Looking for some input on a few specific comps for 5.2

I'm looking to play either my spriest or uhdk. Probably will play both. My friend has a ww monk, feral, mage. What would be the strongest set up here, with current ptr standings? God comp? FPS? WW Spriest shaman? My dk I'd prefer to run probably dk sp shaman, so I'll play that with different friends. When it comes to playing with my best friend, spriest with either mage, feral, or ww? All seem good, what are your thoughts?

spriest mage x, with either shaman or druid, monk might work as well. idk about your skill level, but with good synergy id pick god comp.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhilin View Post
    spriest mage x, with either shaman or druid, monk might work as well. idk about your skill level, but with good synergy id pick god comp.
    I've been playing at 2k+ mmr on spriest since wotlk, my friend also has been playing mage since tbc and is very skilled. It is the logical choice, just wondering if ww or feral would be better, even dk.

Also wondering which spec will work better PI or Proc, Probably situational..
    Last edited by ProteinShake; 2013-03-04 at 03:12 PM.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    shatterplay has the most potential i think. but i prefer melee comps like dk/feral/x. easier to play and more fun imo. i usually play disc at 2k but ive got alot of shadow exp this season. im still gona roll proc spec for shadow. more mobile.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

If i were you, i'd ask him what he likes to play the most. Monk, feral, dk and mage will all be strong. Another thing to keep in mind, theres quite a difference in plays-styles. Mage-spriest is all about swaps and heavy CC, while dk-spriest is constant pressure with damage. Think more about what fits your play style and what you find the most fun to play, rather than what class is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhilin View Post
    If i were you, i'd ask him what he likes to play the most. Monk, feral, dk and mage will all be strong. Another thing to keep in mind, theres quite a difference in plays-styles. Mage-spriest is all about swaps and heavy CC, while dk-spriest is constant pressure with damage. Think more about what fits your play style and what you find the most fun to play, rather than what class is better.
    I couldn't agree more, and we had that discussion. He will continue playing his mage, and do a bit of feral. My favorite comp is dk sp shaman, luckily I found a shaman and sp on ptr that I played with for a few months, leveling my dk on sargeras ally. Who knew ptr is where friendships are formed =P.

Quote Originally Posted by ProteinShake View Post
    I'm looking to play either my spriest or uhdk. Probably will play both. My friend has a ww monk, feral, mage. What would be the strongest set up here, with current ptr standings? God comp? FPS? WW Spriest shaman? My dk I'd prefer to run probably dk sp shaman, so I'll play that with different friends. When it comes to playing with my best friend, spriest with either mage, feral, or ww? All seem good, what are your thoughts?
    Player 1
    Shadow Priest
    Unholy DK

Player 2
    Punchmonk
    Feral
    Mage

Player 3
    Shaman?

Viable comps:
    Spriest / Mage / x - Shatterplay
    Spriest / Feral / x - FPS
    Spriest / WW / x - ??

DK / Feral / x - Ebolacleave
    DK / WW / x - ??

Next patch Ferals are still strong, DKs are stronger, Mages are about the same and Spriests are stronger. All of the above comps will be viable, DK/WW is probably the worst and all the others will be top tier viable. All of them will be able to go 2.2.

Spriest/Mage and Spriest/Feral will both do really well again, but DK/Feral is probably the easiest to play and get high ratings.