Heirloom Staff Enchants: +30 Spellpower > +22 Int right now?

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=22749/e...pon-spellpower
    vs.
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=23804

Round 1 - Fight.
    Which one is better currently?

During Cataclysm, the +22 Int one was better because Intellect gave Spellpower, Crit and Mana.
    Now, Intellect only gives Spellpower and Crit.
    So I guess the +30 Spellpower is better right now? I've read some comments that also suggested this, but I don't yet have enough reputable evidence for this.

INT because int is SP

It's a 1:1 ratio with Int also giving a tiny bit of crit. We're talking a couple 1/1000's of a percent.

Did some Google-fu: Int provides 0.00039% crit per point. I'm not sure if that number is still accurate though.
    Last edited by Sj; 2013-03-03 at 05:46 PM.

Then I guess the +8 SP from the SP enchant matters more?

Quote Originally Posted by TaurenNinja View Post
    Then I guess the +8 SP from the SP enchant matters more?
    At lower levels, yes. The higher you get the less that difference in stats is going to matter.

Crit from int scales with level just as crit from rating does. The mana on the other hand only ever mattered if you are a healer anyway, so for casters, nothing changed.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Crit from int scales with level just as crit from rating does
    And you need more Int to equal the same amount of crit as you level up. Since he's using the same enchant and same weapon the whole time, that crit from Int will decrease every time he levels.

Unless you are twinking, this argument is irrelevant for most people who won't even feel the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    And you need more Int to equal the same amount of crit as you level up. Since he's using the same enchant and same weapon the whole time, that crit from Int will decrease every time he levels.
    The gain from a certain crit% increases each time you level, though.

In the end, the difference will be miniscule for most of the leveling process anyway, so i'd go for the cheaper one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Only the first few levels the difference in spellpower will matter. Get whichever is cheaper/easier to get.

hint: the 30spd one is much harder to make.

Also, you can buy the 29spd one.