[Movies] What film is this?

I'm having such a hard time remembering the name of a film, I require aid!

The film goes something along the lines of..

A guy goes to university or boarding school and his room mate is this guy who is pretty quiet and a bit weird (he could possibly have science experiments on his desk or containers with insects in them, something of that nature).

While this is happening it periodically goes into the not-so-distant future where the guy (the weird one) is being interviewed by a psychiatrist for something he has committed. The film goes on and at some point the two guys are on the train, where I think the weird guy either throws/pushes his room mate out of the train, or he stabbed him or he shot him.. Either way I'm pretty sure he ended up off the train.

Film goes on as do the interviews, and the weird guy seemingly is making this an interview for the psychiatrist. This guy is extremely intelligent and it is evident he is just messing with the interviewer.

I don't know anymore because I stopped watching it half the way through, but I want to finish it.

Anyone got any ideas?

do you know it if is a new film or old film? know any of the actors that were in the movie?

Um what else...

(sorry I'm not much help kinda feels like 20 questions, but I'm sure someone will know the movie you are looking for)

Quote Originally Posted by dejec1989 View Post
    do you know it if is a new film or old film? know any of the actors that were in the movie?

Um what else...

(sorry I'm not much help kinda feels like 20 questions, but I'm sure someone will know the movie you are looking for)
    I'd say early 2000's. Well not only do I want to finish the film, this particular actor came into the pub I work at today and I really wanted to know his name

Sounds a lot like "The Curve", but there isn't a train in that movie. Possibly a sequel?

i would have a guess at the butterfly effect but have not seen it in a while

Deleted
    Like minds(2006)

Quote Originally Posted by meowh View Post
    Like minds(2006)
    Yes this is it! Thank you!