Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Guessing if a puddle with drop on you in the next 5 seconds is not engaging in any way, nor does it add "challenge". It adds yet another bullshit luck factor.
    it is all part of the game... but with all the timers available in DBM, or another similar mod, how much guessing is there? or is that difficult to simply wait until you see that the puddle has not spawned under you to begin channeling evocation? if it is even a concern given the fight, of course. and while is certainly is not ideal, it really isn't that difficult or penalizing to move out of the puddle and channel evocation a second time if you were forced to move during the original channel.

i would rather see them buff our damage by 15%, lose the damage bonuses from the lvl 90 talents, and give us something more diverse with more utility than RoP or Invocation.
    Last edited by elpadrino293; 2013-03-05 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    I don't see how the best and the worst mobility option in the tier is "evil and parasitic".
    Well RoP is pretty obvious, keeping you confined to the tiny area.

IW for not allowing you to do competitive DPS compared to Invo/RoP.

---------- Post added 2013-03-04 at 07:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by elpadrino293 View Post
    it is all part of the game... but with all the timers available in DBM, or another similar mod, how much guessing is there? or is that difficult to simply wait until you see that the puddle has not spawned under you to begin channeling evocation? if it is even a concern given the fight, of course. and while is certainly is not ideal, it really isn't that difficult or penalizing to move out of the puddle and channel evocation a second time if you were forced to move during the original channel.
    When a lot of things align in a row, it tends to be worse to sit and wait, even moreso with the Invo change.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jtmzac View Post
    I'd say its more like 20% rng and 80% skill/experience/knowledge.

Reward without risk is boring.
    Considering a half-brained idiot could do it, it's more like 90% RNG. It's about as compelling as Improved Soul Fire was.

I.e. not very.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    IW for not allowing you to do competitive DPS compared to Invo/RoP.
    IW clearly seems designed around its passive mana regen, not DPS.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

IW clearly seems designed around its passive mana regen, not DPS.
    So it's purely for PvP/Arcane? Genius design right there, right?

Regardless, it's still not a competitive DPS choice.

---------- Post added 2013-03-04 at 08:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Considering a half-brained idiot could do it, it's more like 90% RNG. It's about as compelling as Improved Soul Fire was.

I.e. not very.
    ISF is essentially the same as Invo, except Invo is worse because it's even slower. It'll essentially be the same cast time in 5.2, but at least Invo will last longer.

Still a bullshit mechanic, but whatever. This thread is about Mage bombs, and we're drifting from that topic.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    So it's purely for PvP/Arcane? Genius design right there, right?
    Last I checked, Mages used mana, regardless of spec.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    Last I checked, Mages used mana, regardless of spec.
    And last I checked, mana was obsolete for almost all DPS classes. Arcane is the only exception, and even then the healer-style model fails for a DPS class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I go frost, NT, just for the reason it's easier to manage, and with all the haste, it will tick 16 times no problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eventhough the removal of this glyph does not impact our dps by that much it does change the way i feel about my gameplay, for me spreading my lb/dots is really a part of fire (I know its possible for every class) but fire without this seems even more raped then it already was by blizzard.

I also think that there will be a couple of situations where you wont be able to just tab quickly and dot up in 3 perfect seconds, you might have to skip a mob that you tabbed because you can't for some reason dps it...

Nimryas - EU-Kazzak ~ My youtube channel

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KoolKidKaos View Post
    If I go frost, NT, just for the reason it's easier to manage, and with all the haste, it will tick 16 times no problem.
    unless you can refresh it every time with under .775 second remaining on the dot, won't you lose a tick or sacrifice it's up time?
    Last edited by elpadrino293; 2013-03-05 at 03:49 AM.

Drragon, Elpadrino is clearly trolling you. Anyone that has played a mage in a raid knows how stupid invoc is for 5.0 raiding.

5.2 changes will help but it just makes our talent choices even more acute. Every mage will have to use NT and Invoc. The other options for both those tiers are useless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by goulet goulet View Post
    Drragon, Elpadrino is clearly trolling you. Anyone that has played a mage in a raid knows how stupid invoc is for 5.0 raiding.

