Deleted

For the Horde: Impatient people

Just tried to do a For the Horde raid, it was a slow day, barely anybody was online.

Still we managed to get some people, 25 to be exact. 40 would have been nice but nobody was online.

But even though I told the people in my raid not to go to Stormwind before we start: they did!
    Even though I told them to be patient: they werent!

Result is a failed raid where the alliance also hindered us.

Why can people never listen for the greater good? In Cataclysm and Wotlk I organized a buttload of these raids and people listened. :/

We barely even touched Varian Wrynn, we were getting slaughtered in the courtyard.

telling players on wow to be patient is like telling the earth not to spin

People tend to not listen a lot of the time in online scenarios. You probably just got some people who prove that particularly well.

Deleted
    It only takes 1 person in a 40 man raid to trigger a chain reaction of failure. Ever watched one of those war movies where 1 guy pulls the trigger by accident and everybody starts shooting? It's the same thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    It only takes 1 person in a 40 man raid to trigger a chain reaction of failure. Ever watched one of those war movies where 1 guy pulls the trigger by accident and everybody starts shooting? It's the same thing.
    Hmm, good explanation.

Well next time there will be zero tolerance I guess, you don't listen, you get a kick.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    People tend to not listen a lot of the time in online scenarios. You probably just got some people who prove that particularly well.
    The internet? Have you ever tried to organize a trip to an entertainment park
    "Stay at the gate until everyone is here" Never works.

I haven't been part of an organized and successful For The Horde/Alliance since back in wrath..
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Deleted
    There is also the problem while recruiting:

'How many are you?'

Well if you joined we would be with more, instead of being so annoying as to only go when we are with a lot of people already.

I haven't raided faction leaders since Cata launched. Not only do I ever see those groups being made anymore, but I lost my interest because of the flying in Azeroth. Kinda kills the ''raid a city'' for me, it feels more epic to rush in by foot.

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post

'How many are you?'

Well if you joined we would be with more, instead of being so annoying as to only go when we are with a lot of people already.
    The best part is most people who ask that question are the ones just sitting in Org doing fuck all anyway. They literally have so little patience that they can't sit in org in a group without having to run around like a chicken with its head cut off. This problem is just not in games either, it's a human trait. Commanders who attack before there general gives the order and troops that break off and attack the enemy without order have always been a problem in war due to that anxious feeling. The guy who pulls the trigger first and everyone follows, like a poster mentioned above is also a good example.

Something about people in a group with a unified goal in mind or hatred for something makes them go into a frenzy in my experience. It's that whole mob mentality taking over.

---------- Post added 2013-03-03 at 01:53 PM ----------

Hmm, good explanation.

Well next time there will be zero tolerance I guess, you don't listen, you get a kick.
    That's how the group leader who I did for the Horde with in cata ran it. You didn't listen to him, you got the boot.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

10+ Year Old Account
    No one listens Everyone always spams chat with what they would do and expects everyone to listen. Like in AV when you have people shouting "STRAIGHT TO BOSS" the second you get in. I miss FTA/FTH, I remember the first time I did it.. the feeling was so awesome. Seeing all the Horde players there trying to get us whilst we march through the city like bosses. It was a good laugh as well, Horde trying to alert and guess where the next attack was, people logging onto level 1s to spread misinformation regarding where was next xd Awesome!

10+ Year Old Account

'How many are you?'

I think this is in part due to the fact that you can't quest while in a raid group, which for some stupid reason Blizzard hasn't removed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    This is probably the best explanation of why FTH/FTA raids fall apart.

A lot of it I think is due to how easy city raiding was in Wrath, the bosses were extremely undertuned (especially in ToC gear and beyond), and guards were slow-spawning and 5 levels below the cap.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA