Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Mininum rating required to transmog lv60 PVP gear?

Patch 5.1 made it so players with a high enough battleground rank could purchase and transmog the replica lv60 PVP gear, but how high a rating do you need to get the required rank?

i would assume to the equal ratings to old titles to field marshal rating for field marshal set etc

Deleted
    you mean 5.2. And you need 1,8k or 2,2k

what the fuck ... are they actually letting you transmog with rbg rating if you don't have the FoS?

15+ Year Old Account
    hopefully it's just a ptr bug, as I have not seen any patch notes about it
    Sig by Safhira

They put that in for 5.2, how would it be a ptr bug....
    Last edited by Bryntrollian; 2013-03-03 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    what the fuck ... are they actually letting you transmog with rbg rating if you don't have the FoS?
    Quote Originally Posted by soulyouth View Post
    hopefully it's just a ptr bug, as I have not seen any patch notes about it
    It's not.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Characters that have attained requisite title levels (Centurion, Knight-Captain, Grand Marshal, High Warlord, etc.) through the Rated Battleground system will be able to purchase old PVP items requiring those titles.
    Last edited by Vereesa; 2013-03-03 at 12:29 PM.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

15+ Year Old Account
    because rbgs have anything to do with vanilla pvp, another spit in the face of old school players
    Sig by Safhira

Deleted
    because rbgs have anything to do with vanilla pvp, another spit in the face of old school players
    I dont get people like you, everyone should deserve being able to get what the game provides. Exclusiveness should only excist in progression.
    You better change your mindset.

You have to have the Grand Marshal / High Warlord titles from RBG if you want the epic set.

So 2.4k.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahynn View Post
    i would assume to the equal ratings to old titles to field marshal rating for field marshal set etc
    Hmm, could be.

This is a really nice change, sucks that i only have rank 7 in the old system and therefor not being able to use the old PVP gear

Deleted
    Yes because having been around back then and only playing one character obviously means you deserve to be a special snowflake.

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    You have to have the Grand Marshal / High Warlord titles from RBG if you want the epic set.

So 2.4k.
    Fun fact. People way below High Warlord can currently transmog the gear already if they have some FoS, fairly sure rank 8 was enough. Rank 8 was a joke, I know some guy who got it on his hunter on a dead realm just by doing pvp on the side.

Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    ^^^wants to be a special snowflake

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tronux View Post
    I dont get people like you, everyone should deserve being able to get what the game provides. Exclusiveness should only excist in progression.
    You better change your mindset.
    I don't get people like you either ;D How does it feel like a reward if everyone is handed it? The game solely is based around exclusiveness. Granted, some people enjoy the chat-room like environment and just hanging out... but the basis of this game is to build up your character/guild/etc. I don't find fun in being handed something without putting forth effort. Those of us who obtained Grand Marshal / High Warlord were respected for the achievement back in Vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I don't get people like you either ;D How does it feel like a reward if everyone is handed it? The game solely is based around exclusiveness. Granted, some people enjoy the chat-room like environment and just hanging out... but the basis of this game is to build up your character/guild/etc. I don't find fun in being handed something without putting forth effort. Those of us who obtained Grand Marshal / High Warlord were respected for the achievement back in Vanilla.
    As much as I LOVE vanilla (BC/Wotlk still my favs) ....alot of competetive people didn't start during Vanilla, ...does that shorten them out? I understand putting perhaps a harder challenge for it that's definately what should happen, but for it to be permanently only locked to oldschool players is just asking for special snowflake.
    Howay the lads!

Um.....really?!

How did you gain pvp ranks in vanilla pvp?

Battlegrounds....not arenas...not world pvp....battlegrounds.

PvP ranks were not dictated by skill either, it was pure attrition, putting in 12+ hours a day for months hoping the other people going for that rank went to bed early. It was also gained by abusing the system and having the current marshals/warlords grandfather the ranks to you, usually from guildies or very close friends.

It was far...FAR from the golden ideal pvp you think it was. In fact, aside from the changes to AV...its literally no different than regular bgs now...let alone rgbs. RGBs are actually MORE difficult than old vanilla pvp, because back then you could just create a stacked premade, scout for pug bgs...and roll them over and over.

This is the silliest argument I have seen.

So because you had something many years ago, nobody should be allowed to have it now...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeShmo View Post
    RGBs are actually MORE difficult than old vanilla pvp, because back then you could just create a stacked premade, scout for pug bgs...and roll them over and over..
    Just buy a boost bro. You can have 2.4k in a single evening.

RBGs take skill bro.