Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Mass Effect 3 by far. It just felt like the ending had almost nothing to do with the rest of the game. The main thing that annoyed me about it was how until the end it was "war assets, war assets, you HAVE to get those WAR ASSETS!" Then you actually get to the end and the game basically goes "LOL what war assets?!?", only thing that actually changes is a clip of Sheppard somehow surviving a moon size explosion in SPACE if you got enough. Ugh...

I never even played Mass Effect 3, but saw the endings, if you could even call them that. Dues Ex Machina, now in 3 different colors and no other noteworthy changes!

There was also the runescape slug quest series where you reach the evil mind controlling slug queen, prepared for a boss battle...and you get mind controlled by the giant slug, helpless. The new character just introduced a few minutes ago steals the kill from you by killing the queen with a conveniently placed giant pillar.

It'd be like if you reached the lich king part..
    lich king: bwahaha you shall all be my generals!
    Murky: NOT SO FAST, LICH KING!!
    lich king: MURKY THE MURLOC!? Impossible!!
    *murky slashes an icicle with his sword, causing it to topple down on the lich king*
    lich king: NoOOooOoOoOOoOo *splat*
    *murky daaaance!*

Quote Originally Posted by Jarl Balgruuf View Post
    I can't believe almost no one has said this yet, but Cataclysm's ending was abysmal.

The Aspects: "Oh my gosh, it's Deathwing!! Heroes! Attack a bunch of his tentacles and blood while the Aspects deal with the real threat!! Now attack his head for about 2 minutes and then watch Thrall go Super Saiyan and claim the killing blow, sending Deathwing exploding into a cloud of fucking glitter. Oh, and we've completely lost our powers in some total nonsensical prophecy, and Aggra, who for some reason is here, is pregnant. GJ."
    To an extent, mainly deathwing's death. No big, dramatic death, GLITTER! What if Illidan had exploded into pink sparkles? Or in the future, Sha'rosh or whatever he'll end up being, dissolving into a pile of kittens and sunshine.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2013-03-07 at 02:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Considering that the entirety of Act 4 D3 was Diablo telepathically saying "booga booga boo", I'd have to put D3 somewhere on the lower end of the spectrum...

You want to see a bad ending? An ending so bad it does not even exist? I give you Saga Frontier 1, the... ending... to Blue's story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzqlQ34fjSI

Yes, it is real. See the last 30 seconds if you want to skip the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    FF7 - 1997
    - One of my all time favorite games, and I played it when it just came out. BUT it was one of the worse endings ever.

After beating Sephiroth, the meteor is still coming down at the planet. Aerith's Holy spell seems to not have activated, BUT the lifestream is coming out of the ground to intercept the meteor! With people around the world looking out their windows, hoping and praying for a miracle... the meteor and lifestream finally impact and then.... CREDITS!

There were 3 possibilities that the game described to us.
    - The lifestream might stop the meteor.
    - The lifestream might not stop the meteor.
    - The lifestream might stop the meteor, but also kill all of mankind (because we were bad for the planet)
    AND IT DOESN'T TELL US WHAT HAPPENED!

Only 8 years later in 2005, with the release of FF7 Advent Children do we find out that the lifestream stopped the meteor, man kind was spared, but Midgar was destroyed.
    Advent Children was so awesome, tells so much about FF7!

Deleted
    Mass effect 3 and the entire assassins creed series.

10+ Year Old Account
    I finished Dishonored over spring break and I was fairly disappointed with the (high chaos) ending.
    I would love a sequel that covered more of the universe's lore and answered a lot of the questions the game had.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cakka View Post
    Mass Effect 3 by far. It just felt like the ending had almost nothing to do with the rest of the game. The main thing that annoyed me about it was how until the end it was "war assets, war assets, you HAVE to get those WAR ASSETS!" Then you actually get to the end and the game basically goes "LOL what war assets?!?", only thing that actually changes is a clip of Sheppard somehow surviving a moon size explosion in SPACE if you got enough. Ugh...
    yeah, that pretty much how it goes in ME2 as well. If you don't become anyone's BFF you can expect to die and not play ME3.

I think players have this misconception about ME3's ending, because I read about it A LOT and it's always the same problem. They lack the concept of the trilogy actually ending. The whole deal at the end of ME2 was to stop the reaper invasion and during the entire ME3 game that's what you do. There was no special alt ending... it was kill the enemy you've been hunting for 3 games now or fail. Thats it.

It's literally black 'n white, but u gamers fail to see it. I think you guys have a hard time grasping the concept that it finally had to end and it's ending was just that... the "end." I remember a lot of gamers saying "......i dont get it..." what's not to get? u killed the target, mission complete, galaxy saved *roll credits*.

on topic - I have 2 that I hate: assassin's creed 1 and final fantasy 7. One yells "SURPRISE!" and it was all fake, and the other never tells you what happened to the characters after you kill the final boss. (except for redXIII, he became a daddy)
    Last edited by Paladin885; 2013-03-14 at 04:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danifilth View Post
    Never understood why games needed endings thought everyone ignored that. Kinda wondered since every game is remade over and over again with each console that comes out
    That is exactly why gamers that enjoy an actual story tend to be Pc gamers, while leaving poor quality console gaming to the mouth breathing crowd for the most part.

Of course their was a time when consoles games had good stories to to them but those are now the games that get recreated over and over again with the same plot/hero's/enemies.

Of course even good game franchises sometimes completely reinvent themselves such as the final fantasy series which gets a completely new story with every release.

Then again I think the main issue with console gaming is that people no longer go to the store and base their purchase on the picture that is on front of the box like they did in the good old days but instead seek out titles they are already knowledgeable of so it's not very profitable for console game developers to create something completely new.