5.2 changes will help but it just makes our talent choices even more acute. Every mage will have to use NT and Invoc. The other options for both those tiers are useless.
    Invoc was not stupid in 5.0, far from it. what it did was punish stupid players !... witch imo is a good thing, as it weaves out the good from the bad. But i guess this game is getting too casual for such things.

You can't seriously be sitting there saying its not annoying as all get out to be on a boss like h-kings and get targeted by an shade in the last phase. Especially when your invocing as it gets cast onto you.

Your being incendiary and trollish. If your not then i don't understand how you like to play. Not being able to interact with the really good but movement heavy encounters, without getting punished, isn't my idea of good design.

But like i said i'm assuming troll behaviour.

Infracted. Please don't call other people trolls.
    Last edited by Shangalar; 2013-03-05 at 08:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    could these examples be any more ridiculous? really, how often does that happen to you? or better yet, how many times a week do you honestly have to cancel an evocation in the first place? and then, is that number even anywhere close to the total number of completed evocations? you are doing something wrong if it is. it is completely absurd to whine about how annoying it is to be targeted by a mechanic of the fight. it will always be annoying, whether you are channeling evocation or not. they don't design every encounter to be like patchwerk, they will to force you to move, you have to learn to deal with it. no one cries about standing still in a rune of power for 60 seconds, but when you have to stand still for 6 second, it is simply just too inconvenient.
    Last edited by elpadrino293; 2013-03-05 at 12:22 PM.

Deleted
    I will start with NT and try to get 18 ticks (45.83% haste) and 23 ticks with Sinister Proc and looking forward to gazillion Brain Freeze procs :P

My point is that it shouldnt break your dps to such an extent to have to do a mechanic. Every other class is able to do at least decent portion of their rotation on the move. Mages get their damage nerfed extremely in moving fights. Just about every fight now days involves movement, kiting, ground poop and stack points. They are the fights that are fun in game and its not fun, in my view anyways, to stand still and/or find times to maintain a buff. As people have mentioned they have had things like this in the past that they scrapped because they sucked. Why allow this poor QoL for us now?

We have derailed this conversation and to that point the changes to mages in 5.2 have done the opposite of what they stated their goals were. Which was to make other talents more attractive. The bomb situation is clearly only going to be NT for pve and in most cases pvp. Invoc is going to be the clear choice for pve and in most cases pvp since the buff and the bubble is dispelable now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by goulet goulet View Post
    You can't seriously be sitting there saying its not annoying as all get out to be on a boss like h-kings and get targeted by an shade in the last phase. Especially when your invocing as it gets cast onto you.

Your being incendiary and trollish. If your not then i don't understand how you like to play. Not being able to interact with the really good but movement heavy encounters, without getting punished, isn't my idea of good design.

But like i said i'm assuming troll behaviour.

Infracted. Please don't call other people trolls.
    I assure you i am not trolling, Imo invoc increased the skill cap, witch is something i think is very much needed in such a newb/casual friendly game, with 3s cast time and no CD there is nothing to separate the good from the bad because there is literally no punishment for wrong play, the only other skill related thing fire have is combustion management, and lets be honest there aint much to it.

Also i love how you pick out Heroic kings, as it is one of the fights were i throughout the expansion have the highest % of uptime on evocation...

Is the choice of NT as the bomb choice for PvE being driven by a specific trinket that is considered BiS for 5.2? Aka to proc said trinket more frequnetly?

I love how when Blizzard implemented the new talents it was meant to be "more cookie cutter' and easier to figure out for your average player, rather we have more debate now over a choice of bomb or tier 90 talent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gallamann View Post
    Is the choice of NT as the bomb choice for PvE being driven by a specific trinket that is considered BiS for 5.2? Aka to proc said trinket more frequnetly?
    NT>living bomb and you can't use frost bomb with breath of the hydra for the same reason as light of the cosmos.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory