Thread: A PvP sticky?

10+ Year Old Account

A PvP sticky?

I'm not much into PvP myself, just a casual BG here and there for a laugh, but it kinda dawned on me (only took me a few months) that the Warlock PvP'ers might be interested in a thread to talk about all things PvP, like we have threads for the different specs. Just a central spot where you can talk about tips and tricks, tendencies of certain team make-up's you often run into, or have trouble with, pros and cons of certain talents or certain specs, stuff like that.

So my question to you is would you be interested in such a central thread or do you prefer to have seperate threads on seperate subjects when there is a need for them? I ask this, cause I would probably start funneling PvP related questions to this central thread, unless the subject would take over regular discussion too much. It is most likely that I'll start a thread, watch it for a week or 2 once the season starts and then make a discision about if I'm going to sticky it or not.

So, yay, or nay?

I would say yes, there are quite a few threads made about this, centralizing them would clean the forum up a lot.
    Cyner#1996

yup, I approve this message

A clear and resounding yes. Hopefully someone good at warlock pvp could make an informative post answering alot of the common questions.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I'm not much into PvP myself, just a casual BG here and there for a laugh, but it kinda dawned on me (only took me a few months) that the Warlock PvP'ers might be interested in a thread to talk about all things PvP, like we have threads for the different specs. Just a central spot where you can talk about tips and tricks, tendencies of certain team make-up's you often run into, or have trouble with, pros and cons of certain talents or certain specs, stuff like that.

So my question to you is would you be interested in such a central thread or do you prefer to have seperate threads on seperate subjects when there is a need for them? I ask this, cause I would probably start funneling PvP related questions to this central thread, unless the subject would take over regular discussion too much. It is most likely that I'll start a thread, watch it for a week or 2 once the season starts and then make a discision about if I'm going to sticky it or not.

So, yay, or nay?
    You have my vote, we have been lacking a pvp discussion thread since the "CC and survivability" thread with Xelnath so I feel its a wise choice.

Yes, a thread for discussing and consolidating the knowledge of warlock pvp is exactly what we need. Currently there is a staggering little amount of information concerning warlocks in all facets of pvp.

It might be better if it can somehow be divided amongst specs. That way one specs fans can't just take over the thread and leave the rest of the players with nothing. Just a constructive thought ;-)

A sticky would help clean it up, but might make it more complicated. It would be less convoluted to have a PVE category with sub threads for each class, and a PvP category with sub threads for each class. Making a sticky under warlocks to talk about PvP would consolidate it to one thread, but would get very hard to follow because there is no break in discussion. separating the 2 (PvE and PvP) is a must as the objectives for each are so vastly different.

I'm definitely for a dedicated PvP thread. This forum is lacking a lot in terms of warlocks and PvP.

Dunno, although the idea seems nice and thoughtful on paper, sometimes it seems better to have separate threads, and not only for specs. Discussing comp balance is one thing, specific abilities/talents is another, and I don't really see how to pass on from one topic to another while avoiding confusion. If anything a spec per spec thing would be nice, since you have Destro fanboys for example and Aff haters.
    I usually see discussions coming along just when changes pop up or new patches start.
    But really, thanks for the thought.

---------- Post added 2013-03-04 at 10:01 PM ----------

If anything, a huge guide about PvP would be great and then have a discussion around it. But yeah, you'd need someone/some players arsed enough to make a guide for every single spec, and that's without even mentioning what kind of PvP: Duels, 2v2, 3v3, BGs, World PVP, etc...

*Raises both hands*

Deleted
    Yes please! I wat to try out warlock pvp so I would love a sticky

Well if anything Xskarma just send a message to some warlock users that seem to know about PvP, asking them if they would like to contribute in a way or another. We then round up everything and make a megathread sticky.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I can get myself some free time I might write a nice PvP guide for all 3 speces with some basic explanation, if enough people are interested enough for that.

I'm planning to do a revision of my video guides in 5.2, finally got a new computer to fraps/stream without FPS issues. I'll probably work on a written guide as well if people want that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenexis View Post
    If anything, a huge guide about PvP would be great and then have a discussion around it. But yeah, you'd need someone/some players arsed enough to make a guide for every single spec, and that's without even mentioning what kind of PvP: Duels, 2v2, 3v3, BGs, World PVP, etc...
    Well, let's not overextend our reach on a first try at this. Let's try to get a discussion thread for PvP going at first and then start worrying about different niches and specs. It needs to be a thread where noobs like me can ask questions about PvP in BG's but still be a thread where more experienced PvP'ers can hang out and share experiences.

I found that a lot of people get better at, and more knowledgable by, reading better players talk about the ins and outs of what they do. The PvE stickies are a good example of that, but so is the Soloing Old Content thread. Those threads are conversations about various subjects about the main interest of the thread, interspersed with questions about what to do or how to tackle things by less informed or experienced players. This is what I'd like to see. The beta when there was a roaring thread about PvP where Xelnath came and discussed with some of you makes me believe that such a thread could get started and thrive (Just hope it's less hostile )

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    If I can get myself some free time I might write a nice PvP guide for all 3 speces with some basic explanation, if enough people are interested enough for that.
    Well if you could make a short and simple guide for each spec that would help a new player get into a spec in PvP that would be very helpful. Ideally it's just a few lines talking about what the goal of each spec is (for instance Affliction is built on spreading dots to as many enemies as it can and keep pressure up) then some spec specific things to look out for and do (for instance Affliction is probably a priority to get UA up before your other dots) And then probably a class specific bit where you give a quick rundown of the different baseline stuff and talents we have and how to best use them (like Demonic Portal and Sacrificial Pact). We'll start with a general 1 size fits all type deal and see if we can work on seperate more in depth guides for the future.

All in all it shouldn't be too long, just some basic information that every warlock should know. Something like that will help keep the most basic questions out of the thread, or just being able to answer them by reffering to the OP.

If you are willing to do something like this then by all means send me a PM so we can talk it over, Niberion.

I'll most likely start the thread dinner time tonight my time, just before the American servers will come online with the new patch, but it will be easy enough to later add the guide to the OP when it's done. I've done something similar to the Soloing old content thread.

Something like gemming and reforging would be greatly appreciated if guides are going up. I always forget what the PvP stat prios are. <.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Opened a thread for this, feel free to start using it.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...4#post20425544

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Opened a thread for this, feel free to start using it.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...4#post20425544
    I think he was specifically talking about stat priorities for PvP, where for example haste is almost useless for Demo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenexis View Post
    I think he was specifically talking about stat priorities for PvP, where for example haste is almost useless for Demo.
    Euh, may have misunderstood, or not followed the link. I opened the PvP thread that will possibly become the PvP sticky. Even if my comment wasn't meant to adress it, the thread would be a perfect place to ask such a question as Zaeed asked