Page 1 of 3
LastLast

whos excited to dump their fury spec

i am!

hopefully arms can compete in the dps race again.

Hold your horses there just a dang minute - I doubt, while its possible, i strangle remember a simcraft not long ago, for tier 15hc, that put fury quite a bit ahead again - Cant seem to find it, my link to it seems to have broken, so i dont have a souce, while obviously things might change for lowerIlevel - I doubt youll be saying your goodbyes forever.

The Simcraft you are thinking of was using Fury gemming/reforging even for Arms, which's stat weights were haste>crit>mastery with meta and 2 rppm trinkets. It was also pre-Execute nerf. However, they should all be VERY close in terms of dps right now. Fury probably will still win out, and Arms will only stack haste when it gets either 2 rppm trinkets or a trinket and the new meta, so until then, it probably won't be as good as Fury. And this may also change on a fight per fight basis.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not unless they gut fury in 5.3/4!

I hate to poop on your dreams, but this was run with the latest simcraft SVN. I recently re-did the fury profiles (Listed as "New-SMF" and "New-TG") and squeezed another 10k out of them.

http://i.imgur.com/sydcIz7.png

The arms profile listed there has been mostly optimized.

What changes were made to get than much of a substantial gain?

Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    I hate to poop on your dreams, but this was run with the latest simcraft SVN. I recently re-did the fury profiles (Listed as "New-SMF" and "New-TG") and squeezed another 10k out of them.

http://i.imgur.com/sydcIz7.png

The arms profile listed there has been mostly optimized.
    Both fury specs require a good deal of scaling though right? Making it possibly more beneficial to start the tier as arms and transition at some point when you're in a majority of new gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    What changes were made to get than much of a substantial gain?
    Half of the gains came from optimizing gear and actually using ra-den loot like all the other profiles do. The other half came from a few things:

1: Changed recklessness/bloodbath/skull banner/engineering tinker/ to fit with 3 minute reck and 4 piece t 15. This was around a 3k dps increase in itself as it was previously using recklessness every 5 minutes and did not sync skull banner with reck. Originally I thought that de-syncing T15 4 piece banner and reck would be best, but it didn't work out that way.

2: In a scenario like this:

BT-CS-

Where you get a raging blow proc from both the BT and the CS, it was doing the following:

BT-CS-RB-BT-RB-RB

Which was wasting a charge of raging blow about half the time. I added in this line above bloodthirst:

actions+=/raging_blow,if=buff.raging_blow.stack=2&debuff.colossus_smash.up&target.health.pct>=20

which forced it to do:

BT-CS-RB-RB-BT-RB

Which netted around 700~ dps. Simcraft already tries to "save" a raging blow proc for colossus smash, and it was being wasted. This change benefited TG a little more than SMF, which did close the gap between the two ever so slightly.

3: Now uses bloodsurge procs during execute phase. Very small dps gain, somewhere in the 50-100 range.

4: I changed execute usage itself to be a little "smarter", this is very much a work in progress, and I'm still trying to clean it up.
    actions+=/execute,if=buff.enrage.up|debuff.colossus_smash.up|rage>90|target.time_to_die<12|buff.reck lessness.up

I tried screwing around with tying ability usage to whether or not we were enraged, but due to how high our enrage uptime is, that didn't help out any.

As far as scaling goes, Arms is indeed closer with worse gear, but it never overtakes fury even in <500 gear.

Me, pretty much.

And Collision is talking about pre-RPPM changes DPS, so things could be quite different now. I predict almost equal DPS in sims, perhaps even higher for Arms.

Problem really is that Fury has a mastery what scales all damage up by mastery's rating precent, while arms has "nothing" in there to make sure it would even keep up. Actually all the top specs with each class seem to have this similar outcome. So with increased crit and mastery, in the end fury is just going to scale up so much better and get more convenient and predictable to play with a higher crit %.

So even if those sims aren't going to be accurate atm I'm not really suprised. I'm still going to try Arms on next patch on the first bosses, just to check how it will work out. At least the rotation is "rock stable" now so although there aren't that much of a burst going on, the RNG-freedom can work better on some matches where a high mobility and utility is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaljurei View Post
    Me, pretty much.

And Collision is talking about pre-RPPM changes DPS, so things could be quite different now. I predict almost equal DPS in sims, perhaps even higher for Arms.
    http://i.imgur.com/r8WeeFG.png

Currently the reverberating meta is better than the legendary for SMF. >_>

(Just keep in mind that this is really early data.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Not me.

I hate the way Arms plays this expansion.

I'll be playing Fury for as long as I can maintain a ridiculous critical strike rating.

Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/r8WeeFG.png

Currently the reverberating meta is better than the legendary for SMF. >_>

(Just keep in mind that this is really early data.)
    Read that as well. Pretty hilarious.

Very happy to be able to go back to arms (without feeling like choosing a dps handicap), they kept their promise and all but closed the dps gap to fury. Chances are Fury remains the "better" dps spec on paper, but I don't mind much. When you enjoy the spec, that boosts your dps considerably.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Hate arms, so no. I won't be going there.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Me. Hated fury so far this expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll try arms for sure but tbh i don't expect it to be better that fury. Arms don't have mechanics that scale so well. Fury got Mastery that incrase dmg while enraged, new t15 bonus that allow enrage proc from auto attacks, new gear will provide more crit, more crit=more raging blow,more enrage uptime= overall win

Blizz fucked up with arms in this expansion, in pve at least

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz fucked up with arms in this expansion, in pve at least
    You can remove the pve part there, it is completely FUBAR in pvp tomorrow too. Cant survive outside of D, cant get enough rage to put out good damage in D. Hooray!
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    You can remove the pve part there, it is completely FUBAR in pvp tomorrow too. Cant survive outside of D, cant get enough rage to put out good damage in D. Hooray!
    Oh no! You'll have to go in Battle Stance to do damage! The sky is falling!!

Deleted
    Not me, I don't like arms D: