Thread: Wrathguard WTF

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Wrathguard WTF

So noticing now that ive switched to demo, the wrathguard will not deplete his fel energy. Unlike Legion strike, mortal cleave seems to be on a 5 second cooldown. However, if I set wrathguard on passive and manually input the commands using pursuit it seems to work. This is extremely annoying and hopefully will get fixed but incase it doesnt, does anyone have a macro sequence or some sort of solution that doesnt involve having to personally spam mortal cleave for the pet to do optimal dps?

This is the same for all the special warlock pets and beast mastery hunter pets. You can't put their special move on your bar, only on the pet bar. It's extremely frustrating to me. You can press Ctrl+1 (or whatever number the attack is at) but I agree that is super annoying. Surely there is a better way.

Deleted
    Isn't he just pooling its energy to stay at a high level ?

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    This is the same for all the special warlock pets and beast mastery hunter pets. You can't put their special move on your bar, only on the pet bar. It's extremely frustrating to me. You can press Ctrl+1 (or whatever number the attack is at) but I agree that is super annoying. Surely there is a better way.
    Just make a macro, e.g.

#showtooltip
    /cast Axe Toss

On another side note..why does the Felguard do more damage then the wrathguard? According to the Elitist Jerks sim this is the case but why? The GoSup talent is supposed to enhance the demons and make them stronger right?

The reason felguard is doing more damage is because he is actively using legion strike, while wrath guard is only using mortal cleave once every 6 seconds
    There is no reason for wrath guard to pool energy, all of his abilitys cost exactly the same and his regen rate automatically recuperates anything u would need to spend energy on. If you pull ur felguard out, u will see it actively use legion strike till it is at the bottom of its energy pool, and from there on. Wrathguard will just mortal cleave, wait 6 seconds, then cast it again. no matter what u target or do, u will never get wrathguard to go below 120 fel energy. This is a significant dps loss when there doesnt need to be.
    @ hunter comment with BM pets. In order for me to macro utilize wrathguard I have to set the pet on passive and bind pursuit and mortal cleave to everything I do. It will not do this automatically.

Deleted
    On another side note..why does the Felguard do more damage then the wrathguard? According to the Elitist Jerks sim this is the case but why? The GoSup talent is supposed to enhance the demons and make them stronger right?
    If you're talking about the Grimoire rankings (http://www.simulationcraft.org/510/P...emonology.html), this is Felguard + Service Felguard versus Wrathguard.

There is no reason for wrath guard to pool energy, all of his abilitys cost exactly the same and his regen rate automatically recuperates anything u would need to spend energy on. If you pull ur felguard out, u will see it actively use legion strike till it is at the bottom of its energy pool, and from there on. Wrathguard will just mortal cleave, wait 6 seconds, then cast it again. no matter what u target or do, u will never get wrathguard to go below 120 fel energy. This is a significant dps loss when there doesnt need to be.
    This doesn't change anything except maybe 2 more casts at the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Isn't he just pooling its energy to stay at a high level ?
    There isnt any reason for him to pool energy, its a complete dps loss for him to do it. He regenerates every 2 seconds what wrathstorm or mortal cleave cost.

so in a minute he will cast mortal cleave 10x on assist

Where as u manually input he can cast it up to 31 times, this is a significant loss and extremely poor design

#showtooltip Shadow Bolt
    /cast Shadow Bolt
    /cast Mortal Cleave

That's what I use and it works fairly well

Deleted
    There isnt any reason for him to pool energy, its a complete dps loss for him to do it. He regenerates every 2 seconds what wrathstorm or mortal cleave cost.

so in a minute he will cast mortal cleave 10x on assist

Where as u manually input he can cast it up to 31 times, this is a significant loss and extremely poor design
    Whaat ? No
    Both regen 10 Energy per second without Haste, and both their attack cost 60 Energy. The only difference is that Wrathguard pools his energy so he doesn't spam his attack at the start. In 1 Minute from the pull FG will do around 13 attacks while WG will do only 11, but in every next minutes they will do the same amount of attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    If you're talking about the Grimoire rankings (http://www.simulationcraft.org/510/P...emonology.html), this is Felguard + Service Felguard versus Wrathguard.

This doesn't change anything except maybe 2 more casts at the start.
    It actually changes alot, given that hes casting his primary attack at 33% uptime. Keep in mind simulations often don't show great results under 10k iterations.

Quote Originally Posted by Ailerist View Post
    There isnt any reason for him to pool energy, its a complete dps loss for him to do it.
    Only if he caps out on energy. Which I've never seen him do.

My question is then; if this is such a poor design(and I agree that it is), why hasn't there been any forum raging going on? I have not seen any posts whatsoever regarding this.

Deleted
    There is nothing to rage about, just make him cast two more times at the start if you want... This is what ? 30k damage lost if you don't ? This is nothing.

ok well after some testing, im kinda red cheeked but still manually inputting shows higher count. 15 manually input with 11 auto. Over course of 7 minute fight, thats still 28 times he could of used it.

Deleted
    No you are mistaken. They gain Energy at the same rate and Wrathguard doesn't cap its energy (except if there is a bug).
    Last edited by mmoc8b57eca00f; 2013-03-03 at 07:52 PM.

throw stop watch on and set ur pet to attack dummy, ull see 14-15 manual cleaves vs 10-11 auto cleaves per minute.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ailerist View Post
    ok well after some testing, im kinda red cheeked but still manually inputting shows higher count. 15 manually input with 11 auto. Over course of 7 minute fight, thats still 28 times he could of used it.
    13 over 11 for each minute after the first, if that's what you're getting. He shouldn't be pooling to 120; behaviorally I'm pretty sure it's set to pool to 105 before casting? And with Felstorm he should prevent capping. At most, you're looking at 16 extra uses, but I have severe doubts that's actually happening; if it is, please, please get some posts on the official forums complaining about the crap AI bugging out.

Deleted
    How about you do it over 5min ? We already said it was "normal" in only 1 min because he just empties his energy at the start.