But I BARELY play any videogames, so its like asking me my least-favorite color out of 4 possible colors.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    definitely d3. hell not even just the ending, just the whole story in general. so predictable and at times just seemed like it drug on far too long. act 2 was absolutely horrendous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo 3.

"LOL guize, I'm really Diablo in disguise."
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    For me it had to be...
    1: Gw2's story quest
    2: Fallout 3
    3 Fable 2 & 3
    - I would say D3 but i really do not see that as an ending. (really i like to think things are about to hit the fan come an expansion)

Far Cry 3!, love the game but the ending is just so... Grrrrrrrr!

the "left" option makes me bored and the "right" option just makes me shout out "son of a bitch!"

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Diablo 3.

"LOL guize, I'm really Diablo in disguise."
    And it was so fucking obvious to. Christ. They rub it in your face at every opportunity.

Guild Wars 2. You can close the thread now since nothing will top that.

Rampage for Nintendo. Anyone remember that one? The game had no save codes, so if you wanted to beat the game you'd have to do it in one sitting. Usually took over two hours to beat and you get this.

Sonic 06....... JK i never got past the first 10 minutes to see if there was even an ending.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe almost no one has said this yet, but Cataclysm's ending was abysmal.

The Aspects: "Oh my gosh, it's Deathwing!! Heroes! Attack a bunch of his tentacles and blood while the Aspects deal with the real threat!! Now attack his head for about 2 minutes and then watch Thrall go Super Saiyan and claim the killing blow, sending Deathwing exploding into a cloud of fucking glitter. Oh, and we've completely lost our powers in some total nonsensical prophecy, and Aggra, who for some reason is here, is pregnant. GJ."

Diablo 3's storyline was pretty poor as well, as a whole.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA