Deleted

5.2 Rune of Power no longer nerfed?

Did I miss one of the PTR patch notes where Rune of Power is no longer nerfed because I don't see it in the "Official 5.2 Patch Notes" anymore?

Deleted
    can't know for sure.

I really don't think the nerf will be reverted.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was still written in the datamined patch notes I read 20 minutes ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    It was still written in the datamined patch notes I read 20 minutes ago.
    Wasn't it official previously though?

It was also in the tooltips last I checked PTR (about a week ago)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember there are three levels of notes:

PTR Patch Notes might not have all changes logged in the latest build, they often serve as a changelog, not as a compendium.

MMO datamined patch notes are also not official, but show most changes and sometimes even some false data.

Official 5.2. patch notes aren't out yet.

Deleted
    I know official patch notes aren't out hence my " "
    But nothing about RoP in the patch notes on MMOchamp main page
    Nor is it in the battlenet patchnotes who are updated on 25th Feb!

Quote Originally Posted by lootinc View Post
    I know official patch notes aren't out hence my " "
    But nothing about RoP in the patch notes on MMOchamp main page
    Nor is it in the battlenet patchnotes who are updated on 25th Feb!
    Would make up a bit for the loss of Mastery value. Arcane Charges alone hurt our Mastery. This nerf to RoP was unnecessary and overkill.

Granted, talking about this isn't going to accomplish much. It's going to be a wait-and-see for when the Patch Notes are finally official.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I said above, the PTR notes are not a comprehensive list of all changes. I am fairly confident that the RoP change will hit live and I agree that it is overkill.

As I said above, the PTR notes are not a comprehensive list of all changes. I am fairly confident that the RoP change will hit live and I agree that it is overkill.
    Ignoring the fact that so many fights in ToT are movement-heavy and the fact that world-first guilds are dropping Mages because Warlocks have full mobility and do shit better than we do... RoP shouldn't be so crappy imo. The only incentive to use it as Fire/Frost is for the extra global/two you save each time you put one down instead of Invo.

Also, Arcane's damage is still really low. I don't get why they nerfed RoP in the first place when it's already god awful. GC even said "RoP is an issue" and he mentioned how he wanted to fix it. If fixing it is nerfing it, then I don't quite understand the issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Arcane nerf started with Scorch and RoP and only then continued with damage itself. They never looked back at RoP then. Rather, I assumed they did, but felt it didn't require reverting.

The Arcane nerf started with Scorch and RoP and only then continued with damage itself. They never looked back at RoP then. Rather, I assumed they did, but felt it didn't require reverting.
    Granted, GC also wanted to fix IW. That also got nerfed.

Did he actually mean the issues were that those two talents were too good? That'd be a hilarious joke if it's the case.

The only thing I'm looking forward to really is playing with a < 3s Invocation, despite having one of our best glyphs nerfed.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...3#post20410633

i see no ROP changes....... zzzzzz what trickery is this!!!!

oh and hi dragon welcome back from stuff :P
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Funnily enough, the RoP nerf coupled with the Invocation nerf killed Invocation Arcane as a playstyle (not that there was much 'playstyle' in it in the first place).

RoP Arcane just outperforms Invocation outright now, meaning Arcanists (should they wish to challenge fate and take up Arcane for 5.2) will be grounded to the circle, which will hurt given movement fights... a lot.

I think at this point (especially given Blizz's latest statements) everyone is ready for them to scrap these talents and start from scratch, even Blizz themselves. Though it seems the other thing everyone also knows is that it can't happen before next expo, which sucks... a lot.

Mages lost 5.2.