Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Take Bioware for instance.
    I'm not sure BioWare should even be called BioWare anymore, since the "Doctors" are gone.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i wont be buying any of their games for the forseeable future. Also people asking for sources, visit any gaming websites and you will see the hate, what do you expect him to do cite every individual comment?

The only good thing to come out of this company is opposing force, don't even know how they managed to stay afloat for 14years after that.

Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    Well i wont be buying any of their games for the forseeable future. Also people asking for sources, visit any gaming websites and you will see the hate, what do you expect him to do cite every individual comment?
    I do believe the problem is in how the OP presented it. It is worded much like how someone would summarize a news article yet there is no article, just his opinion and the perceived opinion of other gamers.

There's really no reason this couldn't have been posted in the A:CM megathread.

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    As of right now, following the great bomb that was Aliens: Colonial Marines, and the development controversy surrounding it, Gearbox, a once promising company, along with it's head, Randy Pitchford, are considered by many gamers as of now to be among the worst current game developers.

Gearbox made the popular and acclaimed Borderlands series, but it seems as of now, it's not enough to lift them out of their current situation.

Do you personally think all this outcry and hate is justified?
    I feel the hate is justified. I seen the ACM demo and the full game is 200% different in everyway. that is false advertising and anyone who got the game for 60$ here in the US should be able to return it for a full refund to whatever store they got it from ie Walmart/Gamestop ect..... and those games store's who sold the game should be able to get money from Gearbox due to wasting time/money on selling a shit title.

Everyone should read http://www.xbox360achievements.org/n...-Employee.html

OP read the link and decide if u want it in the OP or not Personally if it holds true then gearbox deserves all the hate it has and has even broke a few laws.

---------- Post added 2013-03-04 at 05:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zenko View Post
    Never played a Gearbox game.

The Aliens and Duke Nukem got much hate but thats what happens when games go through development hell and hop from house to house until someone decides to produce it. Gearbox could have easily passed those 2 games along but they didn't, so props for trying.
    http://www.xbox360achievements.org/n...-Employee.html shows they did pass it and may have even stole money from Sega.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-03-04 at 05:36 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I'm still waiting for the citations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I feel the hate is justified. I seen the ACM demo and the full game is 200% different in everyway. that is false advertising and anyone who got the game for 60$ here in the US should be able to return it for a full refund to whatever store they got it from ie Walmart/Gamestop ect..... and those games store's who sold the game should be able to get money from Gearbox due to wasting time/money on selling a shit title.

Everyone should read http://www.xbox360achievements.org/n...-Employee.html

OP read the link and decide if u want it in the OP or not Personally if it holds true then gearbox deserves all the hate it has.

---------- Post added 2013-03-04 at 05:32 PM ----------

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/n...-Employee.html shows they did pass it and may have even stole money from Sega.
    I have not played the Aliens games. But if what you are saying is true, that the Demo was completely different than the finished product, you may not be able to get a refund. A demo or trial is subject to change. Now, for the customer, how much change is the factor which would need to be proven. I mean if the game was a shooter and then when you bought it, it turned out to be a racing game. Then hands down, no question, total refund situation. But if there are just missing game mechanics and story changes, then I'm not too sure if you can get a refund.

/end devil's advocation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry but EA will forever wear this crown of shit and they have the golden poo poo to prove they deserve it.

Gearbox didnt have much to do with alien btw. It was another shitty company that took over because gearbox was busy with borderlands 2. And before gearbox had the chance to fix all the shit that other company ruined. Sega pressed them for a release. Gearbox is not to blame for colonial marines.
    Last edited by glowpipe; 2013-03-04 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I have not played the Aliens games. But if what you are saying is true, that the Demo was completely different than the finished product, you may not be able to get a refund. A demo or trial is subject to change. Now, for the customer, how much change is the factor which would need to be proven. I mean if the game was a shooter and then when you bought it, it turned out to be a racing game. Then hands down, no question, total refund situation. But if there are just missing game mechanics and story changes, then I'm not too sure if you can get a refund.

/end devil's advocation.
    Graphic's/Story and some Gameplay was 100% different. The demo looked like a game from 2012 the full release looks like a game from 2006. also with the link I posted showing Gearbox may have taken money that was for ACM used it on Borderlands is just down right theft.

