Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Shattered Halls. Bots are loving it.

For those on PvP realms, or any realm, /who shattered halls.

I got 44 hits on my server alone. It's the new Halls of Lightning. I've been camping them for a while now. All level 80 hunters with the exact same gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, you're right. o_o I have a full list, so probably tons more than I'm seeing. Time to write up a ticket.

I checked Illidan horde, because thats where I see most of them from....yea, maxed out list at 49.

And...this means.....????

Do you make lots of gold from farming the instance or something?

Deleted
    Why may I ask are people bot farming this instance?

What are they farming in there? Enchanting mats?

Who the hell cares, does shitnamesaw have nothing else to do but camp 80's and post useless topics?

Infracted. Keep it civil
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-03-04 at 04:53 AM.

This has been going on since WotLK. Same with stratholme.

Could be the Netherweave cloth. Tons of mobs in it...that's the only thing I could think of.

Halls of Lightning was popular right before MoP hit (or maybe it was when MoP hit) for the amount of frostweave

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringerbell View Post
    Who the hell cares, does shitnamesaw have nothing else to do but camp 80's and post useless topics?
    Not really useless if it's informational, especially since bots have been a hot topic for a bit now. Don't rain on his parade because your little scheme has been discovered.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sun-Ra View Post
    This has been going on since WotLK. Same with stratholme.
    And this very thing (Shattered Halls botting) has had a thread or two on MMO already.

Eh, report it if you feel better, but I don't think much will come of it.

When it's something this large (and obvious) I do believe it does some good.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is bizarre.

Only eight on my realm but yeah, all level 80 hunters.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Heroic shattered halls (I run it for Bladefist) gets me like 3 stacks of netherweave. I can't imagine that being the goal. I'm sure there are better spots, plus I know of easy ways to get lots of frostweave and embersilk much faster and those probably sell better on any server.

EDIT: Especially considering how linear the instance is. That much of a two way run for a few stacks of cloth and some vendorable greens? There must be another reason.

On Proudmoore Alliance there were at least 49, all level 80. I can't imagine what they're after in there.

Just did the same thing on my realm. All are level 80 hunters. Reported.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    Just did the same thing on my realm. All are level 80 hunters. Reported.
    Just another day's work for The Bot Police. We should all form a guild. Make a theme song. Go solve mysteries together in a tie-dyed van.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just checked my realm...41 80 hunters in Shattered Halls and 13 85 Paladins in Halls of Lightning. Those were the only toons at all in either instance.
    "Brevity is...wit"