Thread: Frustration

Frustration

So was sitting with some people on skype while doing random bg's. and we had some new dude in skype with us and he was absolutly RAAAAGING everytime something happened to him in the BG (not rated).

then i got curious, how do people handle frustration from PVP. so whats your ways?

for me when im about to die i normally tab out for the second i die to not get annoyed by the situation
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Deleted
    It helps if you don't try to fight an impossible situation, then if you lose you can focus on where you went wrong. Sometimes there is literally nothing you can do or could have done to do any better.

Also, accept that WoW is a terrible PVP game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care about dieing. If it gets to the point where the game becomes frustrating, I just log off and play some other day. There's really no reason to get pissed off about any game unless the game you're playing somehow financially supports you.

Sometimes I fuel the flames just to see what happens. I like to imagine they literally explode or self-combust.

Most of the times I just feel sorry for them though.

10+ Year Old Account
    As being the guild/raid leader, raging on skype isn't really an option.
    If it's getting too much for me, I usually call for a 5min break, punch a bag and come with with a clear mind. I can usually prevent myself from raging during games, but if I really have to, my mic is push to talk so..., I just don't push while raging

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    It helps if you don't try to fight an impossible situation, then if you lose you can focus on where you went wrong. Sometimes there is literally nothing you can do or could have done to do any better.

Also, accept that WoW is a terrible PVP game.
    I STRONGLY disagree with your second sentence. How is it terrible? I find it more engaging than any other game I have ever played! Which PvP games do you find more enjoyable? Please dont go on a "its not balanced" nerd raged.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    I STRONGLY disagree with your second sentence. How is it terrible? I find it more engaging than any other game I have ever played! Which PvP games do you find more enjoyable? Please dont go on a "its not balanced" nerd raged.
    The game is balanced with flavor of the month cycles. That is, Blizz make something deliberately OP every new season or expansion based on the number of people playing a particular class.

So if a class or spec becomes overpopulated, Blizz will nerf it to hell or literally let it die, like they did with rogues in MOP, to cull the population and encourage players to reroll.

Plus WoW is nothing more than a glorified game of rock/papper/scissors. It just happens to be really smooth. And the art is awesome. But WoW revolves around PVE really.

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    The game is balanced with flavor of the month cycles. That is, Blizz make something deliberately OP every new season or expansion based on the number of people playing a particular class.

So if a class or spec becomes overpopulated, Blizz will nerf it to hell or literally let it die, like they did with rogues in MOP, to cull the population and encourage players to reroll.

Plus WoW is nothing more than a glorified game of rock/papper/scissors. It just happens to be really smooth. And the art is awesome. But WoW revolves around PVE really.
    lol even with legnedary daggers, not alot of people reroll rogue for dragonsoul...unless they're a selfish person and wants to be "op" for every patch

Deleted
    Rogues imo are underpresented because they seem so squishy and hard to play. I mean they arent really competitive if you dont use all the 15 different CCs they have. And for PvE.. They arent exactly the funniest ones to level so i think alot drop them out and never get them to max level.

Ontopic, i never rage in BGs. In arenas i might rage for RNG or some stupid long CC chains or something. For oneshots i just laugh at the "we feel things are balanced" Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortalomena View Post
    Rogues imo are underpresented because they seem so squishy and hard to play. I mean they arent really competitive if you dont use all the 15 different CCs they have. And for PvE.. They arent exactly the funniest ones to level so i think alot drop them out and never get them to max level.
    Hmm, I don't really think they are underrepresented because of the difficulty, but mainly because of them being rather underpowered at level 90. As for PvE I have to agree, the 3 speces are way to similar to each other, and still as boring as 5 years ago.
    On lower level on the other hand, rogues are popular because of how strong they can be :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    lol even with legnedary daggers, not alot of people reroll rogue for dragonsoul...unless they're a selfish person and wants to be "op" for every patch
    They were everywhere on my server, with or without the legendary daggers and the PVE trinket. But the super geared ones could drop a player in a single stun.

Now rogues are next to non-existent. So why should I have to wait 6 months to play one of my favourite classes competitively?

Give me a good reason.

Tom Chilton and Ghostcrawler have both said that they balance classes based on numbers. So all you really need to do to exploit this game is play a class that is OP but under-represented, and you will have a good laugh at everyone else's expense.

tell them to calm the f down. if I get frustrated and I believe I can't take it anymore I just log off.

I just take a break from BGs if I ever feel myself getting annoyed. It made grinding Dreadful take a bit longer, but otherwise worked fine. In arena, the only thing I rage about is hunters. Not their abilities, just their 6 million cooldowns. :d

Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    Because it's horrifically imbalanced at the moment, I would imagine.

I never got upset about PvP. The fact that it was possible in random BGs for me to be locked down to the point where I could literally die without being able to move/cast did scream "poor design", even with the best PvP gear in the game (Cata PvP). But I had to hand it to them for that many all focusing me. Why was I doing randoms with that gear? Honor conversion was faster than doing random dungeons for JP.

IMO all ccs should share the same DR, or put half on one and half on another universal DR.