Deleted

Anyone picking up Glyph of Weakened Soul? (what to drop? *disc*)

The new glyph of weakened soul looks very tempting - I only play disc casually in LFR, but I make heavy use of power word shield and am often waiting for weakened soul to drop so that it can be re-applied. Anyone else tempted?

I am not sure what to drop. I currently have as my major glyphs: Holy Fire, Smite and Prayer of Mending (giving up glyph of penance for the latter was hard enough). As I use atonement a lot, I think smite is close to mandatory for my play style and the extra range from the Holy Fire is hard to turn down. I guess I'll be dropping the glyph of prayer of mending (I took it after starting the thread about using PoM on CD, to supplement my tank healing - I tend to focus on tank healing in LFR, as I find other healers tend to cover the raid well enough but tanks sometimes need extra help).

Drop holy fire. You hardly ever find yourself 30-40 yrds out of the bosses range.
    But honestly if you are doing LFR, the glyph of Weakened Soul shouldn't even matter in a 25 man setting.

I'm going with clebane, drop holy fire pick up Weakened Soul.

What are you hoping to get out of your Glyph of Prayer of Mending? You say that you think the tanks sometimes need extra help, but I think an extra 15k healing or so every 10 seconds (at best) is going to make no difference to their survivability whatsoever. And if the bounces aren't getting all used up, spending 10k mana just for a 40k heal on one tank is very inefficient.

I think the Smite glyph is also very situational. The times you benefit most from the glyph (i.e. pure atonement healing) is also the times you least need the extra HPS, because you only atonement heal during low damage. Then during high damage periods, you get no benefit at all.

So my preference would be getting rid of the ProM glyph (because I don't like glyphs that make spells worse) and the Smite glyph (pretty much only good for Elegon and Wind Lord), and then you can get your Glyph of Penance back as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    It may make a smallish difference long term to use the added % of Prayer of mending on a tank from the glyph. Though in short high tank damage time frames, it can be extremely beneficial to allow for more time for you and the other healers to push out bigger heals.

Ontopic, I'll definatley be trying this glyph out, its a pure throughput increase. Though with the changes to Rapture it could potentially lead to mana issues during first weeks of progression if not careful.

Glyph of ProM is a throughput decrease if all 5 ProM charges would have been used up before it comes off CD - which is the case in all the predictable AoE where you really want to use it:
    - Zorlok force and verve
    - Tayak tornado phase
    - Garalon (entire fight)
    - Wind lord rain of blades
    - Empress when cry of terror is up, or last phase (though you can make a case for the glyph here)
    - Protectors last phase
    - Tsulong night phase
    - Lei Shi get away

All of these abilities/bosses will eat up all your ProM charges in a matter of seconds, making it a (slight) HPS loss to use the glyph.

You might be able to get some mileage out of it on Empress and Sha of Fear if you feel ProM charges are being used up too slowly, want a (very slight) throughput increase in exchange for worse HPM, and are able to consistently recast it after 4 bounces. It's too niche for my tastes, and if your goal is tank healing then 15k extra healing on the tank every 10s is just not a good return when even Renew (which is itself terrible) absolutely blows it away.

Weakened Soul + Power Word: Shield glyphs together will probably be pretty awesome.

Now I'm wondering if it's worth to drop the smite glyph for PWS and run with Penance/PWS/WS.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

The glyph of PW:S is still a decrease in total healing, but it's a smaller difference (this is assuming the healing portion is affected by our healing mastery, if not then there was no change). I'm using Penance/Inner Sanctum/Weaken Soul, because I'm finding less and less time to take advantage of Atonement in the new fights and seeing myself spamming PW:S more often than not. With the new tier, the Glyph of PoM loses even more value.

Personally for disc I ran with Smite, HF + penance. Now, I dropped HF because the extra 10 yards seems somewhat useless to me (how often are you needing to smite spam AND stay > 30 yards from the boss?) and replaced it with Weakened Soul.

Guess it's based on fight. I used the PW:S glyph on Tortos, since you can't really do any atonement on that fight beside the beginning and it did 5% of my overall healing.

Log here

Not that big of a deal.

And on a fight like Tortos, it's likely that if you didn't glyph it you would have done the exact same HPS since there's almost always damage outgoing on that boss. I never liked that PWS glyph. It gives you nothing extra unless the heal can crit (looks like the log linked it never critted) and even then doesn't seem worth it. I tried the weakened soul glyph and I'm just not sure about it. It's nice for tanks though and the rest of the glyphs are so underwhelming that I might just stick with it.

