Access to the Dinosaur Pens on Isle of Thunder?

So, I'll be honest here. I ran up the northern beach on IoT, and managed to easily jump up through the cracks in the rocks and got into the area past the first gate. I presumed it was meant to be in-accessible until the gate opened, but there were mobs up there, as well as battle pets. There was one of those invisible quest giver bubbles, and a few random goats as well.

So, is it intended that we get up there before the gates open? or is it just a fault on Blizzards part? I question this because I wouldn't expect them to have killable mobs up there yet, but then again, the gates would probably open ingame, rather than with a server restart.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Blizz isn't overly protective of the gated areas, as far as I know. I know (...because of reasons) that none of the rare spawns or troves of the thunder king are spawning in those areas. They also hotfixed the NPC that drops the Lightning Ingot material to not drop it for now as well, so really beyond exploring, there's not terribly much to do back there.

Engineering is also OP. Glider is OP. Goblin rocket jump is also OP.

Heroic Recruitment -- Hersh's multi-PoV kill vids. -- Raids & Dungeons & Hunter kitty
    no one huntars like gaston

Well, when you put it that way, I can understand easily.

The only real reason why I went up there was because I saw a Thundertail Flapper up there, and figured, why the heck not. Because them are ridonkulously hard to find in the Diremoor for some reason.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.