Should I change to a UI?

I have been using the stock standard blizzard UI for... =/

Anyway I've been thinking about it and I'm at an impasse. I'm worried that swapping over will mess with my playing since I'll be all like "Where the hell is that ability again?" and then everyone dies a painful death. I tried Bartender but got tired of it really. Is ElvUI any better? Does it offer more built in stuff? I hate having to rummage about for things. Rather tweek one addon. Will changing my UI actually help me in any magical way...
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Use what you're comfortable playing with.

Quote Originally Posted by AutomaticBadger View Post
    "Where the hell is that ability again?" .
    Keybind and stop clicking. Problem solved.

Deleted
    This x 100

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I tried Bartender but got tired of it really
    if u got "sick" of Bartender, then dont expect any UI to please you since MOST use bartender...

Deleted
    I switch between the mindset of using ElvUI and keeping everything default. You'll just have to use both and make up your own mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmbryant91 View Post
    Use what you're comfortable playing with.

This sums it up. It's all a matter of opinion/what works for you. If you like the way it looks and it does what you need it to do then there is no reason to switch. Most UI packs are for cosmetics. You often still have to download the addons you specifically need.

You should work towards a point where you could hide your bars and know what key each spell is bound to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

Personally, I can't imagine playing with the standard UI because it's such a cluttered mess, and lacks fundamental functions. It's like driving with the handbrake on, or having sex with your clothes on, or something.

I use addons to clear up space and bring everything in an order that feels more intuitive for me. They do make my playing 200% better. Not because they're so unbelievably good, but because they offer customisation that the standard UI scandalously doesn't.

Once you've gotten used to your new UI, you'll never look back. If you use them to make things easier and more seamless for you, that is.
    Some people use addons to make things even more complicated, cluttered up and overwhelming. I actually think that all pre-designed UI packs etc. are like that. I'd rather set up my own stuff according to my needs and playstyle, instead of basically having to learn to play someone else's UI.

The good thing about MoP is that you can screw around with new specs and UIs in the scenarios. It's a good field test and still there's little that can go wrong. They're a great way to get the hang of new stuff before stepping into areas of content where you can actually totally screw it up for other people.
    Last edited by Pull My Finger; 2013-03-04 at 04:40 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    This may seem "duh" ... but before you play with your UI take a screenshot of your current one (for each character). I think I know where everything is/was until I start up with something new and then stare an icon and wonder what it's for and where I had it. ("Purple dagger with a swirling thing?? WTF is that?" -- Don't laugh, it happens.) Anyway, as long as your buttons are in the same place/same order (and I mean for your bags and your micro menu and all of that, not just spells) then the UI really does just come down to aesthetics. If you're reordering things and putting them in different places on your screen it's going to end up fail.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    to be true i was using the standard bliz ui with some improvements like clique, auctioneer, and others non visuals.
    because i was getting lag and load time.
    iwth new pc, new graphic card, and ssd i thought going for some suite but i didnt know which one, for a 1920x1080

I made my custom UI back in WotLK. Nowadays i use TukUI which is quite nice. Oh yeah and keybinding EVERYTHING helps a ton