DW vs 2Hander Frost, 5.2.

As i personally will not be playing Unholy in 5.2, but will be sticking with the good old frost specc, im curious to know what your opinions are on DW and 2Hander Frost in 5.2? I am currently 2Hander, but thinking of going back to DW in 5.2, as this is the specc im most comfortable with.

Thoughts?

2h frost and unholy are top single target DK specs. DW frost is best for cleave.

Deleted
    My opinion is this.

Play what you prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    My opinion is this.

Play what you prefer.
    the specc most people prefer is the specc that does the most damage.

Deleted
    I find 2h easier to play with, not entirely sure why but I found it to out perform duel wield in boss fights. Even with my DK's gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Friberg View Post
    Thats not the case for me, i play what i think is more fun

Your stat weights are different so it depends how much haste and or mastery, DW is going to do tons more frost damage, 2H will do much more physical.

TBH I play according to the best weapon I loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    TBH I play according to the best weapon I loot.

This is accurate

Quote Originally Posted by Friberg View Post
    I play video games for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Assumi View Post
    So do i. And playing the specc that does the most damage makes it fun!

I'm just curious which one is higher up. I like both play styles and have weapons to support both. Just wondering which one is turning out the higher numbers atm.

Don't people find the Advantage in Range and on Demand AoE of DW hard to ever pass up in actual real raid encounters vs simmed dps...thats generally my issue. I love DW frost just for simply the fact you feel like a caster melee...and you get all the benefits of that as well..

Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    Thats not the case for me, i play what i think is more fun
    Some people enjoy performing well and winning, and other people enjoy dicking around. You can't really be so blind as to think "Play what you want to play" is insightful advice...

Especially when it's a difference in weapon choice, there's just way too little difference between the two spec's playstyles for me and a lot of other people to give a toss about which playstyle is minutely more fun. We go for results, since the rest is the same anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Assumi View Post
    I have fun being competitive in my damage output. Which spec does more damage then the other matters to me.

But then again I'm the kind of person that will re-gem/re-enchant all my gear and drop a profession only to power level another to get a 1% increase in dps, or pay for a race change if a racial will grant a slight increase in dps.

It is what it is. To each their own.