Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    My bookcase is almost completely fantasy. Mostly Robert Jordan, Steven Erikson, Brandon Sanderson, David Eddings and Tad Williams. I also have a few autobiographies.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you were to ask me this a couple years ago I would've said no way. I'm actually starting to read more than I used to which was never. I'm more of a gamer so I get my stories from video games but I started to want to read some cool fantasy/sci-fi books. I don't know what it was really that made me want to read books but I'm kind of liking it now as long as the book is a fantasy or sci-fi book. I would get super bored if it wasn't.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Deleted
    Havent really read a serious book in years. I've read silly stuff as comix etc, but books really neaver said me anything (story wise). Study wise i see the point in them. I much rather watch a movie... But well, that doesnt train your mind and just makes you laze.. And that makes me lazy xD

I used to like it, like 9-10 years agai in elementary school.
    But during my last vacation I picked up A Song of Ice and Fire to read in the plane and on the beach/in bed etc
    And now I like reading again. Currently busy with the fifth book in the series. It is better than the HBO series!
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

Heh ... as a professor it's kinda my job to read. So not so much for pleasure anymore ... just academic books and papers. :/

Deleted
    Don't really like reading (books).. It is rare if I find a book and I think ''I'll be reading the shit out of this one''

Deleted
    i mostly read books about II world war

Deleted
    Unless I'm reading an article or a magazine,not at all. I was never into books/novels. Never had enough patience to just sit down and read it. But I will gladly read an article or a post online and offline especially is the topic interests me.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like to read good books..or something that is for me. I am very selective and it depends on my mood. But they can not get too descriptive, I end up become lost in the wording and has to think about more and more and it just gets me out of the mood.

Here are some books I like: The Expanse Series, Thirteen Reasons Why, Flowers for Algernon, Chopsticks, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I like interesting ways to tell a story, don't be too descriptive and let me have a little room to imagine it myself, try to be a neutral story teller(don't have everything black and white), try to tell stories differently and not the common method(HGtrG).

But I most likely read news and wikis more than I do books, but I just have to be in the mood and have the right book.

Quote Originally Posted by amperjay View Post
    Heh ... as a professor it's kinda my job to read. So not so much for pleasure anymore ... just academic books and papers. :/
    Reading philosophy books is tough...>.<.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Yep I love reading mostly fantasy and sci fi. My favorite series is the Death Gate Cycle but I have ~ 400-500 books taking up space in my spare bedroom
    Thanks to Shyama for my beautiful signature
    Naobí 2/7 Mythic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5_tQ7nnRV0

But seriously, yeah, I love reading, just haven't found a good book lately, even if this is a year old necro thread :P

Yes, I enjoy reading.
    ——————▲—————▲———
    ————————————————
    ———▼—————▼——————
    —Ⓐ—————Ⓐ————————

Only books i find to be very good. ''Okay'' doesn't cut it.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

I like reading, though if I'm sitting down to read a novel I like to have at least a couple solid hours to get into it. That's sometimes hard to find time for.

I love good science fiction and fantasy books. I hated reading in school. To this day aside from a dozen or so instances, I can't see the draw behind a lot of what was considered required reading back then. I wish Harry Potter had been a thing when I was growing up. I guess the closest thing I had was the Star Wars extended universe books, but because they switch between authors all the time, a lot of them were kind of painful to read.

Deleted
    I used to read a lot when I was very young, but now, not so much. I do enjoy fantasy/lore type books though.

I love reading. Just finished reading a truly excellent blog based book about a world with superheroes without all the usual DC/Marvel plot holes (There's a prison that actually works, the craziest villains get killed, strategic powers are the most dangerous). It's called Worm, written by Wildbow if anyone is interested.

Deleted
    I love books! Unfortunately gaming has stolen a lot of time from reading.

7+ Year Old Account
    I love reading book. Mainly crime novels but also about certain parts of our history

I read several books a week, have since I was a kid. I don't enjoy social media despite being in the generation where it's so dominant, because it doesn't have much depth for me. I prefer something I can focus on for hours that gets into complex concepts, rather than quick bits of entertainment.

7+ Year Old Account
    I fall asleep when I read. Can read 7-8 pages max. before I pass out..
    I'd probably like it if I could stay up long enough to at least finish one chapter .__. So no I don't like reading...nice way to fall asleep, but that's about it.