Poll: What's your go-to guide site?

15+ Year Old Account

Your preferred source for class/raid guides?

Just wondering which sites people use for class guides and things of that nature (ie: Tankspot, Elitist jerks, Icy Veins, wowhead). Personally I used to go to EJ for class guides but once I discovered Icy Veins it was just so much more organized and to the point. Icy Veins is great for switching specs and getting straight to point of the playstyle, rotation, stat priorities, etc and is always kept up to date. EJ I find a little too convoluted and disorganized personally; it's great for theorycrafters but I'd still rather go to the advanced sections of the Icy Veins guides where they have already condensed all the math for you.

For encounters I used to go to Tankspot, but now I simply use the in-game dungeon journal and write down only the mechanics that pertain to me, and I might follow it up by heading to wowhead and reading the comments.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Deleted
    MMO-Champion class stickies. Mihir's kitty guides are where it's at! (Though I think the latest one was drawn up by someone different.)

I like that these forums have a high traffic and as such threads move quite rapidly. It means that conversation about any changes or developments can be very current and there are usually several perspectives to look at things from.

*cough so hard* I usually do the math myself or run a sim.

But otherwise I'd check multiple sources lol.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I favor mmo-champion / totemspot for shaman guides, but icy veins for everything else.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've taken to using Icy Veins for class guides, Ask Mr.Robot for gear, and the Dungeon Journal for raid guides.

Well this is awkward.

To be honest class guides I go here. Everything else I find getting hold of Raid guides painful since their are either "Don't stand in purple" or very vague. I like the precise ones.
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AutomaticBadger View Post
    Well this is awkward.

To be honest class guides I go here. Everything else I find getting hold of Raid guides painful since their are either "Don't stand in purple" or very vague. I like the precise ones.
    How's it awkward? I come to MMO-champ for news updates and forums.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Deleted
    For guides on raids I usually find them here. For classes I go to noxxic.com, they have such an easy way to learn your class.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    How's it awkward? I come to MMO-champ for news updates and forums.
    It's sort of like going to KFC and talking about how awesome MaC Nuggets are.
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

Class guides I check multiple sources like noxxic, icy-veins, mmo champ stickies, and EJ discussions, as well as a quick google search for other guides, then I test each one out to see what suits me. Strategy guides I check Icy Veins first, plus the comments in WoWhead, or I talk to some friends in higher progressed guilds.

MMO-Champion for class guides & FatbossTV (YouTube) for raid guides.

Sometimes I go to Icy Veins for class guides also. I'm getting to like that site a lot more, it's really easy to find the information you're looking for and everything is so well laid out. MMO-Champion offers the perk of discussion though, so you get to ask questions and read up on peoples findings.