Has anyone tried the Binding Heal glyph. I glyphed it for a minute and saw the mana cost was 22k or something which seems really high.

Now that we're throwing out PW:S like candy, IMO glyph of weakened soul is mandatory. I'm currently running with PW:S, weakened soul and penance.

Quote Originally Posted by vanityking View Post
    The glyph of PW:S is still a decrease in total healing, but it's a smaller difference (this is assuming the healing portion is affected by our healing mastery, if not then there was no change.
    The glyph shouldn't have much, if any effect on total healing. Remember the heal from the glyph can crit and proc DA.

Assuming an unglyphed PW:S will not overheal:
    You shield someone with full health and the heal doesn't crit - decrease
    You shield someone at full health, and the heal crits - no change (because of DA)
    If you shield someone < 100% health and the heal doesn't crit - no change
    If you shield someone < 100% health and the heal crits
    - Increase if extra shield from DA doesn't over-heal.
    - No change if extra shield from DA over-heals

Assuming an unglyphed PW:S will overheal (ignoring crits because they would just overheal):
    You shield someone with full health - no change
    If you shield someone < 100% health - increase

If there is any decrease in throughput, it's offset by the increased utility of having an being able to shield and heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Guess it's based on fight. I used the PW:S glyph on Tortos, since you can't really do any atonement on that fight beside the beginning and it did 5% of my overall healing.

Log here

Not that big of a deal.
    Seems to be a wash on that fight. With 22.0% healing being PWS, you'd expect 5.4% healing from the glyph, and your actual healing from the glyph was 5.2%. Overheal on the Glyph heal was higher than overheal on PWS too.

I can't see much case for taking it over say Inner Sanctum.

Well I use Inner Sanctum because nothing else seems appealing. I don't think the absurd amount of mana I have to pay is enough to justify healing 3 people quickly, specially if it doesn't proc Grace like a Flash Heal would and I'm still not sold on PW:S. I guess if you use it on someone who isn't topped and if it crits it's better, but that's two ifs and I'd rather have more stability, I might play around with it some more on more AoE type fights. My guild didn't get to Tortos, we just got the council.

Tortos, since you can't really do any atonement on that fight beside the beginning
    What? Yes you can, between stomps most of what I was doing was atonment because of the damage buff on the boss.

In 10 man on totoros, you can stack PW:S on an entire group without it touching your mana. on 25 man, i was SSing 2 groups, PW:S another each stomp.

I think the glyph of PW:S is just not in a good place right now for disc and should be avoided TBH.

Deleted
    I went with Penance glyph (I went late for that one, but what they say is true, once you go penance while moving, you never go back), Smite and Binding heal. The extra 10 yards on Holy Fire glyph dont seem that useful (maybe for some severely spreading requirement fight, I always hated those with 30 yards), I handled fine without it so far, I dont see the reason to take it now. Honestly, they should just drop the 30 y bs, a major glyph with that is meh. The Smite glyph also affects Solace (I went with solace last night), I tested it before raid, since it wasnt clear from the tooltip. I do find myself using atonement quite a lot, not sure how much smite on the dot happens, since I'm still using the t14 bonus, but it's still a clear gain. I spammed binding heal on some trash packs (the horrid bridge ones) when I had about 10 ppl left alive and was frantically trying to keep myself and the tank alive. The third target passive was worth the bucket of mana. I didn't especially use binding heal on bosses, just had better things to do most of the time.

I've given up on pom glyph because even cast on tanks it often goes on overhealing, since they are spammed. The inner sanctum glyph never appealed to me, I dont tend to die more often than others. The weakened Soul glyph doesn't hold much appeal to me either, I raid 25 mans, there's always plenty of targets for PWS there, and tank dmg isnt that insane. Maybe I would take it for a specific tank fight. I dont especially use more PWS than before the patch, tried on Tortos, drained my mana like hell.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyLathusDisc View Post
    What? Yes you can, between stomps most of what I was doing was atonment because of the damage buff on the boss.

In 10 man on totoros, you can stack PW:S on an entire group without it touching your mana. on 25 man, i was SSing 2 groups, PW:S another each stomp.

I think the glyph of PW:S is just not in a good place right now for disc and should be avoided TBH.

Has anyone done the math on if PWS crits and the subsequent heal from the glyph crits what the total heal+shield absorb+DA absorb fromt he shield would be? if thats even how it would work.

idk just a random thought, I dont like where the glyph is at for us either
    You cant heal stupid, but you sure can shield it.