1. #1
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Posts
    953

    [Resto PvP] Please help a noob!

    Hello!

    I'm mainly playing pve, but a few weeks ago i thought i should give pvp a try.. i'm playing 2v2 together with a moonkin friend of mine and we suck but thats not the question.. i'm seeking for help regarding gems, enchants, talents and such stuff.

    also i'm unsure wether to buy the ilvl 470 weapon or not. i tried comparing my healing output using my 496 (504) sha weapon vs the 470 pvp mace and unfortunately the pvp power seems completely wasted.. should i focus on other items first?

    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nette/advanced this is my little resto shaman, maybe some of you have the time and patience to help me


    please pardon my bad english... :/

  2. #2
    Boomkin/rsham is a terrible comp bro. Try to go for as much resil as possible no matter what, since melee teams will just shit on you. No point in having big heals if you get dropped too quickly to use them. Your meta is awful, switch it out for a real one (spirit + 3% crit). All I could think of off the bat

  3. #3
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Posts
    953
    and what about the weapon? i know its a terrible comp but we want to play together..^^

  4. #4
    Feral/rsham isn't a bad combo. I don't know the stats on the weapon, but with the new season coming up, you should aim to grab that weapon instead.

  5. #5
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Posts
    953
    new weapons doesnt matter anyway since its THIS season we're talking about right now. and we'll stay rsham/boomkin..

    My PvE Weapon is in my Armory..

    http://www.wowhead.com/item=84971 this is the PvP Weapon.

  6. #6
    THIS season is either about to end or already has ended, and the new weapons are coming out pretty soon, so it'd be better to save up for them.

  7. #7
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Posts
    953
    what shoul i save up? conquest points? they will be converted to honor points so why should i save up for them? so i can buy the season 12 items with honor points? exact same thing as buying them now

    can really nobody help or suggest what may help?

  8. #8
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA, Lima Ohio
    Posts
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post
    THIS season is either about to end or already has ended, and the new weapons are coming out pretty soon, so it'd be better to save up for them.
    Nah if he has the points spend em, on patch conquest are converted!
    Haf-932 /// Asus Maximus Iv Extreme /// 2600k Overclocked ~ 4.4ghz /// 8gb Corsair Dominator DHX RAM
    160gb Intel SSD /// WD Black 500GB /// 1000 Corsair PSU /// Msi Twin Frozr Gtx 680 Overclocked ~ 1135Mhz/1200Mhz

  9. #9
    I recommend you go double DPS, the matches will be fun and fast.

  10. #10
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Posts
    953
    unfortunately i'm not really comfortable with enhance pvp (in fact i suck!). also, getting proper gear for it now would be pretty difficult i guess
    Last edited by Xarganthos; 2013-03-04 at 07:01 AM.

  11. #11
    He can also play 3's which only last like 3 minutes max and will help him improve as a player a lot more then 2's. What comps do you have trouble with? Btw you want to gem resilience look at a high rated shamans armory like taylorswift. Learn to key bind, focus marcos, and get interrupt bar. Moonkin/Shaman is hard so good luck.
    Last edited by worsthitmanNa; 2013-03-04 at 09:57 AM.
    You're right except for 2 things.

    1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

  12. #12
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Posts
    613
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarganthos View Post
    Hello!

    I'm mainly playing pve, but a few weeks ago i thought i should give pvp a try.. i'm playing 2v2 together with a moonkin friend of mine and we suck but thats not the question.. i'm seeking for help regarding gems, enchants, talents and such stuff.

    also i'm unsure wether to buy the ilvl 470 weapon or not. i tried comparing my healing output using my 496 (504) sha weapon vs the 470 pvp mace and unfortunately the pvp power seems completely wasted.. should i focus on other items first?

    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nette/advanced this is my little resto shaman, maybe some of you have the time and patience to help me


    please pardon my bad english... :/
    Here is a list that may help you get started

    -Old meta gem. New one is Revitalizing Primal Diamond.
    -Wrong second trinket. Definetly no 'the' trinket that clears all effects. Get the Medaillon of Meditation, even the blue one is better (so may be wise to get that next patch).
    -Stone Bulwark Totem is the worst totem regarding PvP. I would recommend Nature's Guardian especially since it's nice buff in 5.2. When you get better at it, you can swap to Astral Shift when you feel confident.
    -Swap Primal Elementalist to Unleashed Fury. If your target is on low health, an Unleash Elements + that talent + AS with big heal can easily push out 300k if it crits. That is one hell of a heal.
    -Glyphs are wrong. You definetly want Glyph of Ghost Wolf as it will not lower your speed below 100% which is nice. Swap that for Totemic Recall. Glyph of Purge will be bad in 5.2, but I have yet to find out a suitable replacement for it.
    -PvP weapon is really mandatory. You may not notice it yet with your kri'thak weapon, but it is a huge bonus.
    -Keep the Relic of Chi-ji for the time being, it is a nice amount of mana regen.

    Anybody that says that Boomkin/rsham is a bad comp can just shoot theirselves. Sure, it may not reach the top of the bracket, but if you're good at it, you can get 2.2k in the long run. And far more satisfying then facerolling it with a melee class.

    Hope this list helps you on your way
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

  13. #13
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Posts
    953
    Quote Originally Posted by Schadow View Post
    Here is a list that may help you get started

    -Old meta gem. New one is Revitalizing Primal Diamond.
    -Wrong second trinket. Definetly no 'the' trinket that clears all effects. Get the Medaillon of Meditation, even the blue one is better (so may be wise to get that next patch).
    -Stone Bulwark Totem is the worst totem regarding PvP. I would recommend Nature's Guardian especially since it's nice buff in 5.2. When you get better at it, you can swap to Astral Shift when you feel confident.
    -Swap Primal Elementalist to Unleashed Fury. If your target is on low health, an Unleash Elements + that talent + AS with big heal can easily push out 300k if it crits. That is one hell of a heal.
    -Glyphs are wrong. You definetly want Glyph of Ghost Wolf as it will not lower your speed below 100% which is nice. Swap that for Totemic Recall. Glyph of Purge will be bad in 5.2, but I have yet to find out a suitable replacement for it.
    -PvP weapon is really mandatory. You may not notice it yet with your kri'thak weapon, but it is a huge bonus.
    -Keep the Relic of Chi-ji for the time being, it is a nice amount of mana regen.

    Anybody that says that Boomkin/rsham is a bad comp can just shoot theirselves. Sure, it may not reach the top of the bracket, but if you're good at it, you can get 2.2k in the long run. And far more satisfying then facerolling it with a melee class.

    Hope this list helps you on your way
    yeah sorry, forgot to change glyphs and talents. those are for raiding :x but didnt knew that stone bulwark is bad, every site i was on listed it as the to-go tier 15 talent.

    i'm not really into keybinding, focus target macros and stuff. hope that changes with more pvp experience.

    you're right i didnt notice a gain in healing power when testing a pvp weapon. in fact i was healing less than with my pve weapon so i bought other items first.. regarding the trinket, i know i made a mistake not taking the medaillon =/

    guess i'll just farm honor points now and wait for 5.2

    anyway thanks for your help so far


    @ hitmannoob
    is the way he's gemming also viable in low level arena? dont know if there's a clear difference


    pardon my english^^

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •