Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Just killed Lei Shen 25 Normal a few hours ago and I got thunderforged trinket from a coin roll. (I know what are the odds )

Am I correct that the research so far indicates that we should go for the 6799/8094 haste breakpoint if we have the trinket and use the EA glyph?

Quote Originally Posted by Soul_Saviour View Post
    Just killed Lei Shen 25 Normal a few hours ago and I got thunderforged trinket from a coin roll. (I know what are the odds )

Am I correct that the research so far indicates that we should go for the 6799/8094 haste breakpoint if we have the trinket and use the EA glyph?
    You should make sure that you have at least the nearest doom (with glyph) breakpoint, but beyond that normal wisdom holds true.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think something to normalize the proc chance got hotfixed in, I'm getting procs within the first 30s on basically ever pull that I've done.

I am getting some early procs aswell although this is not on every attempt it does seem to happen more often then when I first tested the trinket.

In regards to the recent hotfixes of 12 March (Corr and Doom -25% dam) is it still worth going for the EA glyph which reduces damage by another 20%? Or should we just go for the 8097 breakpoint and don't use the EA glyph?
    Last edited by Soul_Saviour; 2013-03-12 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soul_Saviour View Post
    I am getting some early procs aswell although this is not on every attempt it does seem to happen more often then when I first tested the trinket.

In regards to the recent hotfixes of 12 March (Corr and Doom -25% dam) is it still worth going for the EA glyph which reduces damage by another 20%? Or should we just go for the 8097 breakpoint and don't use the EA glyph?
    The whole point of using the glyph was to get more imp damage, which hasn't really changed. If anything the doom nerf may make the glyph more beneficial.

**EDIT**

To clarify my statement:

The downside of using the EA glyph as demo was the loss of corruption and doom damage, which was compensated by both an increased uptime of 100% crit on Doom, and the extra fury/damage gained by spawning more imps.

Now that corruption and doom have been nerfed by 25%, we lose less damage than before, while gaining the same amount of damage (roughly).

Hence the glyph is probably even better than before with Unerring Vision.
    Last edited by Brusalk; 2013-03-12 at 08:15 PM.

Yea that's true, I'll just check it out over the next few weeks and see what it gives.

The frequency of the ticks does not change just because you hit a haste threshold, it simply adds a tick which accounts for the longer duration

Quote Originally Posted by Curseursor View Post
    Yes it does, until you exceed a haste breakpoint your dots will happen more frequently reducing the overall duration of the dot, once exceeded the duration returns to the normal amount with an additional tick. Throw doom up on a target pre haste buff and mouseover then post haste buff and mouseover again, you'll see that it says causes X damage every Y seconds and Y will be smaller with the haste buff unless you exceed a breakpoint
    What I said is correct, I'm not sure where the confusion is?

An example: Lets say you are 1 haste rating below the haste threshold of the next doom tick, lets say the doom duration is 50 sec, and lets say doom has 5 ticks now, that makes its tick frequency 1 tick/10s.

What happens when that 1 haste is added? Duration goes back up to 60 sec, and gains a 6th tick, this makes the tick frequency 1 tick/10s still.

I get what your saying and i am wrong in saying that we should be just under the haste breakpoints but i know there's a haste point where you can increase the frequency of the ticks. So basically what im asking is, why wouldn't we go for those points to increase the frequency of the imp spawns instead of trying to increase the number of ticks.
    Because haste does both things at once, haste always increase frequency of the ticks at all times.

yeah, I'm just being dumb, i understand now... 36 hours no sleep + ran out of coffee = special brain power

yeah, I'm just being dumb, i understand now... 36 hours no sleep + ran out of coffee = special brain power
    Did you delete your posts?

It ruins the whole point of forums and the continuity of forums if you delete posts. Especially when people are responding to them.

Wow, this is VERY interesting.. I definately need to get my hands on a UVLS to try this out now!

This is going to sound stupid.. but I guess this is without the Wild Imps glyph?

Quote Originally Posted by Aùssa02 View Post
    Wow, this is VERY interesting.. I definately need to get my hands on a UVLS to try this out now!

This is going to sound stupid.. but I guess this is without the Wild Imps glyph?
    It has no effect on the wild imps glyph.

Brusalk, check out mr robots new haste tool, it has the breakpoints for all buffs and even has em for the glyph
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/haste So happy they added it , makes math so much easier.

Im about to try hitting the 8094 haste cap to get 2 extra ticks of doom, (8080 4 extra corruptions and 8064, 2 extra shadowflames)

I tried going from Mastery>>>Haste>Crit to Mastery>Haste=Crit yesterday and lost a ridiculous amount of dps. Ill post what I get from the new haste cap, going to have to regem a little bit.

GoSac, Everlasting Affliction, UVoLS 530ilvl

EDIT: So just going off sims alone, with a 6.7k haste base 172378.8 DPS
    After 30 minutes on a raiders dummy self buffed, 140k dps ish

EDIT: Goofed up, forgot I needed the haste buff, got a buddy, 150k ish

About to reforge and see what happends

EDIT: Sims show 175019.0
    Dummy dps went up to about 155k, seems legit

P.S. Im an idiot when it comes to calculating these things, so if you think what I wrote here makes 0 sense, you are most likely correct.

P.P.S something thats actually on topic, dont forget to use pandemic to your advantage. If you dont like the glyph, double cast your doom when the trinket procs to instantly increase its duration. Lose 1 global, but gain a lot more uptime.
    Last edited by Hexotic; 2013-05-28 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aùssa02 View Post

This is something many people overlook: the Imp Swarm glyph *only* affects the "Demonic Calling" effect of Wild Imps, i.e. the guaranteed spawn every 20s through Soul Fire, Touch of Chaos, and Shadow Bolt. It will *not* affect imps spawning from critical Doom ticks. This effect *continues* while Imp Swarm is on cooldown.