528 Voice vs 517 Taoren

FD doesn't seem to have a Thunderforged Voice of the Quilen, so I'm wondering right now if it may be better than my current 517 Taoren. Has anyone done the math here?

Pretty sure at that point the item level / dps will make the 528 better.

I'm seeing the 522 version beating out my 517 as well so the Thunderforged version would definitely beat it.

BM:528Voice>517Taoren>522Voice
    SV:528Voice>517Taoren>522Voice
    MM:528Voice>522Voice>517Taoren
    Last edited by hawaii; 2013-03-06 at 06:12 AM.

Hey guys, a bit change of subject, considering the question has been answered...

How come you are choosing Voice over e.g. Baleful gaze?

I know that Voice gives more agi (+80 in fact - but looses 31 2ndary stats), but Baleful Gaze has a higher minimum damage (and therefore lower maximum) than the other 2.

I suck at setting up FD, so I can't sim the differences between the 2, but I was just wondering if someone could give me a short recap of why voice is better.

Mechagnome
    They have same average damage and same weapon speed, so in terms of weapon damage they are same. Different min/max values only change the randomness, they have no effect on overall average value.
    Old Gods made me do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganbai View Post
    Hey guys, a bit change of subject, considering the question has been answered...

How come you are choosing Voice over e.g. Baleful gaze?

I know that Voice gives more agi (+80 in fact - but looses 31 2ndary stats), but Baleful Gaze has a higher minimum damage (and therefore lower maximum) than the other 2.

I suck at setting up FD, so I can't sim the differences between the 2, but I was just wondering if someone could give me a short recap of why voice is better.
    Tested with my gear with compensating for hit/exp caps as needed with +stats(because I cba to reforge <3):

Voice: 112108.80 DPS
    Tortoise: 112441.77
    Gaze: 111982.78

From this quick and possibly not-so-accurate testing, Tortoise wins, however in Heroic T15 lvl gear, I'd imagine Voice winning as you don't need all the hit/exp from Tortoise.