Thread: Frost CM Help

Frost CM Help

So I have looked over past 15 pages and can't find any guides or threads about CM's could someone help me with some questions:

What kind of rotation do you use on 3-4 mob packs? At the moment I'm pretty much using single target rotation (frozen orb, mage bomb, Freeze, FBx3, then procs)

Which hit cap do you use (trash hit cap, or boss hitcap?)

Which mage bomb do you use, im guessing frost bomb will do alot of aoe dps if you time shatter right, but alot of people I see are using Nether Tempest.

Any pro tips for pushing out a little more dps, or more control (other than the standard RoF etc)

Deleted
    Nether tempest is used for signel target dps and/or is you HAVE to use it because you have LotC (which only procs on dots)

I'm guessing there's nothing new on a 3/4 mobs pack, use glyphed icelance on cleave packs / boss (I guess), and do your usual rotation with frostbomb. Works for me in heroics/challenge mode (I raid as arcane)

15+ Year Old Account
    You might also want to try casting up Frost Bomb and time your Freeze to hit just before the Frost Bomb goes off AND also hit those mobs with glyphed Cone of Cold at the same time.

The ensuing numbers popping on your screen will make you wet, I can guarantee ;]

Deleted
    It largely depends on your group set-up and the instance.

As Eihwaz also pointed out, if you have LotC NT/Living Bomb (using Fire Blast glyph) are better options as they allow you to proc the Int bonus, BUT THEY ARE NOT NECESSARY, I did almost all of my CMs w/ Frost Bomb despite the fact that I was using LotC and we still walked 9/9 Gold using Rogue, Lock, Prot War, Disco Priest.

Generically speaking, Shattering Frost Bomb and Shattering CoC will provide you with the best AoE DPS along with Frozen orb. Single target or cleave instances you're better off with NT/LB.

Hit cap is 15%.

As for control, it just depends on what's needed again. If your group lacks overall CC you'll have to find a balance between pushing DPS and controlling, but make sure (most importantly) that you use your cooldowns efficiently. It's better to get higher uptime on them rather than just use them for bosses.