Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    How long do you suppose it'll be before African migrants to Israel are tattooed with numbers so it's easier for the government to keep track of them?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    How long do you suppose it'll be before African migrants to Israel are tattooed with numbers so it's easier for the government to keep track of them?
    Or made to wear big cloth stars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are there any other sources on this? That one doesn't seem very informative.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Did you check the entire source? This is being done WITHOUT their knowledge. Why are they only doing this to Ethiopian Jews, why not British or American or Canadian Jews? My guess is skin colour and racial profiling.
    My guess is because if they did it to Americans or British their would be hell to pay.

But with Ethiopians, hell what could the repercussions be, they are a country that doesn't even have water for a water balloon fight.

Furthermore I think it's kind of a nice gesture for Israel to even extend such an offer (excluding the part of not telling them about such offer)

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Are there any other sources on this? That one doesn't seem very informative.
    http://www.haaretz.com/news/national...emium-1.496519

http://www.forbes.com/sites/eliseknu...birth-control/

Deleted
    One can't help but weep at the irony of Israeli leadership's apparent steady shift towards Fascism that so many news stories about the country seem to depict. But, Nationalist Totalitarianism and socio-ethnic subjugation has never been an exclusively European thing.

Deleted
    Just to be clear, forced contraception of anyone is bad in my book. India has been carrying out forced sterilization programs on the poor in the country.

These stories have been floating around for a while - these articles provide an interesting overview:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...ethopian-women

http://www.irinnews.org/Report/97352...Ethiopian-Jews

EDIT:

This was a good read too.
    Last edited by mmoc2f7dfebfb1; 2013-03-03 at 07:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    I wish I could say I was surprised. This just mostly confirms my view of Israel as an extremely-right wing conservative and slightly fascist regime that needs to be taken down for constant breaking of international law, basic universal human rights, nuclear treaties, etc.

If it were Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, etc. doing this to Israelis, we'd never hear the end of it.

Deleted
    Whew, I know where such thing started roughly 70 - 80 ago, went completely well.... oh it didn't.

This is worrying to say the least, but I'm not surprised, the Israeli laws are absolutely ridicolous.

Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    My guess is because if they did it to Americans or British their would be hell to pay.

But with Ethiopians, hell what could the repercussions be, they are a country that doesn't even have water for a water balloon fight.

Furthermore I think it's kind of a nice gesture for Israel to even extend such an offer (excluding the part of not telling them about such offer)
    What you don't get is that these Ethiopians ARE Jews. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta_Israel whom are taking advantage of the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_Return that was established to allow people of Jewish Ancestry to return to Israel. This is Jews discriminating other Jews based on their skin color and geographical origin. With other words Jews of European and Middle Eastern dominant diaspora discriminating Jews of the African disapora.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slybak View Post
    Not shocking in the slightest. The Sudanese immigrant community in Israel was subject to all manner of barbarous hostility from the Israeli right-wing; their elected representatives labeled them a "cancer" and "invaders" and how they were threatening the national identity of Israel (we're talking about a community of 4,000 people in a country of nearly 8 million) while right-wing hooligans beat them in the street in broad daylight and set fire to their homes at night. Reactionaries are the same in every culture.
    I have to say Israel as a country, is for me a big disappointment.

where I live there is a street named "burned street" (rue Brulée) and right next to it "Jewish street" (rue des Juifs) (Strasbourg, France). It is no coincidence, Strasbourg's people did indeed burned down those streets where Jew used to live in the fourteenth century (people thought, Jews were responsible for the plague, by poisoning water wells).

This is of course just an exemple, my point is Jews in Europe, while they had no country of their own, used to be the target of many heinous acts, just because of course they were Jews, hell even Kant (german philosopher of the Enlightenment, and a important philosopher overall) had no love for Jews. So, one would expect them now that they have their own country, not to act like others acted towards them in the past, except they are just as bad as we were.
    Last edited by mmoc29a7c2362f; 2013-03-03 at 07:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    There is a cardinal difference between treating the immigrants within one's own borders and treating the native population of any race.
    No, there isn't. People are people are people, whether from a different country or native.

Wish the united states would do the same. If you wanna have kids you cant pay for, stay in your own country, i dont blame isreal at all, it will ruin their country

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Apparently only Israel can conduct a sensible immigration policy without being branded as racists. Europe should have take an example, in my opinion.
    Those people could remove themselves from the country if they disagreed with the policy.
    Oh, ok. Let me rework that for you:

The jews could have removed themselves from the country if they disagreed with Nazi Germany policy.

Right? See, Israel leadership is hypoctitic as hell. And at this point they're borderline nazis themselves. Modern ones.
    I mean just think:
    -concentration camps for palestinians, controlled from all parts by military
    -forcing palestinians into smaller and smaller areas, destroying their businesses and blaming them for what goes wrong in Israel
    -annexing land from Palestine from the 1947 partition because it belongs to the greater Israel people
    -not allowing foreign aid to the palestinians
    -not respecting UN resolutions
    -having weapons of mass destruction illegally
    -threatening to attack other nations only because those nations say bad things about them and demanding all others treat them right because otherwise they're xenophobic
    -forcing people out of their homes
    -and now forcefully sterilizing people of a different colour

All that remains to be seen in Israel are the gas chambers and they'd be a smaller replica of Nazi Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Or made to wear big cloth stars.
    Seems legit. Coat of Arms of Ethiopia right here.

Admit it, you didn't expect that there would actually be a star they could wear to legit identify them as Ethiopian.

I sure didn't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Wish the united states would do the same. If you wanna have kids you cant pay for, stay in your own country, i dont blame isreal at all, it will ruin their country
    So you want everyone who enters the USA to be checked and if they are not working let them go to "the doctor" for a magical pill that will not allow them to give birth, without them knowing ?

Disgusting.

I think it's time the US pull its funding of Israel. Enough has passed that has shown its evil nature.

10+ Year Old Account
    So they were getting dosed with a shot of Depo-Provera. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depo-Provera

For that to be effective they have to get a shot every 3 months. So every 3 months they go into to see a doctor and they give it to them, but I wonder what they thought the shot was. I haven't had a shot in years.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.