---------- Post added 2013-03-04 at 05:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Gearbox didnt have much to do with alien btw. It was another shitty company that took over because gearbox was busy with borderlands 2. And before gearbox had the chance to fix all the shit that other company ruined. Sega pressed them for a release. Gearbox is not to blame for colonial marines.
    http://www.xbox360achievements.org/n...-Employee.html would disagree with you Gear box had a lot to do with it and kep pawning it off on other companys when in fact it should have been them making it. but they took money from Sega that was post to be used on ACM and used it on borderlands aka theft.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

What Gearbox did regarding A:CM was sketchy as hell, and it'll make me think twice about buying their games again. As much as I like Borderlands, you can't let companies get away with shit like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Graphic's/Story and some Gameplay was 100% different. The demo looked like a game from 2012 the full release looks like a game from 2006. also with the link I posted showing Gearbox may have taken money that was for ACM used it on Borderlands is just down right theft.

---------- Post added 2013-03-04 at 05:45 PM ----------

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/n...-Employee.html would disagree with you Gear box had a lot to do with it and kep pawning it off on other companys when in fact it should have been them making it. but they took money from Sega that was post to be used on ACM and used it on borderlands aka theft.

did you write that damn article??? thats the 3rd time youve linked and also in this thread there is yet to be any proof of gearbox using segas money for borderlands only people claiming it

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Gearbox had almost seven years to make this game, all the while claiming they loved it and it was going to be awesome. They shoved it onto Timegate and gave them less than two years to work on it.

And SEGA had given them tons of money to make the game and had given them repeated extensions to work on it. This did not tke seven years to make. SEGA is not at fault for pressing for a release after seven fucking years.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure how to count that as even near credible when the source blog for that article doesn't exist anymore.

You say that because of sucky Aliens game, while Borderlands 2 is the game of the year, imo.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Every company releases a flop every now and then. Gearbox is alright with me. Borderlands 1 & 2 were good games with excellent DLC compared to most other games. If they release a flop every now and then it's okay with me. I don't understand why anybody expected ACM to be decent, or Duke Nukem. There hasn't been a decent game in that franchise since AvP2.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Every company releases a flop every now and then. Gearbox is alright with me. Borderlands 1 & 2 were good games with excellent DLC compared to most other games. If they release a flop every now and then it's okay with me. I don't understand why anybody expected ACM to be decent, or Duke Nukem. There hasn't been a decent game in that franchise since AvP2.
    I expected a decent game because Gearbox had made some decent games and DNF is an understandable fluke due to its history. Plus there was that awesome demo video.

Turns out the demo was nothing but lies and Gearbox is run by people who apparently get off on getting in front of cameras and lying through their teeth. And it's clear they only care about their original IPs

There's a difference between a flop & shady business practices.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Velthy View Post
    You say that because of sucky Aliens game, while Borderlands 2 is the game of the year, imo.
    It better be, since Gearbox is apparently funneling all their effort into it, leaving nothing for other games.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    Honestly, Borderlands is the only Gearbox game I've played.

I also hated it, it's one of the worst games I've ever played. I'm also surprised that it is popular, I'm even more surprised at how much I despise it despite that fact. I mean, even if someone doesn't like something, but other people do, it usually has some redeeming quality about it.

I don't know how people can like a game where you shoot something in the face with a shotgun and it takes very little damage. I was also greatly irritated by the fact that the game has sniper rifles, but the moment you fire your weapon, whether the round hit or not, every enemy in the vicinity knows exactly where you are.

I don't even think that I had the ability to cook grenades.

I mean, I'm not asking for Skyrim (here i am referencing the ridiculous stealth combat found in skyrim) here, but my general feeling of the game is pretty negative aside from it's unique art style. It's just difficult for me to believe that it's actually from this generation. It's like something I'd expect from an N64 or the 4chan Chris Dorner game.

But you know, to be fair, a lot of games receive harsh criticism.[...]
    Yeah, it does not click with everyone, matter of taste I guess and it's not meant to be a realistic shooter anyway. Having a magician-like class is a clear giveaway for that. It's more like hack&slash with guns. I also liked the DLCs due to its humorous art style. BL2 is following up on that. I mean I in return don't like realistic shooters with real-world background myself that much.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!